League Cup 2016/17 - Page 14 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

League Cup 2016/17

• Replies 417
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dung from Motherwell.

Showed a glimour of hope for about 30 seconds after halftime, then back to getting over run in the middle of the park.

What a racket from the standing section at parkhead, with that section full, it will be pretty impressive. Although there's always the danger that the nugget element will get it shut down before Christmas.

Guest BlueGaz
1 hour ago, Rossy said:

Why ?

Listening to the radio on the way home last night the 2 of them played exceptionally well, so maybe from a football point of view it could be the tie of the round.  Fairly easy draws for St J, Celtic and Rangers, although you never know.  ;)

4 hours ago, Ormond said:

Just saw the supposed foul on Walker for the Hearts penalty against us. What the hell is the game coming to when that's a penalty? What a lightweight little toley. Twice in a week from him. Pathetic.

Shhhh, Robbie Neilson says you're not meant to comment on people diving, just accept it. He will be very disappointed in you if he reads this.

9 minutes ago, Squirrelhumper said:

Sinclair will tear that league apart

He really won't. He had two good seasons at Swansea about 5 years ago and has barely kicked a football since. I'm a bit bemused by the chugfest over him. He's in the last chance saloon of his career and is only at Celtic because no one in the EPL or top end of the Championship wanted him. 

I think he'll be a decent signing but he's nowhere near the level of Roberts and very much has it all to prove. 

2 minutes ago, Parklife said:

He really won't. He had two good seasons at Swansea about 5 years ago and has barely kicked a football since. I'm a bit bemused by the chugfest over him. He's in the last chance saloon of his career and is only at Celtic because no one in the EPL or top end of the Championship wanted him. 

I think he'll be a decent signing but he's nowhere near the level of Roberts and very much has it all to prove. 

I think your  "has it all to prove"  comment is exactly the type of incentive he needs to push on, he is 27 now and if its not now its never.

The way to gauge him is when he has to step up from scottish league football to European football.

Just now, wellyman said:

The way to gauge him is when he has to step up from Scottish league football to European football.

I'd wait until he actually does something in Scotland first. His goal on Sunday glossed over a shocking performance where he seemed to lose possession on every occasion he had the ball.