Rio 2016 - Page 10 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

2 minutes ago, andymac said:

You didn't but the cameraman sorted the commentator out by immediately focusing in on the Jimmy hats followed by the pregnant pause from the commentator.

Bet you he doesn't make the same mistake in this coverage.

I can forgive foreigners referring to us as English (albeit through slightly gritted teeth), but to have a British person, especially any UK professional commentator is unforgivable IMO.

• Replies 448
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

4 minutes ago, fringo said:

I can forgive foreigners referring to us as English (albeit through slightly gritted teeth), but to have a British person, especially any UK professional commentator is unforgivable IMO.

A doddery old mad who is still living in the days of the Raj? That's hardly the whole of the BBC. The commentary is live and unscripted you know. What was the cameraman/director a 5th columnist?

Just now, andymac said:

A doddery old mad who is still living in the days of the Raj? That's hardly the whole of the BBC. The commentary is live and unscripted you know. What was the cameraman/director a 5th columnist?

Just happens too often. It's not a first or one off. More blatant and sums it up perfectly.

The cameraman just did what he'd done for four hours and flashed to those guys in the crowd. Not a reaction to the commentator at all. 

3 minutes ago, fringo said:

Just happens too often. It's not a first or one off. More blatant and sums it up perfectly.

The cameraman just did what he'd done for four hours and flashed to those guys in the crowd. Not a reaction to the commentator at all. 

Excellent timing then and gave the commentator pause for thought.

7 minutes ago, fringo said:

Yeah, let's not deflect from the twatty English commentary which sums up the BBC.

Eh? I was one of the first to agree with you.

Get the chip shop off your shoulder, this place is way more than pathetic these days.

4 minutes ago, andymac said:

Eh? I was one of the first to agree with you.

Get the chip shop off your shoulder, this place is way more than pathetic these days.

Sorry. :P I misread/misinterpreted at least one of your posts . I don't normally carry that chip but the tennis thing did get to me. 

Apologies Andy.

3 minutes ago, fringo said:

Sorry. :P I misread/misinterpreted at least one of your posts . I don't normally carry that chip but the tennis thing did get to me. 

Apologies Andy.

Its OK, you are from Dundee. I understand you are not very bright. :D

54 minutes ago, fringo said:

Sums up the BBC perfectly.

They just said "Andy comes over to a band of English supporters".

Unless I misheard it but I don't think so.

Yep a few times they have mentioned english this or that.

The wanks also didnt show Murrays medal ceremony, they really are awful!!!

12 minutes ago, andymac said:

I used to shag a girl from Broughty, I understand its grim up there.

I blootered a lassie from Broughty Ferry once too. Her toosh was that baggy and wet that I could almost slide right intae her fae my front door in Perth!

21 minutes ago, andymac said:

I used to shag a girl from Broughty, I understand its grim up there.

It's actually relatively classy and cultured.

She may have been visiting from the West coast having been attracted by the East coast glamour. You were possibly even related ?

8 hours ago, andymac said:

The cameraman and director I'm guessing we're Brazillian.  The BBC won't have its own camera crews covering events, they'll be taking the feed from Brazillian TV like everyone else.  They would have been completely unaware of what the BBC commentator was saying. 

1 hour ago, Mox said:

Nothing fishy about that at all.

Time will tell. The boy seems to be the new star on the block, he believes he will be the first man under 43 seconds.

Johnson said he could also dominate the 200m too once Bolt retires...