TITP 2016 - Page 3 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

41 minutes ago, Mox said:

You only have to look at the pics that have been doing the rounds of the ridiculously small crowd for LCD Soundsystem to understand that it's a shite festival where the vast majority of attendees wouldn't know good music if it smacked them in the dish.

I repeat. Music snobbery. Music is completely subjective. I think we shall just have to agree to disagree. 

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

15 hours ago, Mox said:

You only have to look at the pics that have been doing the rounds of the ridiculously small crowd for LCD Soundsystem to understand that it's a shite festival where the vast majority of attendees wouldn't know good music if it smacked them in the dish.

Good music in your opinion?

2 hours ago, Squirrelhumper said:

I can handle sh1te music at festival, it's the sheer bellends T attracts these days which is the problem.

And that is perfectly understandable. I dont like getting hassled by idiots either.  My point was about the music. Maybe i didnt make that clear on my numerous posts and 5000 word essays.

TITP 2017 must  be starting soon...?⚡️☔️?

21 hours ago, Mox said:

The crowd for LCD was embarrassing.  It was only slightly bigger than the one for Nick Cave a few years back.  I remember watching the first 10 minutes of Kings of Leon and then heading round to the Other Stage (or whatever its called) and couldn't believe the size of the crowd.  There must have been about 1000 people there to see, for me, one of the biggest draws of the weekend.

25 minutes ago, Angus_Young said:

Slam tent is now a shadow of its former self. 

I think thats the only thing has actually remained consistent, although thats as a result of the fact that Slam pick the acts rather than Ellis.

3 minutes ago, Mox said:

I think thats the only thing has actually remained consistent, although thats as a result of the fact that Slam pick the acts rather than Ellis.

Utter pish last year mate. Sound was awful and all the sides were up. Was like an absolute swamp inside due to it being positioned at the bottom of a long slope. 

Personally thought it started going downhill when they made it smaller and moved it's location at Balado.  

4 minutes ago, Angus_Young said:

Utter pish last year mate. Sound was awful and all the sides were up. Was like an absolute swamp inside due to it being positioned at the bottom of a long slope. 

Personally thought it started going downhill when they made it smaller and moved it's location at Balado.  

I see, I thought you meant the DJ's that were being booked.

7 hours ago, Rory said:

Any sign of the missing bank machine?

Rumour from the campsites is that someone used it as part of their costume & managed to sneak it out. Arguably the worst apparent method I've heard!

Don't think it would have been all that difficult, especially during the night. Seemingly security was a shambles. Couple of official looking polo shirts, high vis vests and a name badge and I'd be surprised if anyone would even question it. 

20 hours ago, TDYER63 said:

And that is perfectly understandable. I dont like getting hassled by idiots either.  My point was about the music. Maybe i didnt make that clear on my numerous posts and 5000 word essays.

TITP 2017 must  be starting soon...?⚡️☔️?

It's the type of music which attracts them though - that's my point!

3 hours ago, Squirrelhumper said:

It's the type of music which attracts them though - that's my point!

Well , I will bow to your knowledge of what music bellends like. I am now a bit too old to be in the know about that.

It must be difficult though for the organisers to try and accomodate all tastes, its not just yobs that like acts such as Calvin Harris etc. Whatever your own personal thoughts are on that music he is hugely popular and there will be a lot of people that like him that are not Neds. 

It would be a shame if it completely deteriorated to a yobfest, Scotland should be able to host a festival that accomodates both popular  acts and the lesser known. There is obviously a decent demand. Whatever happened to Rock Ness? My older daughter who is now 25 went to that when she outgrew TITP but I havent heard about it recently. 

3 hours ago, Squirrelhumper said:

This is also true. 

Had many a erm, memorable night in there. 

It's still the strongest stage at the festival though.

Agreed. 

During the noughties there really were some special weekends in there.  Some incredible performances/atmospheres.

Can always remember a year where in one day Layo & Bushwacka, Orbital, and Green Velvet (live) all played one after the other.  We went outside for a rest and the ing ground was shaking from Marco Corolla and Gaetano Parisio's set. Ritchie Hawtin then finished off. Last track was Dark and Long by Underworld. Dunno why or indeed HOW  I can remember that but a few of us still talk about it as being one of the best 'gigs' we have ever been to. :)

Iirc it was 2002 as that's the year Oasis played on the Saturday. 

Edited by Angus_Young