Turkey - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

6 minutes ago, Mee said:

news reports are incredible. Not sure why the jets are whizzing over at low altitude tbh

Incredible is the right word. Seen a video of a helicopter firing on a building in Ankara. Yer man Erdogan is a lion ball as well, can't imagine he will roll over and accept this.

1 minute ago, Mox said:

Incredible is the right word. Seen a video of a helicopter firing on a building in Ankara. Yer man Erdogan is a lion ball as well, can't imagine he will roll over and accept this.

Per Twitter he is on his way to the airport and martial law has been declared

TRT1 anchor says TV scripts approved by military who took over newsroom, she just referred to #Erdogan as traitor

Turkish TV statement says there's marital law and a curfew in place. Promises to punish those who led the country astray.

Alex Andreou Retweeted İbrahim Melih Gökçek

Mayor of Ankara calls to people to fight back. "EVERYONE TO THE STREET"

Edited by Ally Bongo

10 minutes ago, Ally Bongo said:

TRT1 anchor says TV scripts approved by military who took over newsroom, she just referred to #Erdogan as traitor

Turkish TV statement says there's marital law and a curfew in place. Promises to punish those who led the country astray.

Alex Andreou Retweeted İbrahim Melih Gökçek

Mayor of Ankara calls to people to fight back. "EVERYONE TO THE STREET"

interesting, I made the mistake of watching that newfangled television contraption which seems to have moved the bbc hq (ghoulishly?) to nice, and almost not advanced beyond your original post nearly an hour later

1 minute ago, DaveyDenoon said:

I'm in turkey right now, everything seems normal in the resorts (well Icmeler & Marmaris anyway) so we'll see what if anything develops.

The world really is doing its best to self destruct though ??

Get yourself on sky and tell them that you're not enjoying the all inclusive beer as much now.

8 minutes ago, thewelk said:

Get yourself on sky and tell them that you're not enjoying the all inclusive beer as much now.

Ouch!

Just back from a shopping trip in Marmaris. Totally ruined for me now and I can't enjoy the stuff we bought.

If only the beer was all inclusive! I'm paying nearly £2 a pint!!!

Please God let this be true. Fukk Erdogan, an absolute nutter with a hand in much of the crazy shit we are seeing in europe and the ME right now. Crooked horrible khunt. They need to go after his IS oil dealing family as well. Looks like everyone has got sick of this piece of shit. Finally.

Edited by thplinth

France 24: Chief of Staff of the Turkish army is dead #Turkey

BREAKING Helicopters shoot two missiles at state TV TRT HQ http://ift.tt/29V4vsA

Edited by Ally Bongo

13 minutes ago, thplinth said:

Please God let this be true. Fukk Erdogan, an absolute nutter with a hand in much of the crazy shit we are seeing in europe and the ME right now. Crooked horrible khunt. They need to go after his IS oil dealing family as well. Looks like everyone has got sick of this piece of shit. Finally.

He's a loon ball aye. Surely the military would not have attempted this coup without consent from US/Britain/ France etc?

Senior US military source tells NBC News that Erdogan, refused landing rights in Istanbul, is reported to be seeking asylum in Germany.

MSNBC: Erdogan seeking asylum in Germany-his plane is requesting landing rights. #Turkey

MSNBC: Germany denied permission to land. #Turkey