Rio 2016 - Page 3 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

7 minutes ago, Bannannan said:

seems to be ok. god knows how.horrific.

Apparently conscious and talking. Must have a few breaks. She didn't seem to move at all and after a short while the cameras moved on. Scary stuff.

• Replies 448
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think when they don't show a replay of the event you fear the worst,but they say she walked to the ambulance. It was the same in the men's race Chris boardman is going nuts about it saying the hill was to dangerous. 

Glad Annemiek is ok

Marjory Halley did the exact same thing when i gave her a shot on my Chopper circa 1980

She was going doon Castlehill Crescent which was a right steep descent and shat it

Pulled on the front brake first and went arse over tit - she was in some mess and was taken to casualty

She wasnt in the same mess as my chopper though - the big shiny chrome handlebars were forever chipped to feck :(

10 minutes ago, Ally Bongo said:

Glad Annemiek is ok

Marjory Halley did the exact same thing when i gave her a shot on my Chopper circa 1980

She was going doon Castlehill Crescent which was a right steep descent and shat it

Pulled on the front brake first and went arse over tit - she was in some mess and was taken to casualty

She wasnt in the same mess as my chopper though - the big shiny chrome handlebars were forever chipped to feck :(

A shot of your chopper oo er matron :rollsmile:

Was watching women on bikes too and did fear Dutch girl could have a broken neck minimum and possibly fatal - hit head hard on concrete at full speed - looked super nasty.

Boardman had said repeatedly descent was too dangerous and no adequate safety protection for riders .

Did look like Chris's worst fears had happened - must have brought his Mum's recent fatal crash to mind immediately too.

Hope Dutch girl proves ok.

1 hour ago, Ally Bongo said:

Glad Annemiek is ok

If it was a Chopper surely you should've been on it too.  I think we managed to get 6 kids on mine.  "This bike is not designed to carry passengers" -Pah!!!

4 minutes ago, Toepoke said:

If it was a Chopper surely you should've been on it too.  I think we managed to get 6 kids on mine.  "This bike is not designed to carry passengers" -Pah!!!

lol - i remember the big white band on the back seat that said that

Used to give folk backies all the time and they would put their feet on the completely pointless parcel rack

On Saturday, August 06, 2016 at 11:30 PM, EddardStark said:

Adam Peaty breaking the world record with ease in the 100m. The lad is from our town is a really grounded young man.

Takes the gold by a second and a half, smashing his own record. Some athlete!

Michael Phelps bagged his 19th Olympic gold too...

22 minutes ago, Toepoke said:

Takes the gold by a second and a half, smashing his own record. Some athlete!

Michael Phelps bagged his 19th Olympic gold too...

Some achievement. This really is a great story. Unusual he is from a swimming club background and not from the Uni scholarship type route.

Edited by EddardStark

10 minutes ago, EddardStark said:

Unusual he is from a swimming club background and not from the Uni scholarship type route.

That's great encouragement for the clubs in these days of elite performance centres.

A pity Ross Murdoch missed out on the final, he seems to have been out of sorts, didn't even qualify for his favoured 200m. 

5 hours ago, Barney Rubble said:

Del Potro dumps Djokovic in the first round of the tennis.

Fantastic stuff. I'm a big fan of Delpo, hopefully he can stay injury free. 

Been enjoying it, more so the red button and the lesser known sports. Enjoying water polo, handball, swimming and the tennis was last night was very exciting - Murrays going out and big Delpo knocking out Djoko.

I know it's the BBC and all, but wish they'd lay off the ''Russia bad, mother Blighty good'' shit a little. Or ''plucky Johnny Britain did brilliant to come 58th in the fencing''.

Will be up tonight for Le Clos and Phelps.

I didn't see the London ceremony, but seen and heard on other sites and newspapers ''ours was much better than Rio''. I thought the opening ceremony was excellent this year. I enjoyed the history of Brazil segment greatly, and the colours/co-ordination was excellent. I was half-expecting more from Gisele and her last catwalk, I've no idea what, but a long speech or something ;), but it didn't happen.

13 hours ago, Toepoke said:

Michael Phelps bagged his 19th Olympic gold too.

Before these games he was the 43rd most successful nation in Olympic history. Think he might well move up this week.

21 hours ago, Toepoke said:

No medal for her.  Probably for the best if it was going to be tainted...

The hypocrisy of the BBC and wider media is mind-boggling. Barely mentioning this. Heard one commentator saying 'We know she's clean. She's a Brit'. Really? Would you like me to name some? I can start at 'A' and work my way through the alphabet if you'd like. 'C' is particularly good.

21 hours ago, bonzo said:

I think when they don't show a replay of the event you fear the worst,but they say she walked to the ambulance. It was the same in the men's race Chris boardman is going nuts about it saying the hill was to dangerous. 

Was watching it live and said right away to the wife that she was hurt bad. There's an alternate video on You Tube and the insensitivity of the cameraman is astonishing, although I suppose he's not allowed to touch her.

5 hours ago, fishcumnock said:

Women's beach volleyball the highlight of viewing for me ,fit ! ????

There are hidden nuances. I'm not sure what they are yet, but I'm sure they're there!

11 minutes ago, Mox said:

To be fair, the vast majority of stuff that is on early doors is utter guff.

Our lass is watching the diving at the moment. It is unfathomable pish and the attempts of the expert commentator to make every dive sound crucial is grating my cheese. 

Ooh - here comes tom Daley and the other, less marketable one whose name they can't seem to remember. Off they go. Splash. Pish. 

2 hours ago, weekevie04 said:

Been enjoying it, more so the red button and the lesser known sports. Enjoying water polo, handball, swimming and the tennis was last night was very exciting - Murrays going out and big Delpo knocking out Djoko.

I know it's the BBC and all, but wish they'd lay off the ''Russia bad, mother Blighty good'' shit a little. Or ''plucky Johnny Britain did brilliant to come 58th in the fencing''.

Will be up tonight for Le Clos and Phelps.

I didn't see the London ceremony, but seen and heard on other sites and newspapers ''ours was much better than Rio''. I thought the opening ceremony was excellent this year. I enjoyed the history of Brazil segment greatly, and the colours/co-ordination was excellent. I was half-expecting more from Gisele and her last catwalk, I've no idea what, but a long speech or something ;), but it didn't happen.

London spent £50m on the opening ceremony. Think Rio's was around £5m with lots artists and others offering services free of charge.

Edited by EddardStark