Dallas Shootings - Page 2 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Dallas Shootings

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 minutes ago, Scotunited said:

So because they were cops, it is somehow more unacceptable? You made a statement, without backing it up, and you have still not contributed anything to the conversation, apart from a comment that could have been posted to any one of the topics on here, hence the default reply comment.

if you wish to add something, I may or may not agree with, go ahead. Otherwise let the adults continue to debate.

Sounds to me like you are an apologist for cop killing. 

Obama condemned the shootings calling them 'despicable' I must have missed it when he condemned the cop for shooting FIVE TIMES the guy reaching for his driving licence in front of his wife and daughter. There is NO excuse for that - it is murder plain and simple. That is what provoked the revenge attacks.

On 7/8/2016 at 9:14 PM, Pool Q said:

I've seen nothing to suggest any sort of direct connection between the Black Lives Matter protest (the BBC just said the shootings came at the end of a peaceful protest march) and the gunmen. The motivation of the attackers may turn out to have been some sort of revenge for the recent police shootings, but that doesn't seem to me to be a reason to condemn a peaceful protest. It is a terrible thing, best not to jump to conclusions.

If an Orange Order march had just passed through Glasgow without any trouble, then suddenly after it finished trouble flared...Would you still have the same moral high ground?

7 minutes ago, derekfaejapan said:

If an Orange Order march had just passed through Glasgow without any trouble, then suddenly after it finished trouble flared...Would you still have the same moral high ground?

Straw grasping, you were/are totally  out of order.

On 08/07/2016 at 0:47 PM, derekfaejapan said:

Five police officers reported dead now, absolutely horrific...So much for these fvcking Black Lives Matter 'peaceful' protesters. Cúnts.

One looney decides to shoot some white police officers and you have implicated all the people on that march as cnuts.Everyone knows that everyone on an orange march is a cnut, while no one usually gets killed. 'Black lives matter'  is also not a wanky phrase.

2 minutes ago, Eisegerwind said:

One looney decides to shoot some white police officers and you have implicated all the people on that march as cnuts.Everyone knows that everyone on an orange march is a cnut, while no one usually gets killed. 'Black lives matter'  is also not a wanky phrase.

Yes, the whole 'Black Lives Matter' movement is pathetic, utterly pathetic.

2 hours ago, derekfaejapan said:

I haven't softened my attitude on anything. Murder? :lol:

Be careful. Unless you agree on what the TAMB stance is from the comfort of a Scottish living room you're goosed.

9 hours ago, Third Lanark said:

Obama condemned the shootings calling them 'despicable' I must have missed it when he condemned the cop for shooting FIVE TIMES the guy reaching for his driving licence in front of his wife and daughter. There is NO excuse for that - it is murder plain and simple. That is what provoked the revenge attacks.

It is murder but the shooting of the cops would have happened eventually by the nutter.

Have people actaully watched the videos of the two latest incidents that are being held up as examples of the police just 'murdering' black people. 

The guy shot in the car...you do not see what happened to cause the shooting. It starts after he is shot so that is quite a leap to assume he was 'executed'. Also the police man who shot him is clearly very distressed at what has just happened. You can hear him shouting "F**K!" over and over all the way through it. They do make mistakes you know. Whatever happened I just don't see it that this guy callously shot a black man without giving a feck. Totally irresponsible to suggest so without clear evidence.

The other incident we have a guy with a fairly substantial criminal record who the day before apparently bought an illegal gun (for self defense) and who within 24hrs of buying it then threatened a homeless man with it who subsequently called the police. The guy is then seen resisting arrest on the video and wrestling on the floor with the two cops with the gun in his pocket. How the feck people can conclude this is "murder" is beyond me. If I had a weapon and resisted arrest in the USA I would be fairly confident of the same fate.

Well all this rush to judgment and fiery rhetoric delivered what they wanted. 

