New England manager - Page 2 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

New England manager

2 hours ago, ShedTA said:

?? Relevance is all relative Wolfy, when the team you follow is legally only 4 years old - which even Google's Siri will confirm for you. Ah bless.

P.s. what's the latest on the roof repairs? Now that could turn out to be very relevant.

What roof repairs? Genuinely, I haven't heard about it.

I was at the Annan game the other day so I assume we were awarded a safety certificate for this season. I guess the Ibrox deathtrap stories were probably started by the same folk who were greetin' about the Tynecastle asbestos!

10 minutes ago, thewolf_1980 said:

What roof repairs? Genuinely, I haven't heard about it.

I was at the Annan game the other day so I assume we were awarded a safety certificate for this season. I guess the Ibrox deathtrap stories were probably started by the same folk who were greetin' about the Tynecastle asbestos!

In fairness to Shed (which I'm generally not :D ), I have seen quite a few of our own bemoaning the general state and upkeep of the Stadium, although I do think this has been addressed.  I'm sure I read something from that Q&A with Dave King and there was a couple of guys on FF saying they had noticed improvements had been made.

Yer man from Scotzine has written to GCC with an FOI request to see the safety certificate granted to Ibrox for this season.  He's basically taken Kings comments about significant repairs being needed and turned that in to his hope that the stadium is about to fall down (with an undertone of "King's a khunt" ©Shed TA 2015) all dressed up in the pretence that he's concerned about the Rangers fans safety!!

Not obsessed though, not in the slightest.

2 hours ago, Fairbairn said:

Yer man from Scotzine has written to GCC with an FOI request to see the safety certificate granted to Ibrox for this season.  He's basically taken Kings comments about significant repairs being needed and turned that in to his hope that the stadium is about to fall down (with an undertone of "King's a khunt" ©Shed TA 2015) all dressed up in the pretence that he's concerned about the Rangers fans safety!!

Not obsessed though, not in the slightest.

He should maybe ask them about the state funding Celtic have had, UEFA are hot in that at the moment.

Stuff like that does take the obsession to a new level!

Some of these people need a hobby!

2 hours ago, Angus_Young said:

In fairness to Shed (which I'm generally not :D ), I have seen quite a few of our own bemoaning the general state and upkeep of the Stadium, although I do think this has been addressed.  I'm sure I read something from that Q&A with Dave King and there was a couple of guys on FF saying they had noticed improvements had been made.

Over the last year or so I have also noticed improvements being made, such as new signage above the turnstyles and above the concourse catering kiosks, surface water drainage repairs to the Main/Copland Stand corners (which may have been carried out by Scottish Water rather than the club), new frontage to the club shop and the like and I noticed the other day that new signage has been installed to the stands facing the pitch as well. If the roofs were so bad that they needed immediate repair, I seriously doubt that we would be allowed a safety certificate. I recall last season when those in the section on the half-way line in the Sandy Jardine Front were evacuated to the Broomloan Front for the 2nd half of one particular game so perhaps that is what is being referred to, but those repairs were carried out before the following home game.

On 21 July 2016 at 3:07 PM, ShedTA said:

?? Relevance is all relative Wolfy, when the team you follow is legally only 4 years old - which even Google's Siri will confirm for you. Ah bless.

P.s. what's the latest on the roof repairs? Now that could turn out to be very relevant.

Here's an update on the Ibrox 'roof repairs', Sheddy:

http://www.thenational.scot/news/ibrox-issued-with-safety-certificate-after-roof-confusion.20333

Guest BlueGaz
On 7/21/2016 at 3:07 PM, ShedTA said:

when the team you follow is legally only 4 years old

Here lieth the only obsession these days !!!!!!

2 hours ago, BlueGaz said:

Here lieth the only obsession these days !!!!!!

I'll give you that it's a bit tiresome (In general, but more so for you guys) , doesn't stop it being truthful though.

It's not an obsession at all as far as I can see/hear.

