New England manager - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

New England manager

There has been elections to the SPFL board today, but it's nowhere to be seen on the BBC site.  

10 stories about Fat Sam,  just as many about the 1966 world cup... Celtic are fortunate to get a look-in with two titles linking to the same story...  

... but not a sausage on the SPFL board unless I've not dived deep enough.  

Not sure why it bugs me, but it does.  

Awrite, it's here: http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/36847800 - it was under the title "Tighter regulations on fan behaviour".  Fannies that they are, making me work for it. :ph34r:

Edited by OLAS

6 minutes ago, JasMc1973 said:

Fat sam gets the job, cant stand the fat khunt.... More reason to dislike england fc

normally dont get involved with the "Mcglashan" pish but as you say more reasons to dislike them

what an utter emler he is

west hams decision not to renew his contract hasnt come back to haunt them as his media mates predicted strangley enough

1 hour ago, OLAS said:

There has been elections to the SPFL board today, but it's nowhere to be seen on the BBC site.  

10 stories about Fat Sam,  just as many about the 1966 world cup... Celtic are fortunate to get a look-in with two titles linking to the same story...  

... but not a sausage on the SPFL board unless I've not dived deep enough.  

Not sure why it bugs me, but it does.  

Awrite, it's here: http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/36847800 - it was under the title "Tighter regulations on fan behaviour".  Fannies that they are, making me work for it. :ph34r:

You're wasting your time telling the TAMB. 

Dundee United chairman Stephen Thompson lost out to Dempster and Drysdale in the vote to represent the Championship on the board but said that would allow him to concentrate fully on his club's bid to return to the Premiership following relegation.

"The clubs maybe want change, it's up to them," he said. "I'm fine and I'm focused on other things now anyway."

Maybe I'm reading the tone of this wrong but Thompson's response sounds like he is the only one that hasn't been invited to a party and he's pretending he's ok with it...

He'll make them hard to beat against better opposition but his management style in terms of how he sets a team up will be low on creativity. FA set up a panel to take their time in selecting a new manager but the demand from media and many ex pundits to choose an English manager has resulted in a manager who in my view will take England nowhere.

Edited by EddardStark

11 hours ago, thewolf_1980 said:

Maybe I'm reading the tone of this wrong but Thompson's response sounds like he is the only one that hasn't been invited to a party and he's pretending he's ok with it...

I guess anyone could read what they want from that statement, especially if looking for that sort of angle. What makes you think he is pretending? Maybe he just is.

50 minutes ago, ShedTA said:

I guess anyone could read what they want from that statement, especially if looking for that sort of angle. What makes you think he is pretending? Maybe he just is.

I presume he put himself forward?

He didn't get it, and said he didn't really want it anyway....

I thought he "quit" in a tantrum about the points deduction or something at the tail end of last season?

The Rangers fans might be right about him! Although collectively they're not the best judge of characters!

:lol:

54 minutes ago, ShedTA said:

I'm not looking for any angle on account of the fact that I'm not a paranoid weirdo. I was merely giving an opinion based on what I thought the tone of his response was, which I thought came across as a wee bit childish and 'toys oot the pram'. As I said above, I may be interpreting it wrongly though. Apologies for daring to question your much-loved chairman.

15 hours ago, OLAS said:

It was on both STV news and Reporting Scotland. When I saw it I thought "Why the fuk is this a news story? Who the fuk is interested in elections to the SPFL board?". Looks like I have found the answer to that.:lol:

The BBC seem to be obsessed with Steven Thompson. Maybe they are all Rangers supporters?

2 hours ago, sbcmfc said:

I presume he put himself forward?

He didn't get it, and said he didn't really want it anyway....

I thought he "quit" in a tantrum about the points deduction or something at the tail end of last season?

The Rangers fans might be right about him! Although collectively they're not the best judge of characters!

:lol:

Again it's a bit of a bizarre interpretation - point me to where he says he doesn't want it? Focused on other things, yes, which is just as well given where the club find themselves, and seeing  he didn't get the gig. Sorry not having a go at you, and I don't particularly like the guy currently given what he put our club through past two years, but some people, you know the ones, are just desperate to slag him.

2 hours ago, thewolf_1980 said:

I'm not looking for any angle on account of the fact that I'm not a paranoid weirdo. I was merely giving an opinion based on what I thought the tone of his response was, which I thought came across as a wee bit childish and 'toys oot the pram'. As I said above, I may be interpreting it wrongly though. Apologies for daring to question your much-loved chairman.

See above Wolfy.

1 minute ago, sbcmfc said:

I think we all need to know who these people are!

:P

Reading between the lines, I assume he includes me, which isn't true at alil. I would have pointed out the possible toys oot the pram tone regardless of who said it. I can't deny that I think Thompson is a bit of a mouthpiece but I certainly don't give enough of a shit about him to form any kind of obsession and my post history on here would back that up. I would welcome facts to the contrary.

Sounds like the Shedmeister General is desperately trying to maintain his team's relevance now that they are starting the beginning of their Journey by pretending others give a shit about them. Bless. :)

36 minutes ago, thewolf_1980 said:

Reading between the lines, I assume he includes me, which isn't true at alil. I would have pointed out the possible toys oot the pram tone regardless of who said it. I can't deny that I think Thompson is a bit of a mouthpiece but I certainly don't give enough of a shit about him to form any kind of obsession and my post history on here would back that up. I would welcome facts to the contrary.

Sounds like the Shedmeister General is desperately trying to maintain his team's relevance now that they are starting the beginning of their Journey by pretending others give a shit about them. Bless. :)

?? Relevance is all relative Wolfy, when the team you follow is legally only 4 years old - which even Google's Siri will confirm for you. Ah bless.

P.s. what's the latest on the roof repairs? Now that could turn out to be very relevant.

10 minutes ago, ShedTA said:

?? Relevance is all relative Wolfy, when the team you follow is legally only 4 years old - which even Google's Siri will confirm for you. Ah bless.

P.s. what's the latest on the roof repairs? Now that could turn out to be very relevant.

Come on, if you're going to have a dig get it right!  Siri is an Apple product, not Google!!  3/10.  Must try harder.