Rio 2016 - Page 11 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

You didn't miss much with the medal ceremony unless you wanted to see Murray mime along to G.S.T.Q.

The match itself was excellent. Murray's all round game is superb, although he does tend to let his opponent back in to his game. Was amazed at the amount of broke serves yesterday, maybe that's a bit harsh on JDP as he was excellent too - although found the net quite often.

I play a bit of squash when home and pretty disappointed  that IOC didn't include it. No idea why I'm saying that, but what sports would you like to see cut/added to the Olympics?

• Replies 448
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, weekevie04 said:

You didn't miss much with the medal ceremony unless you wanted to see Murray mime along to G.S.T.Q.

The match itself was excellent. Murray's all round game is superb, although he does tend to let his opponent back in to his game. Was amazed at the amount of broke serves yesterday, maybe that's a bit harsh on JDP as he was excellent too - although found the net quite often.

I play a bit of squash when home and pretty disappointed  that IOC didn't include it. No idea why I'm saying that, but what sports would you like to see cut/added to the Olympics?

I was surprised to see Trampolining was an Olympic sport.  And as much as I enjoy Golf it just doesn't seem to fit in at the Olympics.  

3 hours ago, weekevie04 said:

Can I be the first to suggest synchronised swimming and dressage to be cut. Youc an probbaly make a case for the inclusion of 20/20 cricket to give likes of Sri Lanka a chance to win medals.

1 hour ago, Fairbairn said:

I was surprised to see Trampolining was an Olympic sport.  And as much as I enjoy Golf it just doesn't seem to fit in at the Olympics.  

I like trampoling as an Olympic sport there's something very non-elitist about it.  No-one round my way has a rowing lake in their back yard or exercise yard for their horse but my next door neighbours do have a trampoline!

26 minutes ago, Hertsscot said:

Can I be the first to suggest synchronised swimming and dressage to be cut. Youc an probbaly make a case for the inclusion of 20/20 cricket to give likes of Sri Lanka a chance to win medals.

Horse dancing - get it to fck.

1 minute ago, Mox said:

Football, golf, dressage and tennis off the top of my head should be cut. If the Olympics isn't the pinnacle of a particular sport it shouldn't be included.

And basketball IMO unless they were all amateurs again.

great stuff Andy..although mad tennis with nearly every game a break of serve or so it seemed!

both players looked totally knackered by the end but amazing courage once again from Andy.

the "english supporters" commentary was just funny & nicely embarrassing for the BBC....

delighted to see Bolt put the appalling cheat Gatlin firmly in his place once again. 

1 hour ago, hunchy said:

How many folk did they have to turn away. Never seen stands so full lol

Dujardin was on 5Live during the week warbling some pish about how equestrianism is accesible for all and how even the poorest kids in society could afford at least one pony.

15 minutes ago, Rossy said:

Dujardin was on 5Live during the week warbling some pish about how equestrianism is accesible for all and how even the poorest kids in society could afford at least one pony.

lol

To be fair she is partly right

It's the upkeep thats the expense

On Sunday, August 14, 2016 at 10:40 AM, wheres the pies said:

does anyone know how much funding team GB gets a year l know its astronomical amounts ?

£5.5 million per medal they said on ITV news there.

Funding has risen to around 15 times what was spent on the 1996 Atlanta disaster...