Angus Robertson - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

He annoyed me when he stood outside Westminster after one of Gideon's budgets and said - 'this budget affects every man, woman and child in Scotland' - er, naw, it made absolutely heehaw difference to me. Not the first time an SNP politician has thought he / she speaks for everyone in Scotland. 

7 minutes ago, Regenmann said:

He annoyed me when he stood outside Westminster after one of Gideon's budgets and said - 'this budget affects every man, woman and child in Scotland' - er, naw, it made absolutely heehaw difference to me. Not the first time an SNP politician has thought he / she speaks for everyone in Scotland. 

Eh? 

1 hour ago, DoonTheSlope said:

Am I the only person who cannot stand this fanny. He's a jumped up wee nyaff. Everytime I see him on the tele he's getting on his high horse about something.

PRRRRRRICK!!!

Anything in particular he said, like recently?

All I have heard from Westminster today is tributes to David Cameron, not any reporting of any activity by Scots MPs on high horses or otherwise

20 minutes ago, Regenmann said:

Of course a budget affects everyone in some way or other! 

:lol::lol: 

Aww, the Unionists are upset at him because he actually asked some serious questions to David Cameron today rather than joining in with the "I want to tell the PM that's he's a bloody good bloke doing a bloody hard job." sentiments that Tory MP's were having :wave: 

7 minutes ago, exile said:

Anything in particular he said, like recently?

All I have heard from Westminster today is tributes to David Cameron, not any reporting of any activity by Scots MPs on high horses or otherwise

He's just a slavering khunt 

5 minutes ago, Ormond said:

Of course a budget affects everyone in some way or other! 

In the very slightest of ways, yes, but I'm struggling to recall a budget in the last ten years (plus) that has made any noticeable difference to me - none of them have 'affected' me. 

44 minutes ago, Regenmann said:

In the very slightest of ways, yes, but I'm struggling to recall a budget in the last ten years (plus) that has made any noticeable difference to me - none of them have 'affected' me. 

Best not to pay any attention to government macroeconomic policy then. 

1 hour ago, Regenmann said:

So none of the tax breaks, interest rates, maybe cuts to local govt, bins emptied less frequent, libraries closing, job losses, school sizes, lack of teachers, availability of college places, changes to housing benefit, welfare to work, streets not cleaned, roads not repaired, NHS changes, 

even if these do not effect you personally, surely it has an impact on family or friends ? Which indirectly may effect you ?

1 hour ago, Regenmann said:

Of course theyhave. You might not specifically notice but they impact on us all.

21 minutes ago, Scotunited said:

So none of the tax breaks, interest rates, maybe cuts to local govt, bins emptied less frequent, libraries closing, job losses, school sizes, lack of teachers, availability of college places, changes to housing benefit, welfare to work, streets not cleaned, roads not repaired, NHS changes, 

even if these do not effect you personally, surely it has an impact on family or friends ? Which indirectly may effect you ?

don't bite - think its over his head ....

Obviously others here writing crap just cos they can.

Angus is without doubt the best politician currently at Westminster and one of Scotland's finest politicians of all time.  

6 minutes ago, buckielugger said:

Obviously others here writing crap just cos they can.

Angus is without doubt the best politician currently at Westminster and one of Scotland's finest politicians of all time.  

It's the last gasps of the Unionists in Scotland

They know it's over

2 hours ago, Regenmann said:

Budgets eh!

Who cares?

The poorest in society.

The disabled.

The unemployed.

The single parents.

The working families.

etc...

:blink:

6 hours ago, Regenmann said:

just speaking on behalf of the constituencies they represent I would suggest. but maybe that concept a little too difficult for you also if you feel no budget affects you in any shape or form.

11 hours ago, Regenmann said:

Hmmm.

The Tory party loves people like you....

13 hours ago, Scotunited said:

You know a lot of the above is under Holyrood or Local Government?

3 minutes ago, Alan said:

You know a lot of the above is under Holyrood or Local Government?

How the budget is spent on a number of these areas are decided on by Holyrood/Local Government.  How the overall budget is distributed is decided by Holyrood.  The size of the overall budget however is largely decided by Westminster and that impacts directly on how Holyrood and Councils act.

But then you knew that already.