League Cup 2016/17 - Page 4 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

League Cup 2016/17

• Replies 417
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

16 minutes ago, OLAS said:

Is The Rangers game on the telly?

Radio Scotland don't appear to have anyone covering the game at Ibrox, which is odd/refreshing.  

I don't think BBC are sending reporters to Ibrox.

Think Rangers banned their head reporter for saying bad things about them, BBC said if he's not allowed, we're not sending anybody...

(that's a shortened version of events.)

Just now, adamntg said:

A blip, I'm sure.

Typically they also don't have anyone at the games which have gone to penalties. 

Chic Dung amazingly at the St.Mirren game rather than Ibrox. 

Just now, sbcmfc said:

I don't think BBC are sending reporters to Ibrox.

Think Rangers banned their head reporter for saying bad things about them, BBC said if he's not allowed, we're not sending anybody...

(that's a shortened version of events.)

Ah, cheers!   Don't really keep up with diddy teams' going-ons. ;)

Rangers played quite nicely tonight and it was a cracking evening to watch football. A tad profligate at times but we played some nice stuff. Very impressed with the boy Windass - keen to take players on and run with the ball - and good to see an obviously unfit Barton make his debut. First sightings for Scotland international legend Matt Gilks, Hodson at right-back and Hill at centre-half too. Everyone played well, albeit against a limited Annan side.

Edited by thewolf_1980

10 hours ago, thewolf_1980 said:

Rangers played quite nicely tonight and it was a cracking evening to watch football. A tad profligate at times but we played some nice stuff. Very impressed with the boy Windass - keen to take players on and run with the ball - and good to see an obviously unfit Barton make his debut. First sightings for Scotland international legend Matt Gilks, Hodson at right-back and Hill at centre-half too. Everyone played well, albeit against a limited Annan side.

Aye agreed. Slightly disappointed not to score more but the Annan 'keeper certainly played his part in that. 

Agree about Windass, early signs are promising and Kranjcar looks a very good footballer, although certainly needs to get fitter. 

Looking at Rangers from the outside, they appeared to have a lot of confidence after they went 1 up. Perhaps too much? Given Motherwell were creating chances on each of the rare occasions we got forward, Rangers seemed content to try and score a fancy, rather than finish us off.

That lack of ruthless streak will cost them points.

11 minutes ago, sbcmfc said:

Looking at Rangers from the outside, they appeared to have a lot of confidence after they went 1 up. Perhaps too much? Given Motherwell were creating chances on each of the rare occasions we got forward, Rangers seemed content to try and score a fancy, rather than finish us off.

That was exactly what happened last season.  We seemed to try and pass the ball in to the net as opposed to shooting on several occasions.  I'd be intrigued to see the proportion of goals we scored from outside the box last season.

6 hours ago, Angus_Young said:

Aye agreed. Slightly disappointed not to score more but the Annan 'keeper certainly played his part in that. 

Agree about Windass, early signs are promising and Kranjcar looks a very good footballer, although certainly needs to get fitter. 

I enjoyed the game last night although we did seem to lack urgency for sections of the game. We could and probably should have scored more and the Annan keeper had 3 or 4 really good stops with several others you'd expect a good keeper to make.

Gilks had one save to make which even I'd have managed. We dominated possession massively.

The defence was never threatened so you couldn't see how bad it was/wasn't. 

6 hours ago, sbcmfc said:

I know what you mean. There were points last night where they looked like they wanted to walk it in.

Rangers were however obviously not playing at full speed.

14 minutes ago, Angus_Young said:

Anyone see the intro to bt sports tonight? Cringeworthy. 

New signing Dodoo on the bench. Hill and Windass start. 

I work with the Assistant at East Stirling. He's having to rush to Nightshift right after the game. :)

It was cringeworthy last week too. Didn't see tonight's.