Rio 2016 - Page 5 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

• Replies 448
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The UK Women's team pursuit just broke the world record - again - in the velodrome.  They've dominated that event for the last 8 years or so and don't get anything near the credit and recognition they deserve.

6 minutes ago, fringo said:

I was wondering that too ?

Trying to think if that happened first time at Commonwealth games 2 years ago ?

It was the Commonwealth Games.  They found that since they were introduced that head injuries had actually increased. 

12 hours ago, Toepoke said:

It's a brand new coat of arms for Team GB apparently...

http://amateurheralds.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=1090&sid=5c74c8e0182749021bdf85d18f846d7

Looks absolutely howling on the tennis shirts anyway.

So basically they have used the UK coat of arms made some changes that are hardly noticeable and then thought let's remove the unicorn and make it another lion. When seen in mono colour the small details don't get noticed but it stands out the change from unicorn to lion

On 10 August 2016 at 8:21 PM, fishcumnock said:

2 Scots Bennett & Donaldson ?

2 Welsh

8 English 

Bennett fae Cumnock doing well so far.

Pretty accurate reflection of GBs constituent parts by population.

The last Lions tour still rankles. Richie Gray coming on with 20 minutes to go in the third test. Was the first (and only) test Scot. That said IIRC the starting 15 in one of the tests had 10 Welshmen!

J

15 hours ago, Toepoke said:

It's a brand new coat of arms for Team GB apparently...

http://amateurheralds.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=1090&sid=5c74c8e0182749021bdf85d18f846d7

Looks absolutely howling on the tennis shirts anyway.

WTF have they done with the Unicorn?!?

No need to remove the Unicorn and replace it with another English Lion!

its annoying me more than it should.

J

5 hours ago, Bristolhibby said:

WTF have they done with the Unicorn?!?

No need to remove the Unicorn and replace it with another English Lion!

its annoying me more than it should.

It's constant references to Team GB that's doing my head in.  Surely it's team UK which doesn't roll quite so easily off the tongue but recognises the fact that Northern Ireland is also included.

Surely i cant be the only one that is totally fvcked off with the whole thing due to the BBC 24/7 coverage overkill ?

You would think that the Union is under threat

Oh wait ..................

2 hours ago, Hertsscot said:

It's constant references to Team GB that's doing my head in.  Surely it's team UK which doesn't roll quite so easily off the tongue but recognises the fact that Northern Ireland is also included.

It's been a bone of contention with Northern Ireland for a while,  given that the full name of the team is Great Britain and Northen Ireland...

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Team_GB

Given the number of proud Brits that live there you have to say that's a bit of a slur.

6 hours ago, Ally Bongo said:

Surely i cant be the only one that is totally fvcked off with the whole thing due to the BBC 24/7 coverage overkill ?

With the honourable exceptions for Mark Chapman (excellent presenter) , Chris Boardman (excellent summariser) and Andrew Cotter (excellent commentator) , the BBC have employed their usual gang of pundits and presenters with no personality or uttering inane drivel or unheard of bints screeching away (woman covering the rugby sevens last night for 5 live was insufferable, combined with the the dreadful gloating and triumphalism when "Team GB" win - swimming has been exxcellent to watch but ffs Helen Skelton and Rebecca Adlington are fooking dreadful. 

Start of athletics today and even worse with Gabby Logan, Denise Lewis and Colin Jackson - my . And thats before Paula Radcliffe and Brendan Foster get near the microphone. How ofteen can TV companies get the horrendous Clare Balding on screen as well.

BBC commentator almost spunked himself when some Taunton Farmer got a bronze in the double trap shooting something or other.

Complete unionist wankfest.

Was brilliant watching Fiji trounce "Team GB" at rugby sevens.

6 hours ago, Ally Bongo said:

it's more that this is the only sporting event they still have the live rights to

13 hours ago, phart said:

Lance Armstrong tweeting out "luigi" was funny though.

Haha, brilliant.

I really don't know how to take Armstrong. I've watched The Armstrong Lie and listened to him on Joe Rogan's podcast for 3hrs. Of course he cheat d and was rightly punished/ostracised, but there was something about him in his interviews that made him listen for the whole hog - he's intelligent, quick-witted, funny and even has a bit of humility - well did on the podcast episode regading the doping, but I'm still tore that he cheated to such an extent and is most likely a sociopath who walked over pal's and lied.

Hmmmm.

4 hours ago, irnbruman said:

With the honourable exceptions for Mark Chapman (excellent presenter) , Chris Boardman (excellent summariser) and Andrew Cotter (excellent commentator) , the BBC have employed their usual gang of pundits and presenters with no personality or uttering inane drivel or unheard of bints screeching away (woman covering the rugby sevens last night for 5 live was insufferable, combined with the the dreadful gloating and triumphalism when "Team GB" win - swimming has been exxcellent to watch but ffs Helen Skelton and Rebecca Adlington are fooking dreadful. 

Start of athletics today and even worse with Gabby Logan, Denise Lewis and Colin Jackson - my . And thats before Paula Radcliffe and Brendan Foster get near the microphone. How ofteen can TV companies get the horrendous Clare Balding on screen as well.

BBC commentator almost spunked himself when some Taunton Farmer got a bronze in the double trap shooting something or other.

Complete unionist wankfest.

Was brilliant watching Fiji trounce "Team GB" at rugby sevens.

the bbc have had it their own way for decades and still manage to be shi.te

all sport should be on sky

Edited by dan cake