Tory leadership contest - Page 4 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Tory leadership contest

On 10 July 2016 at 2:00 PM, TDYER63 said:

I was talking about the bouffant hair in work the other day. There is no doubt,  whichever of them is chosen will look different in a years time. I reckon the stylists will get a lot more added value by choosing May, Leadsom at least looks like she combs her hair at present.  It will be like PM questions meets Gok Wan. 

They'll be gutted Ken Clarke didn't stand again, a stylists walking guaranteed pension fund.

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Half suspect this was always the plan - take the rat Gove out the race and then step aside for a super fast coronation. (Murdoch will pressure May big time into keeping Gove in a cabinet job come the reshuffle but she would be insane to have him anywhere near her.)

20 minutes ago, thplinth said:

Half suspect this was always the plan - take the rat Gove out the race and then step aside for a super fast coronation. (Murdoch will pressure May big time into keeping Gove in a cabinet job come the reshuffle but she would be insane to have him anywhere near her.)

Remember the Birmingham schools radicalisation scandal when there was a big fall out between Gove - as Education Secretary - and May which resulted in Gove being sacked by Cameron.

I doubt he'll be in the next cabinet but nothing would surprise me know, I've suspended all disbelief as far as UK politics is concerned.

Was Teresa May not part of the remain campaign? So we have the situation that after brexit - dodgy Dave resigns, saying it is not his job to negotiate an exit from EU, it is for one of the leave campaigners to do that and be the next PM.  After a few backstabbing and internal party politics - Teresa May lands up in the job.

Tory MP's furious that Angus Robertson and Carol Monaghan for asking critical questions and not joining in the praise session during PMQs.

Then they were furious again when the SNP MP's didn't stand and applaud him outside the chamber.

Lots of anti-Scottish bile swarming around twitter now. "The jocks should show some respect" etc

This a parliament, a place of work, a place of democracy and public scrutiny, it is not a fecking parlour game or a cricket match on the village green.

Speaker Bercow was an absolute let down. Margaret Ferrier, John McNally and Ian Blackford were all due to ask the PM questions and they weren't called thinks to Conservative MP's gushing praise upon wee Davie. Ordinarily, the Speaker should have cut them short and demanded a question from them, instead he just let it go.

Feck Westminster.

Alan Roden, Iain Martin and ITV journalist Chris Ship appear to have become little obsessed over the SNP not clapping Cameron out the chamber. Emm, suck it up chaps. :wave:

Oh and self loathing Scot Martin is a hypocrite. 

CnPq2m3WEAAgOHf.jpg

"Bad form", "no respect", "classless", "they don't appreciate the history of this place", "they spoiled a lovely farewell" - some of the stuff from twitter. Feck their stupid Westminster etiquette and silly traditions. What has Cameron ever done for Scotland ? He deserves no applause.

Edited by ErsatzThistle

23 minutes ago, ErsatzThistle said:

Alan Roden, Iain Martin and ITV journalist Chris Ship appear to have become little obsessed over the SNP not clapping Cameron out the chamber. Emm, suck it up chaps. :wave:

Oh and self loathing Scot Martin is a hypocrite. 

CnPq2m3WEAAgOHf.jpg

"Bad form", "no respect", "classless", "they don't appreciate the history of this place", "they spoiled a lovely farewell" - some of the stuff from twitter. Feck their stupid Westminster etiquette and silly traditions. What has Cameron ever done for Scotland ? He deserves no applause.

You really are the board's biggest MOPE by some distance, aren't you?

1 hour ago, aaid said:

You really are the board's biggest MOPE by some distance, aren't you?

thanks for your input. Any comment on what was posted? Do you think Scottish MPs should stand and applaud Cameron?? 

10 minutes ago, dipped flake said:

thanks for your input. Any comment on what was posted? Do you think Scottish MPs should stand and applaud Cameron?? 

Not at all, in fact I'm delighted that they didn't. 

I'm not going to work myself into a rage about what Iain Martin or Alan Roden think about it though.

The hypcrisy is ridiculous. These MPs are slagging each other off week in week out but the SNP get bad mouthed for not clapping  Dave. There is a big difference between not clapping and being disrespectful in as much booing or something similar which would be completely unacceptable.

Aaid is right though,  it's not worth getting your knickers in a twist about. The way politics has gone recently I think many people out there may quietly admire this rare act of honesty. 

1 hour ago, aaid said:

Not at all, in fact I'm delighted that they didn't. 

I'm not going to work myself into a rage about what Iain Martin or Alan Roden think about it though.

fair enough, no idea who these 2 guys are anyway but Martin does sound like a true 'Scottish Cringe' merchant