I have seen a few questionable incidents where cops have shot people far too quickly but this notion that they don't care about black people and shoot them willy nilly is a dangerous lie that has incited a serious problem. 

The media are hugely complicit as are politicians including Obama who has ruthlessly played the race card his whole term. The lie goes like this... Blacks account for 13% of the population... Blacks account for 24% of police shootings... therefore the police must be racist. Time and time again this pile of utter horseshit is trotted out by people who know exactly what they are doing. It is incitement pure and simple they are trying to provoke violence against the police and white people in general. It is votes to these whanks. So yeah fukk Black Lives Matter as an organisation.

Edited by thplinth

This is from the statement from the BLM web site. Notice any differences in the words used?

"The Black Lives Matter Network advocates for Dignity, Justice, and Respect. In the last few days, this country witnessed the recorded murders of Alton Sterling and Philando Castile at the hands of police, the latest victims in this country’s failed policing system. As we have done for decades, we marched and protested to highlight the urgent need to transform policing in America, to call for justice, transparency and accountability, and to demand that Black Lives Matter.

In Dallas, many gathered to do the same, joining in a day of action with friends, family, and co-workers. Their efforts were cut short when a lone gunman targeted and attacked 11 police officers, killing five. This is a tragedy–both for those who have been impacted by yesterday’s attack and for our democracy." 

These people are at it, they are significantly responsible for what we saw in Dallas and I doubt it will be the last incident now the race fuse wire has been well lit. 

and ps here is the BLM website page page entitled "What We Believe". Interesting reading.

Edited by thplinth

Queer affirming, well that's dodgy as is a good bit more of the content. 

I think the BLM movement might have been a decent idea in theory, but it's been hijacked by racists, lunatics and uneducatedey morons. A black racist is just as bad as a white racist, and there seems to be a lot of them involved in this movement, they really aren't helping their cause. I think the two lunatic women shouting nonsense at a Bernie Sanders speech was posted on here, I doubt anyone watched that and felt empathy towards them, there's ways and means of getting stuff done, some people are way out of sync. 

The yanks need to get away from protecting police officers who are nothing more than legalised killers, prosecutions must start happening, there needs to be a massive change in their operations. 

1 hour ago, thplinth said:

Have people actaully watched the videos of the two latest incidents that are being held up as examples of the police just 'murdering' black people. 

The guy shot in the car...you do not see what happened to cause the shooting. It starts after he is shot so that is quite a leap to assume he was 'executed'. Also the police man who shot him is clearly very distressed at what has just happened. You can hear him shouting "F**K!" over and over all the way through it. They do make mistakes you know. Whatever happened I just don't see it that this guy callously shot a black man without giving a feck. Totally irresponsible to suggest so without clear evidence.

The other incident we have a guy with a fairly substantial criminal record who the day before apparently bought an illegal gun (for self defense) and who within 24hrs of buying it then threatened a homeless man with it who subsequently called the police. The guy is then seen resisting arrest on the video and wrestling on the floor with the two cops with the gun in his pocket. How the feck people can conclude this is "murder" is beyond me. If I had a weapon and resisted arrest in the USA I would be fairly confident of the same fate.

Well all this rush to judgment and fiery rhetoric delivered what they wanted. 

I have seen a few questionable incidents where cops have shot people far too quickly but this notion that they don't care about black people and shoot them willy nilly is a dangerous lie that has incited a serious problem. 

The media are hugely complicit as are politicians including Obama who has ruthlessly played the race card his whole term. The lie goes like this... Blacks account for 13% of the population... Blacks account for 24% of police shootings... therefore the police must be racist. Time and time again this pile of utter horseshit is trotted out by people who know exactly what they are doing. It is incitement pure and simple they are trying to provoke violence against the police and white people in general. It is votes to these whanks. So yeah fukk Black Lives Matter as an organisation.

He shot him FIVE times; once could be seen as reasonable restraint but 5 times suggests intent to kill.