League Cup 2016/17 - Page 3 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

League Cup 2016/17

Accies will finish bottom that's a fact.

Killie didn't look great yesterday, thought Clyde were the better side but I understand it's the first game that most killie players have played together. They're bound to improve but can definitely see them finish in the bottom 3 or 4 this season!

• Replies 417
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

50 minutes ago, Angus_Young said:

The only way you could have made this statement more infuriating would be to add 'but they will give 110%', after it. 

:) and added "I said the same last year"

On 16 July 2016 at 8:28 PM, Fermer said:

Cheers mate.  Why have Motherwell got a poor support?  U would think I should know as I did a market research study in 1991 after they had won the cup.  John Swinburn the Commercial Manager came to us.  30,000 at cup final then first home game after winning it had around 5000.  I got Marketing students to do a whole 6 months research study and still never came to a conclusion!!  And I worked next door to fir park for 23 years.  Probably the same old story though.  Rangers and celtic buses leaving by the drove.

Our core support is about 3-4,000.

I'm doubt old firm drain is so much a factor now as it was in the past. Chelsea, man city or Barcelona (or sky sports) are more the competition nowadays, as well as general apathy.

Motherwell (and I'm sure most other clubs) aren't losing fans to rival clubs, they're finding something else to do (or getting their football fix on tv, and once they get out the habit, they're not coming back, barring a cup final cameo.

All sorts of reasons, price, old firm domination, quality of football, quality of "match day experience", Scottish weather and conditions, more options nowadays, different work patterns, changes in culture...

Specifically on yesterday, we actually get slightly less fans through the gates for Old Firm visits than for "normal" games. Several reasons, I suspect KO time and live TV are biggies, as 95% of old firm visits to fir park are live on tv at lunchtime (yesterday being a rare exception), there is a scumbag element to both Rangers and Celtic supports that folk cite as a reason for not attending these games, or not taking kids. (Can't see me taking my son for a good few years.) our piss poor record against Rangers probably doesn't help either.

1 hour ago, Bonnie Clyde said:

So only about a week before the games are played then.

Hopefully this new format is just a one season wonder. Knock outs have ruined the European cup and UEFA cup imo. They were never going to improve the Scottish league cup.

I don't know.

I quite enjoyed Saturday. Almost 1,000 Killie fans at Clyde on saturday in peak holiday period. Be lucky if there was a few hundred if it was a pre season friendly. Def better than run of the mill pre season games. 

League Cup wasn't well attended as it was, i reckon by having localised games and some at weekends it'll help the crowds a wee bit.

In a thankfully now relatively rare example of my club's organisational shiteyness, they have decided not to open the Club Deck for our game tomorrow, which isn't uncommon, but I haven't received my alternative paper ticket yet, rather than the norm of accessing the stadium myself via my season ticket smart card. They have, of course, taken the cash from my account. The post arrives after I leave for work and I'm going straight from work to the game tomorrow evening and I live 25 miles away. They also don't reprint tickets after they're posted. They also don't, seemingly, respond to emails, Facebook posts or tweets, nor did they answer the phone today, presumably because of the rubbish excuse that it's Glasgow Fair Monday.

I intend to have a good old rant on the phone to them tomorrow if they don't sort it.

Edited by thewolf_1980

8 hours ago, thewolf_1980 said:

In a thankfully now relatively rare example of my club's organisational shiteyness, they have decided not to open the Club Deck for our game tomorrow, which isn't uncommon, but I haven't received my alternative paper ticket yet, rather than the norm of accessing the stadium myself via my season ticket smart card. They have, of course, taken the cash from my account. The post arrives after I leave for work and I'm going straight from work to the game tomorrow evening and I live 25 miles away. They also don't reprint tickets after they're posted. They also don't, seemingly, respond to emails, Facebook posts or tweets, nor did they answer the phone today, presumably because of the rubbish excuse that it's Glasgow Fair Monday.

I intend to have a good old rant on the phone to them tomorrow if they don't sort it.

Are you sure they didn't just activate your smart card for your seat tonight? It would make sense rather than having to send out paper tickets to everyone.

Edited by theweestevie

4 minutes ago, theweestevie said:

I am assuming that in the email informing season ticket holders who are moving seats they would inform them of the seat number, like they do when you ask to move seat for a game.

No they don't confirm revised seat numbers in the email unfortunately - just that I'm being relocated to the Main Stand. Also, my smartcard only activates the turnstyles that access the Club Deck, so I would get a red light if I tried to use it to get into the Main Stand. I've tried to phone them 3 times so far this morning and been cut off each time and I don't really have time to leave work and go to the ticket office, which is only 10 minutes away but the queues are apparently quite long today.

On the up side, a guy from work has offered me a free ticket for hospitality so at least I'll still be going (although, sadly, I'll be driving) but that doesn't excuse the f*ck up from the club.

44 minutes ago, thewolf_1980 said:

No they don't confirm revised seat numbers in the email unfortunately - just that I'm being relocated to the Main Stand. Also, my smartcard only activates the turnstyles that access the Club Deck, so I would get a red light if I tried to use it to get into the Main Stand. I've tried to phone them 3 times so far this morning and been cut off each time and I don't really have time to leave work and go to the ticket office, which is only 10 minutes away but the queues are apparently quite long today.

On the up side, a guy from work has offered me a free ticket for hospitality so at least I'll still be going (although, sadly, I'll be driving) but that doesn't excuse the f*ck up from the club.

They can change that if they wanted to (though it looks like they don't do that for relocating Club Deck season ticket holders. I have moved seats a few times if I am purchasing additional tickets and I have been able to get into different stands with my smart card.

It is ridiculous that they haven't sent out the paper tickets for relocated season ticket holders as they announced weeks ago that they wouldn't be opening the club deck for these games.

8 hours ago, sbcmfc said:

Just stand in the stairwell next to the opposition fans, that's what they did at fir park.

:P

Probably just being considerate saving the Motherwell Boyzone from having to run across the pitch.

I mean look at that wee Boi that tried to throw the ball to Lee Wallace - he couldn't even reach the pitch. :P