Rio 2016 - Page 2 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

1 hour ago, Parklife said:

It's okay to miss drugs tests if you're British. 

aye, but generally the media and UK cycling athletic authorities consider this is acceptable because she is clean and everyone knows it. You have to feel for her at this time when some people will consider that missing one test is bad luck/inept, missing two tests is intentional and missing three is deceitful. But haters are gonna hate (or whatever other vacuous tweet will be applied to drown out any criticism of her). Rotten to the core. 

• Replies 448
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, Return of Yermaw said:

aye, but generally the media and UK cycling athletic authorities consider this is acceptable because she is clean and everyone knows it. You have to feel for her at this time when some people will consider that missing one test is bad luck/inept, missing two tests is intentional and missing three is deceitful. But haters are gonna hate (or whatever other vacuous tweet will be applied to drown out any criticism of her). Rotten to the core. 

Is she clean though, who knows if she keeps missing tests?

I thought the comments from Nicole Cooke were pretty damning. She's not saying that Armistead is or isn't doping but it's pretty clear she isn't taking the testing regime seriously.  

Interesting parallels with Froome and Cavendish and them taking full responsibility for their own missed tests. 

http://nicolecooke.com/news/

2 hours ago, aaid said:

Is she clean though, who knows if she keeps missing tests?

I thought the comments from Nicole Cooke were pretty damning. She's not saying that Armistead is or isn't doping but it's pretty clear she isn't taking the testing regime seriously.  

Interesting parallels with Froome and Cavendish and them taking full responsibility for their own missed tests. 

http://nicolecooke.com/news/

i would say she isn't. I was trying to be facetious but maybe not v obvious. If she was Russian you would hear the mother hens of British sport clucking from here. 

48 minutes ago, Ormond said:

That should be in the Wanky Phrases thread. :P

as above. 

On 04/08/2016 at 9:50 AM, Return of Yermaw said:

I didn't pick up the sarcasm to begin with, I was starting to think you might be mental, then it clicked lol

Really really enjoyed the opening ceremony  

Much better than London's

On 4 August 2016 at 0:44 PM, biffer said:

He did a good job of trying to cover up Princess Anne and the donkeygobbler looked a bit nervous that Andy was going to kebab him with it

http://www.itv.com/news/2016-08-04/murray-struggles-with-olympic-flag-bearing-duties/

What a pathetic story.

As long as he waves his tennis racquet properly I couldn't give a toss what he did with the flag.

Another great example of trivial nonsense being "reported" by lazy journalists trying to make a story out of fück all.

On 04/08/2016 at 8:33 AM, Orraloon said:

We will get to see Oor Andy proudly waving the union jack though. :ph34r:

Yeah, well ,since he's competing for UK that'll be appropriate. If at sometime in the future if he's not competing for the UK, maybe for example an indepedent Scotland, he might be fortunate enough to wave some other flag.

41 minutes ago, Eisegerwind said:

Yeah, well ,since he's competing for UK that'll be appropriate. If at sometime in the future if he's not competing for the UK, maybe for example an indepedent Scotland, he might be fortunate enough to wave some other flag.

Indeed. The usual tedious arseholes having a pop at Andy for competing for the only nation he can. 

Well after all the guff about London being the best ever and Rio will be shyte coming from the State broadcaster  -  have to say the opening ceremony was ok -but the spinning structure surrounding the flame was magnificent.

Watched the road cycling race all day yesterday , great race - but the course was outstanding - the whole coverage was like one big tourist advert for Rio - I want to go there  -friendly in the Maracanã will do nicely

4 hours ago, irnbruman said:

Watched the road cycling race all day yesterday , great race - but the course was outstanding - the whole coverage was like one big tourist advert for Rio - I want to go there  -friendly in the Maracanã will do nicely

Did you see the 2 guys in kilts running along side near the end ? :-))