Rio 2016 - Page 15 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

• Replies 448
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 16 August 2016 at 9:16 PM, Rossy said:

More fun to combine events tbh.

Horses wind surfing, or badminton with javelins. 

I'd watch that.

Reminds me of the daft Canadian sketch show in the 80's that featured 'cross country wrestling' and 'bowlfing' where competitors bowled ten pin balls round a golf course? 

Canoe heads too.

and 'I'm squashing your head!'

(sorry went off topic) ?

On 16 August 2016 at 10:50 PM, Hertsscot said:

I think you'd have to do a sport by sport analysis to answer that one, although China has obviously not had the same sort of successes as GB in rowing, cycling, sailing etc.  However I think it's misleading that GB is 'little'. The UK has one of the largest populations in one of the most prosperous parts of the world and that allows the UK to maximise human and economic resources in a way that few other countries can.  Added to this financial clout allows recruitment of world class coaches and the winning mentality that has been built up in the likes of rowing and cycling and GBs  successes should not be too much of a surprise to anyone

....and the lottery cash injection since the USA Olympics was a massive bonus (ball)

oops I see this has been mentioned ?

Edited by mingin'

20 hours ago, wheres the pies said:

What's happened to the boxers this olympics no done so well 

The boxing has been a farce so far. Been a couple of very very dodge results the biggest being the Irish lad against a Russian. The Irish boy totally outboxed him but the judges gave a unanimous to the Russian. Seems the old have got a bit fed up with them as well as 5 have been sent home

1 hour ago, hunchy said:

The boxing has been a farce so far. Been a couple of very very dodge results the biggest being the Irish lad against a Russian. The Irish boy totally outboxed him but the judges gave a unanimous to the Russian. Seems the old have got a bit fed up with them as well as 5 have been sent home

Watched a Kazhakstan boxer take a Russian apart and the decision went against him.

Most embarrassed athlete at the games? Watch the 2nd handover at the 4x100m relay between the St Kitts and Nevis runners. Hilarious stuff.

JADE JONES - what a star !!

Double Olympic champion at kicking someone in the head !!

love her to bits :)))

and £543 million very well spent too....much better than £200 billion on trident....

Bolt simply brilliant...

and unlucky Adan Gemili..at least 3rd out of the non-superhumans....

21 hours ago, Stapes said:

Watched a Kazhakstan boxer take a Russian apart and the decision went against him.

Most embarrassed athlete at the games? Watch the 2nd handover at the 4x100m relay between the St Kitts and Nevis runners. Hilarious stuff.

Think that might have been the one the pundits were talking about after the Irish lads fight. Said it was a the loser had taken the winner apart as well