League Cup 2016/17 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

League Cup 2016/17

• Replies 417
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

22 minutes ago, jock strap said:

Any game stats and info ? 

It was all United but they couldn't score.  Obadeyi looked good as did Johnson when he came on.  Arbroath equalised in stoppage time with a handball after Bell had made a cnut of coming for a cross. 

Look very dodgy through the middle at the back, and need another striker.  Not overly concerned, but not terribly exciting either. 

Hoping for a good performance from the 'well this afternoon, followed by some gentle goading of the opposition fans.

Can't be too optimistic though given we don't appear to have a midfielder available and have been poor in friendlies.

Rangers prep seems to have been pretty low key?

My Motherwell supporting wife and I will be watching the game together in Committee Rooms No. 9 in Glasgow, which should be interesting.

Hard to call the game with us having only played one friendly in the US against the might of Charleston Battery and we are therefore perhaps not taking the tournament as seriously as we should. Barton is still unavailable because he's been faffing around at the Euros and playing golf rather than training, for some reason, but Kranjcar should play at some point.

56 minutes ago, thewolf_1980 said:

My Motherwell supporting wife and I will be watching the game together in Committee Rooms No. 9 in Glasgow, which should be interesting.

Hard to call the game with us having only played one friendly in the US against the might of Charleston Battery and we are therefore perhaps not taking the tournament as seriously as we should. Barton is still unavailable because he's been faffing around at the Euros and playing golf rather than training, for some reason, but Kranjcar should play at some point.

Kind of interested to see Kranjcar. I seen him a couple of times at QPR when I lived down there and he was a fat b astard who just couldn't be arsed but clearly still had a little bit of talent. I have a sneaky suspicion it will be the same here and he will be back in Croatia come January.

37 minutes ago, OLAS said:

Sevco are pish.   Looking the same team that played at Fir Park just over a year ago. 

I can assure you, that statement is miles and miles and miles away from being correct. And miles.

Curiously, none of our new signings are playing and, unsurprisingly, the pattern of last season where we have the majority of possession but concede the best chances remains. I can only assume (and hope...) that Warburton is resting the other centre-halves for more important games... :unsure:

3 hours ago, Mox said:

Kind of interested to see Kranjcar. I seen him a couple of times at QPR when I lived down there and he was a fat b astard who just couldn't be arsed but clearly still had a little bit of talent. I have a sneaky suspicion it will be the same here and he will be back in Croatia come January.

On now. Does look like he is carrying a bit. 

Only seen it since half time. Rangers have pretty much controlled the game. Two great chances spurned that would have killed it. 

Really do look like we can concede from the easiest of situations though. 

5 minutes ago, Angus_Young said:

On now. Does look like he is carrying a bit. 

Only seen it since half time. Rangers have pretty much controlled the game. Two great chances spurned that would have killed it. 

Really do look like we can concede from the easiest of situations though. 

we have dominated for over an hour. Need to take our chances.McKays miss the worst.

Just now, EddardStark said:

we have dominated for over an hour. Need to take our chances.McKays miss the worst.

Defenitely. Easily the better team from what I've seen however, Motherwell's two attacks this half have been simple crosses into the box, and they probably should have scored with both.