Rio 2016 - Page 12 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Has Cavendish not got previous for being a bit of a c@nt?

Can't remember why, but he doesn't seem the most likeable guy.

Surprised there's no penalty for wiping guys out like that! Although it's amazing it doesn't happen more with all the jockeying for position.

• Replies 448
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

25 minutes ago, sbcmfc said:

Has Cavendish not got previous for being a bit of a c@nt?

Can't remember why, but he doesn't seem the most likeable guy.

Surprised there's no penalty for wiping guys out like that! Although it's amazing it doesn't happen more with all the jockeying for position.

He proved himself to be a chippy ar5ehole after the road race at the 2012 games - the interviewer asked him an innocuous question about the race and got a sneering response from the guy. He's totally up himself - am delighted he didn't get the gold just now.

Edit: found this just now:

http://cyclingdynamics.blogspot.co.uk/2013/07/mark-cavendish-he-just-keeps-getting.html?m=1

Edited by neilser

9 hours ago, Toepoke said:

£5.5 million per medal they said on ITV news there.

Funding has risen to around 15 times what was spent on the 1996 Atlanta disaster...

that's some money did not think it was as much thought it was around the £500.000 mark 

52 minutes ago, Toepoke said:

In fairness to Ms Dujardin in spite of the post name I believe she's from a fairly humble background.

Not buying it

11 minutes ago, Ally Bongo said:

Not buying it

Not buying what?

I'm sure most of us had a girl in our class at school who was into horses. She seems to have been one of those girls, helped to no small extent by millions of Lotto funding.

11 minutes ago, Toepoke said:

Not buying what?

I'm sure most of us had a girl in our class at school who was into horses. She seems to have been one of those girls, helped to no small extent by millions of Lotto funding.

There would appear to be a big difference between the English definition of "humble" and the Scottish one

If you have ponies you need money - and quite a bit of it

I realise there was a grandparents inheritance to help her on the way but long before that her elder sister also had ponies

48 minutes ago, Ally Bongo said:

There would appear to be a big difference between the English definition of "humble" and the Scottish one

I realise there was a grandparents inheritance to help her on the way but long before that her elder sister also had ponies

Do all Scottish people spend all their money on irn bru, buckfast and square sausage ? I know loads of people that have a horse that run it by sacrificing other stuff. it comes down to what your priorities are, just because its not for you doesn't mean other people cant do something. Im not saying it doesnt cost but is not just landed gentry that can own a horse. 

1 hour ago, Ally Bongo said:

From what I read her mum worked with horses, but they lived in a 2 up 2 down and went to the local comprehensive school.

Anyway enough horsey chat, although I will say in response to Brant that I once inadvertently ate a horse burger in Paris.

3 hours ago, Toepoke said:

What about the poor cuddy that did all the work? :( 

It's 14 years old now and too old for any more competitions. Heading to the glue factory next week. She will just buy a new one though. they are not too expensive.

1 hour ago, Ally Bongo said:

Yep. The same way that the English refer to that cow Princess Kate as a commoner.  Aye, right! :lol:

36 minutes ago, Orraloon said:

It's 14 years old now and too old for any more competitions. Heading to the glue factory next week. She will just buy a new one though. they are not too expensive.

I dont think she owns that one, i believe she works for the bloke that owns it. Dressage horses aren't cheap, ponies by comparison are but i think you know that ;-)

44 minutes ago, Ormond said:

Yep. The same way that the English refer to that cow Princess Kate as a commoner.  Aye, right! :lol:

:ok: