Dallas Shootings - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Dallas Shootings

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 minutes ago, derekfaejapan said:

Five police officers reported dead now, absolutely horrific...So much for these fvcking Black Lives Matter 'peaceful' protesters. CĂșnts.

So you know the people who carried out this were black? And even if they were, does it mean that because the they were black that, black people do not have the right to protest about police actions which have been broadcast in the last few days, weeks, months and years?

2 minutes ago, Scotunited said:

So you know the people who carried out this were black? And even if they were, does it mean that because the they were black that, black people do not have the right to protest about police actions which have been broadcast in the last few days, weeks, months and years?

Not everyone on their marches is black, you do realise that don't you? And who accused any black people of anything?

Edited by derekfaejapan

I've seen nothing to suggest any sort of direct connection between the Black Lives Matter protest (the BBC just said the shootings came at the end of a peaceful protest march) and the gunmen. The motivation of the attackers may turn out to have been some sort of revenge for the recent police shootings, but that doesn't seem to me to be a reason to condemn a peaceful protest. It is a terrible thing, best not to jump to conclusions.

I had just finished watching the UFC card when i noticed this was happening. Some crazy footage. The shooters had some sort of training. The way they moved was educated. Someone caught one of the cops engaging with one of the shooters and the cop just didn't have the experience to deal with it.. Shooter shoots one side of the pillar the cop is using for cover, then immediately sprints to the  other side and behind the cop and shoots him point blank in the back with what looks like an assault rifle.

It's disturbing. Didn't realise what i was watching till too late.

Bad state of affairs.

America will never end it's association with guns - their answer is always more guns! 

Too many people make too much money from the current setup and that matters more to those in charge. 

Sad state of affairs. 

1 hour ago, phart said:

I had just finished watching the UFC card when i noticed this was happening. Some crazy footage. The shooters had some sort of training. The way they moved was educated. Someone caught one of the cops engaging with one of the shooters and the cop just didn't have the experience to deal with it.. Shooter shoots one side of the pillar the cop is using for cover, then immediately sprints to the  other side and behind the cop and shoots him point blank in the back with what looks like an assault rifle.

Bad state of affairs.

Saw that myself, but wasn't sure if there was a police officer behind pillar 

2 hours ago, phart said:

Bad state of affairs.

I have seen that footage also and it is a very deft maneuver done almost without hesitation. Tend to agree the person knew what there were doing / had been involved in a firefight before.

This is insanity. The US is creating a Muslim/Christian situation, except in this case it's black/white officialdom.

Have you see the videos of the black guy in the car being executed by the policeman ? Or the guy on the ground being murdered by white policemen ?

If these incidents keep on happening, then the USA is effectively going to go back to civil war.

Edited by Rossy

The shooting of 5 police officers is tragic, and deserving of world wide coverage.

But where was the world wide coverage of the guy who was murdered because he reached for his driving licence, as the police officer told him to do ? Where was the world wide coverage of the guy who was executed on the ground, and a pistol was put in his dead hand ?

No wonder that an entire race of Americans feel prosecuted and marginalised. 

I've been to the States loads of times (going back twice this year), and the country is amazing with the most fantastic, friendly people. But it's the most institutionally racist country in the world, by far.

24 minutes ago, Rossy said:

This is insanity. The US is creating a Muslim/Christian situation, except in this case it's black/white officialdom.

Have you see the videos of the black guy in the car being executed by the policeman ? Or the guy on the ground being murdered by white policemen ?

If these incidents keep on happening, then the USA is effectively going to go back to civil war.

I saw the videos, and they are shocking, we know live in world, were these things are streamed live, and no hiding place from these events. 

These videos will have the same effect, that other propaganda videos have when trying to get new recruits. How does America deal with a US Army Vet, who does things like this? 

5 minutes ago, Scotunited said:

I saw the videos, and they are shocking, we know live in world, were these things are streamed live, and no hiding place from these events. 

These videos will have the same effect, that other propaganda videos have when trying to get new recruits. How does America deal with a US Army Vet, who does things like this? 

People like this guy are committing murder because they feel utterly helpless. 

Unless the US takes serious, and obvious, steps to show that black lives are valued, there will be more incidents like this. 

Just now, Rossy said:

People like this guy are committing murder because they feel utterly helpless. 

Unless the US takes serious, and obvious, steps to show that black lives are valued, there will be more incidents like this. 

It seems an obvious answer, but then you have the people on the opposite side, that will begin to feel the same, and take the same tragic concequences,  was it Timothy MCVie that blew up a building - many years ago? 

30 minutes ago, Scotunited said:

It seems an obvious answer, but then you have the people on the opposite side, that will begin to feel the same, and take the same tragic concequences,  was it Timothy MCVie that blew up a building - many years ago? 

Timothy McVeigh was a lunatic, disaffected nutter with access to explosives. 

He didn't speak for a whole race of Americans.

Edited by Rossy

2 minutes ago, Rossy said:

Timothy McVie was a lunatic, disaffected nutter with access to explosives. 

He didn't speak for a whole race of Americans.

It would appear that could also apply to Micah Johnson from what they have recovered from his house

Just now, Ally Bongo said:

It would appear that could also apply to Micah Johnson from what they have recovered from his house

Obviously, Johnson doesn't either.

But the actions of official authorities in the USA are in danger of creating more Johnsons.

Almost any neutral observer to what is going on in the States would deduce that black lives are worth less than whites.

8 minutes ago, Ally Bongo said:

when these thighs happen and they search the house, they always find stuff, if you even think about committing an atrocity then, you will have paraphilia, weapons etc.mfinding search on the internet about how to make explosives etc, is probably what you search for if making a bomb etc.  If you hold extreme views, that will most likely be online as well.

its trying to identify these people before they commit crimes, or better still, find the reasons for becoming radicalism to the extent of going on a shooting spree.

11 minutes ago, Scotunited said:

Which part ? Or is that just a default reply

Default reply?

5 cops get shot in cold blood and you (3rd post) were straight in whining about if we know the shooters are 'black lives matter' kents?

Have you said anything on the murder of the policeman mr default reply?

Edited by thplinth

So because they were cops, it is somehow more unacceptable? You made a statement, without backing it up, and you have still not contributed anything to the conversation, apart from a comment that could have been posted to any one of the topics on here, hence the default reply comment.

if you wish to add something, I may or may not agree with, go ahead. Otherwise let the adults continue to debate.