Corruption FC loose another player to Norwich City - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Corruption FC loose another player to Norwich City

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/36837472

Well well well what a surprise. Michael McGovern who allegedly could have signed for an English Premier League team signs for..... Norwich City!

Why would they sign a 32 year old goalkeeper when they have someone like Ruddy and a decent back up already?? Oh that's right the same reason Tony Andreu left Hamilton. Cash in the back pocket of the owners at Hamilton and Alex Neil's pocket for doing them a favour. Yes McGovern is a free agent however I bet his "signing on fee" was substantial. Sooner Hamilton is exposed for the crooked club that it is the better for Scottish football, sooner people realise this the better.    

Realistically what Premier League club would he have signed for and got regular games? He's a decent keeper who had a good 4 games in the Euros and as I NI fan I would have preferred him to have signed for a championship club that would guarantee him regular football.  Unless of course Ruddy is on his way this summer or Alex has guaranteed that he is the first pick next season. As a free transfer he'll pick up a very good signing on bonus and his wages will probably set him up for the rest of his life. He's a good guy and hopefully he gets game time down south.

14 minutes ago, PaulS2014 said:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/36837472

Well well well what a surprise. Michael McGovern who allegedly could have signed for an English Premier League team signs for..... Norwich City!

Why would they sign a 32 year old goalkeeper when they have someone like Ruddy and a decent back up already?? Oh that's right the same reason Tony Andreu left Hamilton. Cash in the back pocket of the owners at Hamilton and Alex Neil's pocket for doing them a favour. Yes McGovern is a free agent however I bet his "signing on fee" was substantial. Sooner Hamilton is exposed for the crooked club that it is the better for Scottish football, sooner people realise this the better.    

Firstly - It's LOSE

Loose suggests something baggy for example

Secondly - "who allegedly could have signed for an EPL team"

You know this how ? Allegedly implies you are talking sh*te

Thirdly - Free Agent

Accies dont get a penny - why would Norwich give Accies a backhander so that a 32 year old joined them and not anyone else ?

Fourthly - Why would Norwich sign a 32 year old keeper ?

He is an International goalkeeper who was arguably the best keeper in the SPL last season and just advertised his ability at the Euro championships - who is also a free agent 

Fifthly - You bet his signing on free was substantial

"You bet" implies you have no idea what his signing on fee was and again are talking sh*te

Why dont you write to the papers with your inside knowledge of Accies or take out an advert and supply your name and address so that your allegations can get the scrutiny they deserve ?

2 hours ago, Ally Bongo said:

Firstly - It's LOSE

Loose suggests something baggy for example

Secondly - "who allegedly could have signed for an EPL team"

You know this how ? Allegedly implies you are talking sh*te

Thirdly - Free Agent

Accies dont get a penny - why would Norwich give Accies a backhander so that a 32 year old joined them and not anyone else ?

Fourthly - Why would Norwich sign a 32 year old keeper ?

He is an International goalkeeper who was arguably the best keeper in the SPL last season and just advertised his ability at the Euro championships - who is also a free agent 

Fifthly - You bet his signing on free was substantial

"You bet" implies you have no idea what his signing on fee was and again are talking sh*te

Why dont you write to the papers with your inside knowledge of Accies or take out an advert and supply your name and address so that your allegations can get the scrutiny they deserve ?

I'd agree with all of this.

From the outside, the period of corruption to keep the club alive should have been when they were wandering about squatting at Partick and Albion Rovers after they got rid of the old ground.

Hamilton made a mint off of youth development from punting McCarthy, McArthur and Easton for decent money plus add ons

I mind when Hamilton won the first Division in 1988 and they got 5000 odd for their final game and they came out with a bit in the end of season review book that they envied Dunfermline for pulling 5k plus back then regularly

Hamilton were getting 4.3k average last season.

If there's corruption at Accies then dinnae dance around it - fvcking spit it out like I did with Dunfermline when we were in the middle of it.

7 hours ago, brant grebner said:

I'd agree with all of this.

From the outside, the period of corruption to keep the club alive should have been when they were wandering about squatting at Partick and Albion Rovers after they got rid of the old ground.

Hamilton made a mint off of youth development from punting McCarthy, McArthur and Easton for decent money plus add ons

I mind when Hamilton won the first Division in 1988 and they got 5000 odd for their final game and they came out with a bit in the end of season review book that they envied Dunfermline for pulling 5k plus back then regularly

Hamilton were getting 4.3k average last season.

If there's corruption at Accies then dinnae dance around it - fvcking spit it out like I did with Dunfermline when we were in the middle of it.

Hamilton getting 4300 average is severely booasted by away crowds. 

Both times we played them last season there we had almost have the crowd and we're by no means the biggest away support (Think it was something like 900 out a crowd of 2040 & 1400)

1 minute ago, Squirrelhumper said:

Hamilton getting 4300 average is severely booasted by away crowds. 

Both times we played them last season there we had almost have the crowd and we're by no means the biggest away support (Think it was something like 900 out a crowd of 2040 & 1400)

Motherwell tend to take anything upto 2000 over aswell.

The accuse support is 1200-1500