Pokemon GO - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

The servers can't cope with the amount of people trying to play the game. Since it's UK release it's been impossible to play it properly. Continual crashing and servers going down has made it a joyless experience. 

A shame because it was pretty fun initially. 

I was in London at the weekend.

You can't move for idiots walking around staring at their mobile phones trying to catch Pikachu as a bus on Oxford Street misses them by 3 inches.

Only a matter of time until there's a Pokédeath.

Pokemon has been a massive part of my life since my daughter was born.  I play the game, I love it, I'm not ashamed.  If you don't like it walk on.   Wish people got so passionate about all the shit in this world as they are about slagging people off for playing a game.

Just glad I'm too old for the latest craze. Seems totally weird but if the kids want to have another reason to stop interacting with the real world who am I to say they are wrong with the state the world is in at the moment. 

1 hour ago, Mindimoo said:

Pokemon has been a massive part of my life since my daughter was born.  I play the game, I love it, I'm not ashamed.  If you don't like it walk on.   Wish people got so passionate about all the shit in this world as they are about slagging people off for playing a game.

You and I were made for each other :wub:

52 minutes ago, phart said:

you need your camera on to capture pokemon, so turning it off you can't capture pokemon. which begs the question what are you playing it for if you can't catch pokemon.

You don't matey.  You do need GPS and a data connection so there could be an argument made for tracking.  But the camera isn't a requirement for any aspect of the game.

1 hour ago, Rossy said:

I was in London at the weekend.

You can't move for idiots walking around staring at their mobile phones trying to catch Pikachu as a bus on Oxford Street misses them by 3 inches.

Only a matter of time until there's a Pokédeath.

Two guys fell off a fifty foot cliff already ? didnt die though.

I was never a pokemon fan but the game is kinda funny, not addicted to it or anything but when in the work van we usually have it on, try and catch them when stopped in trafdic etc.

Google have been tracking you for years. Google location history (http://www.google.com/maps/timeline) is fascinating. Quite funny to remember all the places ive been. Especially those slightly more beerish evenings where you cant remember the name of the bar you were in...or where you were..

2 hours ago, Scunnered said:

You and I were made for each other :wub:

You don't matey.  You do need GPS and a data connection so there could be an argument made for tracking.  But the camera isn't a requirement for any aspect of the game.

I know :wub::lol: 

1 hour ago, thewelk said:

Google have been tracking you for years. Google location history (http://www.google.com/maps/timeline) is fascinating. Quite funny to remember all the places ive been. Especially those slightly more beerish evenings where you cant remember the name of the bar you were in...or where you were..

Virtually everything we do now is tracked, using our loyalty cards etc.  I'm beyond caring now :lol: