Rio 2016 - Page 9 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

22 minutes ago, weekevie04 said:

All, but one of the Scots medals were won in a team event with other Brits. As much as I dislike the Team GB, I'm not that keen on the ''We've got 50 athletes/9medals'' Reporting Scotland parochial stuff either. I'm just a grumpy Gus probably.

Which one ?

Skinner just got cycling silver and Murray next for gold or silver.

• Replies 448
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, hunchy said:

Ye he is the one made a reply about tax and phone hacking

On the commentators they are doing my head in. Watching the pommel horse a wee bit ago and they never said when one of them had a wee wobble or slight mistake. Went on as if every move was perfect but yet every other nation they would pipe up about any wee slip. Only time I heard them say anything bad was during the replay when the gymnast commentator said about Max's leg being slightly bent

My mistake it was a comment about not going to jail for insider trading and phone hacking 

Must admit, I don't watch a lot of tennis, but the Argentinian following behind Del Potro is quality! Quite unusual in my limited experience of watching tennis.

Ive bet over 3.5 sets, so looking for Del Potro to win a set, then I can go to bed! Don't really care who wins. (Had £300 to turn over to lift a bonus...)

I've backed Del Potro throughout the tournament.

He was 8/1 against Djoko, 13/8 v Nadal and 10/3 today. Decided to chuck a few quid on him when he lost the first set at 8/1 as well - so fingers crossed.

I'd quite like to see Del Potro win after his injuries and I enjoy watching him, but also would be pleased if Andy does it too.

The 'Tina fans are class. Rowdy and having one hell of a time.

9 minutes ago, weekevie04 said:

The 'Tina fans are class. Rowdy and having one hell of a time.

They are indeed. Although with the exception of the Davis Cup it's as close to home as they'll get to seeing one of their own going for a major title.

55 minutes ago, Toepoke said:

Those Scots boys seem to be giving half the crowd a shot of their spare Jimmy hat...

Aye seems to be new folk gettin pics with them every time it shows them.

Andy being andy here

3 minutes ago, fringo said:

Sums up the BBC perfectly.

They just said "Andy comes over to a band of English supporters".

Unless I misheard it but I don't think so.

You didn't but the cameraman sorted the commentator out by immediately focusing in on the Jimmy hats followed by the pregnant pause from the commentator.

Bet you he doesn't make the same mistake in this coverage.