Ryan Gauld - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Ryan Gauld

Kirk

16 minutes ago, GHfaeGTA said:

Came on with 5 minutes to go when 5 nil down. Manager obviously doesn't rate him

I couldnt even see him on the team lists I saw. Think he needs to go and play

11 hours ago, macy37 said:

We all need to stop hoping he's going to be the saviour.

He isn't.

But he could be.

You canna deny he disna have potential. 

He's a hunner times better than Commons, GMS, Forrest etc imo.

14 minutes ago, Malcolm said:

Just shows how far we have fallen that I have hardly heard of any of the guys people think should be near the squad... who is this guy, was he at aberdeen or Dundee united then went abroad?

Nobody on this thread has said he should be in the squad. Whether he played for "Aberdeen or Dundee United" he was a young guy who was sold two years ago for 3 million pounds. Your ignorance has been noted.

18 minutes ago, Malcolm said:

Just shows how far we have fallen that I have hardly heard of any of the guys people think should be near the squad... who is this guy, was he at aberdeen or Dundee united then went abroad?

Sporting bought him from Dundee United, for around 3 million I think

32 minutes ago, Malcolm said:

Problem is very few of the guys you have heard of are good enough so we start hyping up every teenager mentioned with having a bright future.

12 hours ago, jock strap said:

But he could be.

You canna deny he disna have potential. 

He's a hunner times better than Commons, GMS, Forrest etc imo.

You and plenty other will still be saying this in 2 years time as he debuts for Rotherham.

20 hours ago, Malcolm said:

20 hours ago, Malcolm said:

Regardless of how good, bad or indifferent Ryan Gauld is, the fact that you have never heard of him says more about your extreme ignorance of Scottish/Scotland football, than it does about anything else.

great move for him

he will still end up at Rotherham in two years though

then make a handful of appearances for the national team when he finally comes good at 27/28, before burning out shortly thereafter

6 hours ago, Marky said:

Regardless of how good, bad or indifferent Ryan Gauld is, the fact that you have never heard of him says more about your extreme ignorance of Scottish/Scotland football, than it does about anything else.

Yer spot on there mate. Hopefully Gauld will come through to first team. Great player. Saw him twice for DU before he went to Portugal. The Messi tag disnae help but he is still very young and to be sticking it out in a foreign country says a lot about him.  Fingers crossed.