League Cup 2016/17 - Page 15 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

League Cup 2016/17

2 minutes ago, Parklife said:

I'd wait until he actually does something in Scotland first. His goal on Sunday glossed over a shocking performance where he seemed to lose possession on every occasion he had the ball. 

I do not read to much into that performance, he only signed 12 hours earlier, not played or trained with his new team and had 30 minutes on the park.

Will be interested to see where he is at when it comes to October, if he has it in him then he should have proved him self by then.

• Replies 417
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

21 minutes ago, Parklife said:

I'd wait until he actually does something in Scotland first. His goal on Sunday glossed over a shocking performance where he seemed to lose possession on every occasion he had the ball. 

He was much sharper last night, a good goal, won a penalty, some smart passes and runs, MOTM. As Wellyman says, lets wait a few months but if he continues to perform like that he will have a good season. 

6 hours ago, Ormond said:

Just saw the supposed foul on Walker for the Hearts penalty against us. What the hell is the game coming to when that's a penalty? What a lightweight little toley. Twice in a week from him. Pathetic.

Eh?? it was Paterson that was fouled for the penalty

7 hours ago, Ormond said:

Just saw the supposed foul on Walker for the Hearts penalty against us. What the hell is the game coming to when that's a penalty? What a lightweight little toley. Twice in a week from him. Pathetic.

DP

Edited by dipped flake

2 hours ago, Dalgety Bay TA said:

Shhhh, Robbie Neilson says you're not meant to comment on people diving, just accept it. He will be very disappointed in you if he reads this.

if Ormond can't tell the difference between Paterson (who was fouled for the penalty) and Walker, then I wouldn't put much faith in his eyesight to say it was a dive  

59 minutes ago, Dalgety Bay TA said:

He was much sharper last night, a good goal, won a penalty, some smart passes and runs, MOTM. As Wellyman says, lets wait a few months but if he continues to perform like that he will have a good season. 

:ok:

Was on the soft side. Sort you'll shout for all day, but don't often get.

Sinclair was impressive last night, and can imagine has room for improvement.

Motherwell did make it easy mind you, with our complete lack of... anything really. 

11 hours ago, wembley67lisbon said:
6 minutes ago, sbcmfc said:

:ok:

Was on the soft side. Sort you'll shout for all day, but don't often get.

Sinclair was impressive last night, and can imagine has room for improvement.

Motherwell did make it easy mind you, with our complete lack of... anything really. 

I thought Johnson looked good, u will do well to keep hold of him.

It will be interesting to see if Johnson maintains his current form through September October November if we do manage to hang on to him.

If he does he'll be away in January I'd expect.

He looks like the difference between top 6 and a relegation battle.

If we lose Johnson I hope we replace Pearson as that's an area we are really lacking. 

11 minutes ago, sbcmfc said:

It will be interesting to see if Johnson maintains his current form through September October November if we do manage to hang on to him.

If he does he'll be away in January I'd expect.

He looks like the difference between top 6 and a relegation battle.

If we lose Johnson I hope we replace Pearson as that's an area we are really lacking. 

Him and your 'keeper, who probably kept it in single figures. On the whole you were outplayed but the only reason you didn't score two or three goals yourselves was down to utterly woeful finishing, rather than Celtic defending really well. 

As for Sinclair,  I immediately thought it was a very good signing for the Tims. I would agree he has it all to prove, given how his career faltered but when you consider some of the dross we have seen from Celtic in the last couple of seasons, he will improve them imo. Certainly, he deserved motm Last night. 

2 hours ago, Squirrelhumper said:

Sinclair will tear that league apart, especially with Roberts on the other wing.

Totally agree with this, those 2 providing balls into Griffiths and Dembele once they click could be alot teams in for a drubbing this season

3 hours ago, dipped flake said:

if Ormond can't tell the difference between Paterson (who was fouled for the penalty) and Walker, then I wouldn't put much faith in his eyesight to say it was a dive  

It must be Neilson's new strategy. Last year it was to kick anything that moved. This year it must be to drop like you've been shot at the faintest touch.

3 hours ago, dipped flake said:

Eh?? it was Paterson that was fouled for the penalty

The clip on Youtube that was doing the rounds last night said Walker foul. My apologies if you have two cheats instead of only one.

Edited by Ormond

4 hours ago, Parklife said:

He really won't. He had two good seasons at Swansea about 5 years ago and has barely kicked a football since. I'm a bit bemused by the chugfest over him. He's in the last chance saloon of his career and is only at Celtic because no one in the EPL or top end of the Championship wanted him. 

I think he'll be a decent signing but he's nowhere near the level of Roberts and very much has it all to prove. 

Bookmarked.

Thought it was a penalty at the time, not so sure looking at that (very poor quality) clip. The sort that you shout for if it's your team, feel hard done by if the opposition get it. One thing it isn't is a dive. 

For the second game running we lost a goal when we looked on top. Lucky to be ahead at half-time, better team for much of the second. Not much between the teams. Great goal by Swanson.

Never a penalty in a million years.

The Saints guy has to be somewhere, he can't just disappear. In fact, he's standing still.

Paterson kicks the ball past him and runs into him, then throws himself to the ground. Another joke decision goes Hearts' way.

1 hour ago, Ormond said:

Here's a clearer angle. Goal of the season stuff already.

was it last season Swanson scored a peach against Celtic? Levein called him the most talented individual he has worked with and think he got called into a couple of Levein's Scotland squads. As I quite like Swanson I will leave others to add any quip they see fit........