Rio 2016 - Page 6 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

• Replies 448
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

4 hours ago, weekevie04 said:

Haha, brilliant.

I really don't know how to take Armstrong. I've watched The Armstrong Lie and listened to him on Joe Rogan's podcast for 3hrs. Of course he cheat d and was rightly punished/ostracised, but there was something about him in his interviews that made him listen for the whole hog - he's intelligent, quick-witted, funny and even has a bit of humility - well did on the podcast episode regading the doping, but I'm still tore that he cheated to such an extent and is most likely a sociopath who walked over pal's and lied.

Hmmmm.

He is charming, but also a sociopath.

10 hours ago, scottincarlisle said:

The USA keeper tried delaying tactics on last spot kick by changing her gloves......never got near shot. 

Don't think the USA goalie is taking it too well :mellow:

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/olympics/news/rio-2016-hope-solo-swedish-womens-soccer-bunch-cowards-a7188326.html

Edited by EddardStark

yep hardly anyone there at most events....very embarrassing for the IOC....

will doubtless be different in Tokyo but still pretty appalling tihs time.

on a side topic, has the Olympics got way too overgrown? i would exclude all sports that are only team events (football rugby hockey basketball etc etc) and things like team gold in gymnastics when its just a collection of points of individual perfornances....i would though add in other sports such as darts snooker and chess and maybe poker. also why isnt the fencing proper sword fighting like in robin hood or the musketeers for example?

4 minutes ago, Bannannan said:

Awesome Andy today.No pulling out of mixed.Just gets on with it.

Looked absolutely knackered but through to the final.

9 medals for Scots so far, most successful Olympics apart from London.

Edited by Toepoke

17 minutes ago, macy37 said:

Do people truly believe Bolt is clean?

I don't.

Loads of folk will.

Whoever took 14 seconds off the woman's 10000M though is the most special athlete on the track though not Bolt. I thought that record was here to stay like the female track times from the 80's eastern bloc era.

52 minutes ago, phart said:

Loads of folk will.

Whoever took 14 seconds off the woman's 10000M though is the most special athlete on the track though not Bolt. I thought that record was here to stay like the female track times from the 80's eastern bloc era.

Isn't Kratochvilova's record still there. And no-one has ever come near Flo Jo's 100m time.

1 hour ago, phart said:

Loads of folk will.

Prayer and hard work

8 hours ago, buckielugger said:

yep hardly anyone there at most events....very embarrassing for the IOC....

It's the insanity of awarding the Olympics to a bankrupt country, which has to waste billions on sporting infrastructure that will never be used again .

Brazilian people have got better things to spend their money on than going to watch athletic heats at 10.00 on a Friday morning.