Tory leadership contest - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Tory leadership contest

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I thought they had planned some tactical voting to keep the other burd (whatever her name is) out? Didnae work. 

In a few weeks time we could easily have a PM who 95% of the population had never even heard of 3 weeks ago. Even now I would guess that over have the population haven't a clue who she is. Me included. This is the sort of "democracy" Tony B Liar wanted to impose on Iraq.

3 minutes ago, Orraloon said:

I thought they had planned some tactical voting to keep the other burd (whatever her name is) out? Didnae work. 

In a few weeks time we could easily have a PM who 95% of the population had never even heard of 3 weeks ago. Even now I would guess that over have the population haven't a clue who she is. Me included. This is the sort of "democracy" Tony B Liar wanted to impose on Iraq.

Gove got LESS votes than he did in round 1!

Surely to hell being endorsed by Griffin has to be a big vote loser for Leadsom...

I'd never heard of her till last week when she was on a discussion on the radio and was being ludicrously touchy about not being allowed to finish what she was saying. If she gets the gig she'll make Corbyn look media savvy by comparison.

Her speech on the economy today seems to have been based on some inspirational quotes from her desktop calendar...

Just now, neilser said:

I'd never heard of her till last week when she was on a discussion on the radio and was being ludicrously touchy about not being allowed to finish what she was saying. If she gets the gig she'll make Corbyn look media savvy by comparison.

Her speech on the economy today seems to have been based on some inspirational quotes from her desktop calendar...

I'd only first heard of her when my MP slated her, as Energy Minister, for never visiting Aberdeen.

31 minutes ago, Cove_Sheep said:

I'd only first heard of her when my MP slated her, as Energy Minister, for never visiting Aberdeen.

You should ask a mutual friend what their impression of her is. Clue, it's not high. 

First time I seen her was on one of the EU debates. She had a really irritiating condescending smile whenever she talked, even when she was talking about something that was deemed negative. She completley reminded me of Margaret Thatcher , the way Thatcher would put on that smug smile whilst putting the boot in. God help us . 

2 hours ago, Cove_Sheep said:

Michael Gove gubbed in round 2.

Hopefully this means the Tory party have finally awoken to this duplicitous, two faced, sneering backstabbing, fanatically ambitious, political psychopath, this foreskin faced freakshow and his horrendous scheming wife should crawl back under their media rocks. I cannot believe it has taken the Tories / world this long to wake up to this Murdoch toad. And no thanks to the world, arsehole boy and his horrible handler have done it to themselves. Not only has he put independence on a plate he has fukked himself completely. 

As for the other two whatever, usual shite. Just be grateful it is not nutter boy Gove with his horrible wee hand on the button. .

2 hours ago, Cove_Sheep said:

Gove got LESS votes than he did in round 1!

Surely to hell being endorsed by Griffin has to be a big vote loser for Leadsom...

You do realise that it's Tory party members, who vote in this don't you?

2 hours ago, TDYER63 said:

First time I seen her was on one of the EU debates. She had a really irritiating condescending smile whenever she talked, even when she was talking about something that was deemed negative. She completley reminded me of Margaret Thatcher , the way Thatcher would put on that smug smile whilst putting the boot in. God help us . 

She's definitely got the air of a pantomime villianess about her.

I'll be amazed of she gets the vote, she seems way out of her depth already...

Imagine how difficult to become head of a large company. Or, say a top football club.

And someone like leadsom comes along, one tv debate later, suddenly on the winning side, and the virtue of not being michael gove, and someone almost no-one has heard of could be installed by a tiny number of tories as leading a whole country

She seems about as much use as a chocolate teapot:

http://www.theguardian.com/politics/2016/jul/07/the-perfect-champion-for-the-new-nasty-party-andrea-leadsom

I shudder at the thought of her as PM (and can scarcely imagine how inept she'd be) but on the other hand it might make a few more No voters switch to Yes for the 2nd independence referendum with a total ba' heid like her in Downing Street. 

9 minutes ago, neilser said:

She seems about as much use as a chocolate teapot:

http://www.theguardian.com/politics/2016/jul/07/the-perfect-champion-for-the-new-nasty-party-andrea-leadsom

I shudder at the thought of her as PM (and can scarcely imagine how inept she'd be) but on the other hand it might make a few more No voters switch to Yes for the 2nd independence referendum with a total ba' heid like her in Downing Street. 

“I envisage there being absolutely no regulation whatsoever – no minimum wage, no maternity or paternity rights, no unfair dismissal rights, no pension rights – for the smallest companies that are trying to get off the ground, in order to give them a chance" Leadsom, 2012.

2 minutes ago, Cove_Sheep said:

“I envisage there being absolutely no regulation whatsoever – no minimum wage, no maternity or paternity rights, no unfair dismissal rights, no pension rights – for the smallest companies that are trying to get off the ground, in order to give them a chance" Leadsom, 2012.

She's almost a parody of herself. Surprised she doesn't want to disapply health & safety law and the Working Time regulations. An utter  scumbag.

10 hours ago, Toepoke said:

She's definitely got the air of a pantomime villianess about her.

I'll be amazed of she gets the vote, she seems way out of her depth already...

They voted for IDS, wee Willie Hague and Michael Howard, so I wouldn't be at all surprised if she beats May. Folk that join political parties tend to be swivel-eyed zoomers.