Angus Robertson - Page 2 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

3 minutes ago, Alan said:

You know a lot of the above is under Holyrood or Local Government?

Managed by Holyrood

Paid for out of our budget (i.e the part of our money that we get back from Westminster)

4 hours ago, aaid said:

How the budget is spent on a number of these areas are decided on by Holyrood/Local Government.  How the overall budget is distributed is decided by Holyrood.  The size of the overall budget however is largely decided by Westminster and that impacts directly on how Holyrood and Councils act.

But then you knew that already. 

Of course I do. For me Glasgow Council, Holyrood and Westminster all impact me on what to raise and what to spend in my area of Glasgow. Thanks for confirming that. I get some of your English based tax and you get some of mine .

1 hour ago, Alan said:

Of course I do. For me Glasgow Council, Holyrood and Westminster all impact me on what to raise and what to spend in my area of Glasgow. Thanks for confirming that. I get some of your English based tax and you get some of mine .

So if you know all that, then why are you pretending that the Westminster budget is not relevant?

Thats a rhetorical question, I already know the answer. 

Maybe Angus should go to the spin doctors like Gordon Brown did. Moving his hands in an exaggerated fashion when talking and putting on ridiculous false smiles which made him look a complete twat. 

Naw come to think of it just be yourself Angus.

4 hours ago, aaid said:

So if you know all that, then why are you pretending that the Westminster budget is not relevant?

Thats a rhetorical question, I already know the answer. 

I didn't pretend anything. You assumed that through bias. I was highlighting some of the areas are not Westminster. Its a bit more complicated up here with 3 levels of government than what you are used to in South East England.

32 minutes ago, Alan said:

I didn't pretend anything. You assumed that through bias. I was highlighting some of the areas are not Westminster. Its a bit more complicated up here with 3 levels of government than what you are used to in South East England.

Interesting that you know all that and yet just the other day on the Indy Ref2 thread, you were implying that the problems in Govanhill were the fault of the FM.

i think you're the one that must struggle with complexity champ. 

11 hours ago, aaid said:

Interesting that you know all that and yet just the other day on the Indy Ref2 thread, you were implying that the problems in Govanhill were the fault of the FM.

i think you're the one that must struggle with complexity champ. 

Ah the Govanhill defender from South East England. Without taking this off topic as you follow me on the board I would expect "Nicola" would be helping her constituents more with the many problems it has. Her office is 2 mins round corner from Allison St and I'm sure she hasn't walked down there for a long time. She can't sort out her own background with the housing and health crisis there. Always good for a selfie though #

More back to Rt Hon Robertson. Moray came within 100+ votes to Leave so he's playing a dangerous game with his constituents.

21 minutes ago, Alan said:

Ah the Govanhill defender from South East England. Without taking this off topic as you follow me on the board I would expect "Nicola" would be helping her constituents more with the many problems it has. Her office is 2 mins round corner from Allison St and I'm sure she hasn't walked down there for a long time. She can't sort out her own background with the housing and health crisis there. Always good for a selfie though #

More back to Rt Hon Robertson. Moray came within 100+ votes to Leave so he's playing a dangerous game with his constituents.

An inability to process separate threads concurrently and consistently kind of proves my point.

Its very difficult for individual MPs or MSPs to do anything about services that are devolved to local government, even if they are the FM.  They can influence and lobby and understandably Nicola Sturgeon's voice will carry more weight than most but policy and implementation is the responsibility of the council.

My MP has just become PM but I'm not expecting the potholes in my road to be fixed anytime soon, business rates to be reduced so that the boarded up shops in the town centre can be occupied or there to be no need for the food bank to exist.

The most powerful woman in Scotland who says "social justice" like a tourettes sufferer has no in influence on housing and health in her area from a man hundreds of mile away. Not. A. Cult.

On ‎15‎/‎07‎/‎2016 at 2:05 PM, Alan said:

The most powerful woman in Scotland who says "social justice" like a tourettes sufferer has no in influence on housing and health in her area from a man hundreds of mile away. Not. A. Cult.

So Glasgow's deep rooted problems that have barely been addressed by a Labour local government, are the fault of MPs and in particular the FM o her constituency? Jesus, you're becoming unhinged with this obsession.

Tommy Sheppard has thrown his hat in the ring for deputy leader. Wants to build alliances with people across all parties for Indyref2. I  imagine he will be a decent opponent  , a lot of new SNP members will like him.  Could be a case of old guard vs new members. 

On 15/07/2016 at 10:03 AM, aaid said:

My MP has just become PM but I'm not expecting the potholes in my road to be fixed anytime soon, business rates to be reduced so that the boarded up shops in the town centre can be occupied or there to be no need for the food bank to exist.

Bulldoze the town centre I say.

Edited by andymac

Having given my fullsome praise for Angus previously (which still stands), I must now give my support likewise to Tommy Sheppard. Was politically active with Tommy many (many) years ago so will be voting for my old comrade for Deputy Leader. 

Now,  if Mhairi Black stood as well,  my vote might move again. ..