Return of Player of the Year t-shirt - Page 2 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Return of Player of the Year t-shirt

joecraigfanclub

3 hours ago, WeLuvIrnBru said:

No.....it is not.  Personally I wouldn't buy one, but each to their own.

I meant as a whole...in response to the post that I responded to....

According to some people on here we cannot sing certain songs...cannot wear certain things....etc..etc...just fed up with it.

Even if it makes us a laughing stock?

14 hours ago, ceudmilefailte said:

Even if it makes us a laughing stock?

I don't really think that it does.  I understand that some people think that the this shIrt is pointless and an odd England supporter might find it offensive, and I certainly would not wear it....

If you are embarrassed by what other supporters wear and what is sung...then I think you follow the wrong nation.

I am just fed up of the few telling others what to do on here.

Just to add, I think that there will be less of an interest in this tshirt as there historically was.

The reason being that, in my opinion, over the last 10-15 years there has been a definite shift from anti Englishness to pro Scottishness.  In my view that is a good thing.

I am not sure the reasons why there has been a shift? Maybe that we currently operate at different levels and have done so fir a number if years? Maybe politically driven?  Who knows? But I would much rather concentrate on Scotland rather than England. 

For that reason I would rather wear a Scotland top than a t shirt that pokes fun at England, however, as I said earlier it is not my place to lambast another supporter for choosing to wear one.  Each to their own.

4 hours ago, WeLuvIrnBru said:

Just to add, I think that there will be less of an interest in this tshirt as there historically was.

The reason being that, in my opinion, over the last 10-15 years there has been a definite shift from anti Englishness to pro Scottishness.  In my view that is a good thing.

I am not sure the reasons why there has been a shift? Maybe that we currently operate at different levels and have done so fir a number if years? Maybe politically driven?  Who knows? But I would much rather concentrate on Scotland rather than England. 

To be honest, I'd agree pretty much with all of that.   One thing though is that it's not Anti-English, at least not in a xenophobic or McGlashanesque manner, it has/had - I hope - a bit of humour.  The subtext is a bit of "we're so shite it's unbelievable" self deprecating in that we don't have any players ourselves worthy of the "award".