NICE - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Reports of more than 12 dead and multiple shots heard

Being treated as an "attack"

CnWyZLUW8AUFxlx.jpg

CnWyZa7WIAAS4i1.jpg

CnWyZdlWEAAQR7p.jpg

CnWztXPXgAAuDA1.jpg

Edited by Ally Bongo

56 minutes ago, thewelk said:

Or disenfranchised French Arabs who now have an excuse/outlet.

Ah - the old hide the ball routine

Well played

5 minutes ago, Ally Bongo said:

Ah - the old hide the ball routine

Well played

The French are ignoring the ball and bombing Syria.

Their home grown neds (admittedly with clear mental health issues) are now being exploited by the terrorist organisations...is all im saying

2 minutes ago, Brummie Hibs said:

Worrying that that you don't need a gun or to make a bomb to do this - all you need is a driving licence, £50 to hire a truck from Eurocar and a fVcked-up belief.

Yep. I've said similar before - why go to lengths and complexity to bring down an airliner when equally horrific terrorist acts could easily occur in any public space where people congregate. Today's radicals are clearly realising this. What makes it more terrifying is the number of wannabe extremists who will now see this and realise they dont need guns and bombs to become a martyr.

3 minutes ago, Auld_Reekie said:

Absolutely horrific. Drove truck through crowds for over a mile. :(

I've always said we should never let them win by changing plans, but Ill admit to recently questioning going away on holiday in the current climate. The world is a f***ing horrible place just now.

i think "they've" already won tbh

the world is indeed a horrible place at present with so many fractured countries

bob had the right idea tho

Truly horrific stuff. Can't imagine the horror that those caught up in this must have felt as the situation unfolded. 

I was in nice 4 weeks ago today for the Spain vs Turkey match. Walked along the promenade, had a few drinks in the promenade bars and got the bus from the official fan zone (right on the promenade) to the game. It really makes it hit home that all that is stopping me getting caught up in this is luck. 

Nice is a beautiful town and really friendly people. So sad :( 

19 minutes ago, Parklife said:

It really makes it hit home that all that is stopping me getting caught up in this is luck. 

Unfortunately that's one of the realities of life.  When I was a kid I was on holiday on the Isle of Man and very nearly caught up in this.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Summerland_disaster

We were planning on going that evening but as it was raining we went during the day instead.  If it hadn't been raining then maybe I wouldn't be here today, who knows.  

Life goes on though.