NICE - Page 2 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, Cove_Sheep said:

That attitude is disgusting.

Doesn't she realise that by saying that it ruined her shopping trip and that she's lost all interest in the lovely things she bought she is letting the terrorists win?

The terrorists do things like this to ruin our shopping trips and make us disinterested in the lovely things we buy. We need to keep on shopping in the face of terrorism. Buy even more things when you see an attacking jihadi.

Wave that shiny new iPad Mini 4 in their faces.

As they throw Molotov cocktails at us, throw your receipts back at them.

The only way we will defeat Salafist death cults is through continued ignorant consumerism.

2 minutes ago, Mox said:

I presume we'll be starting a thread each time theres a terrorist attack in Iraq, Syria etc?

Imagine people finding it easier to relate to bad things happening in Western Europe. What a shower of bastards.

I can kind of understand the woman thinking that, but to actually say it out loud, on the TV.

:lol:

As others have said, it's a worrying trend that terrorists are finding much easier ways of killing lots of people.

This could happen anywhere, with minimal planning.

18 minutes ago, deecie said:

Imagine people finding it easier to relate to bad things happening in Western Europe. What a shower of bastards.

Selective grief based on the colour of peoples skin and their nationality. Bastards indeed.

6 minutes ago, Mox said:

Selective grief based on the colour of peoples skin and their nationality. Bastards indeed.

I agree. Our media only tend to report on attacks in Europe and people only seem to give a shit when it is in Europe. 

The horrific attack in Baghdad less than 2 weeks ago was, while reported, little more than a passing story for a day or so. While i never seen one person on social media giving a shit about it. An attack that killed 300 people.  

4 minutes ago, Mox said:

I am not 'trying' anything. It's selective grief, you know it and I know it and by ignoring it you're only adding to the problem. 

It's really not. We get more news that we can relate to.

Its why local news exists. I'm neither creating or adding to any problem.

There's much greater cultural difference between Iraq and the U.K. than France and the UK, so it is easier to relate to life and people in France. It's also quite a bit closer to home.

(there's really very little difference between life in Lanarkshire and the south of France.... :P )

29 minutes ago, sbcmfc said:

There's much greater cultural difference between Iraq and the U.K. than France and the UK, so it is easier to relate to life and people in France.

I don't understand this logic tbh. 

I empathise with folk who get murdered by terrorists equally, regardless of their location, ethnicity, language, culture, etc. 

2 minutes ago, Parklife said:

I don't understand this logic tbh. 

I empathise with folk who get murdered by terrorists equally, regardless of their location, ethnicity, language, culture, etc. 

You were there a couple of weeks ago, how many times have you been to Baghdad or Syria?

Surely it's fairly common to feel more of a connection or interest in places you are familiar with.

People being killed is sad, regardless of where or who they are.

Just now, sbcmfc said:

Surely it's fairly common to feel more of a connection or interest in places you are familiar with.

Are all the grief junkies on facebook and twitter familiar with Nice? I doubt any of them have ever been there. 

People care more about white Europeans than they do about brown muslims in the middle east.  

1 minute ago, Parklife said:

Are all the grief junkies on facebook and twitter familiar with Nice? I doubt any of them have ever been there. 

People care more about white Europeans than they do about brown muslims in the middle east.  

Both points are probably true in most cases.

1 minute ago, Parklife said:

there is plenty of folk the world over getting killed over on a daily basis  -  Nigeria, kenya, Somalia, Capt Town

Folk identify with people they are familiar with - train crash in Italy, attack in paris, attack in Nice - I was on the Promenade De Anglias in 97 when we went to the Monaco game (Estonia) 

I dont find it unusual - although i find it unsual folk in Africa grieving over europeans, but dont grieve about Nigeira, Somali etc etc in their own region au

Thank Allah for our beloved new Prime Ministeress Theresa May for stepping up to the plate and telling us that we're going to "re-double our efforts to defeat terrorism" and how "the UK stands shoulder to shoulder with France".

We need more cliches at times like these. 

And we should all give thanks that it was only a small number of Britons involved in this attack that people will stop giving a shit about within 3-4 days once something else happens like a celebrity death or some hens getting loose on a motorway.

I feel this maybe not the plan this guy intended given the amount of weapons he had in the truck but once the cops tried to stop him he took off and once he got going he knew there was no stopping him. He was not known to Interpol as a possible terrorist but was known as a local hoodlum..an opertunist result rather than get coughs with all the weapons. 

If they do find he is connected to some extremist faction then I withdraw my thoughts.

1 hour ago, The White Ceelo said:

I feel this maybe not the plan this guy intended given the amount of weapons he had in the truck but once the cops tried to stop him he took off and once he got going he knew there was no stopping him. He was not known to Interpol as a possible terrorist but was known as a local hoodlum..an opertunist result rather than get coughs with all the weapons. 

If they do find he is connected to some extremist faction then I withdraw my thoughts.

Most of these lonewolf attacks seem to be carried out by people who have a history of petty criminality. The truth is they are more than likely very vulnerable individuals who having nothing to live for anymore and are swayed by videos of ISIS going tonto in Syria and encouraging folk to carry out these attacks, become martyrs and live it up in Paradise.

The likelihood that they have had any direct contact with some ISIS head honcho is pretty slim, but thats exactly what ISIS want. They want folk to carry out attacks in their name on their tod with little way for the authorities to cotton on to them as there is minimal contact wey dodgy terrorist types. 

Sadly the only way this will end will be an increase in support for the far right in France along with other similar parties around Europe.

If the likes of Le Pen or others manage to gain real power anywhere in Europe then you can only imagine the persecution that Muslims will face.

Is it worthwhile joining facebook et al just so as I can by wee avatar to something that shows how much grief I have pouring from me online.

What about twatter? Worth joining so I can 'hashtag' my psuedo grief?

Obviously this online bandwagon grief would only extend to European countries cause I might have been to them on holiday and their flags or national colours are much easier to find.

Or America.

#impendingvigil.

Edited by neil r