On 23/07/2016 at 1:03 PM, thewolf_1980 said:

That's reassuring thank you wolfy.  So any plans  from the club cum holding company cum vehicle for something on how to pay for or even do the repairs, apparently costed 4 years ago at £9m ? 

Well, you did want to keep this going...

2 hours ago, Redz said:

I'll give you that it's a bit tiresome (In general, but more so for you guys) , doesn't stop it being truthful though.

It's not an obsession at all as far as I can see/hear.

Quite. And never tiresome when they start it...

12 minutes ago, ShedTA said:

Quite. And never tiresome when they start it...

Agreed.

We've had our 'fun' though - Personally I'm satisfied that they really do know the truth.

Time to let go and despise their new club far more than we ever showed towards their distant relative. ;) 

25 minutes ago, ShedTA said:

That's reassuring thank you wolfy.  So any plans  from the club cum holding company cum vehicle for something on how to pay for or even do the repairs, apparently costed 4 years ago at £9m ? 

Dave King has confirmed that works are required to the stadium and its environs and that it will form part of a long-term renovation project, which he has committed to. Head to rangers.co.uk for confirmation. As stated above, works have already commenced in earnest so there's no reason to doubt that they will continue. We have a safety certificate so no roof replacement will happen for at least one more season anyway, barring any unforeseen remedials/emergencies. I know you are desperate for all works to have happened in the close season and will call King out as a liar because they haven't but that's not what he said, nor is it necessary.

I'm a quantity surveyor; replacing the stadium roof will not cost anywhere close to £9m. You could build a whole stand for that and have change left.

Edited by thewolf_1980

9 hours ago, ShedTA said:

£9m?Who costed them at that out of interest? I've never seen figures anything close to that. I'm wondering how a stadium requiring £9m worth of repairs would even get a safety certificate. 

9 hours ago, Redz said:

Time to let go and despise their new club far more than we ever showed towards their distant relative. ;) 

Good plan mate, I mean what else are you going to do, concentrate on yer own team? That just wouldn't do, not when you have us to hate....... :)

Guest BlueGaz
9 hours ago, Redz said:

Agreed.

We've had our 'fun' though - Personally I'm satisfied that they really do know the truth.

Despise away.  It matters not.  I relish in the fact that most other fans don't like Rangers and haven't liked them as long as I have supported them. Everyone is guilty of being childish every now and then, so can forgive you and your boyfriend Shed. :ok:

Guest BlueGaz
On 7/21/2016 at 8:29 AM, Parklife said:

A horrific, backward appointment that'll end in disaster. 

I don't know if England can pick the right man for the job.  It's not just their manager, it's their style of football that lets them down.  We all have different tastes in football but I think English football is quite exciting most of the time, and good to watch.  But when it comes to real quality, it is generally the foreigners playing in the league that provide it.

When it comes to the big tournaments, the English players alone do not have the technical ability to beat the top teams in the game.  Would be more of a genius required than a manager to keep them consistently fighting in the latter stages of the 2 tournaments.

3 hours ago, BlueGaz said:

Despise away.  It matters not.  I relish in the fact that most other fans don't like Rangers and haven't liked them as long as I have supported them. Everyone is guilty of being childish every now and then, so can forgive you and your boyfriend Shed. :ok:

To be fair there has been extra dislike for Rangers the past few years thanks to the everyone else to blame victim mentality of a fair amount of their fans. Less dislike for a Celtic lately as there has been a huge part of them missing recently but now their soul mate is back I'm sure it will bring out the worst in them again and we can back to despising both clubs equally. 

Guest BlueGaz
16 minutes ago, Och Aye said:

To be fair there has been extra dislike for Rangers the past few years thanks to the everyone else to blame victim mentality of a fair amount of their fans. Less dislike for a Celtic lately as there has been a huge part of them missing recently but now their soul mate is back I'm sure it will bring out the worst in them again and we can back to despising both clubs equally. 

I know the reasons, but still don't worry/bother me at all.  I am fortunate, I don't witness any of the stuff you mention in real life, am just lucky I suppose.  I only witness it in places like this, but then I take the majority of what I read online, particularly message boards and even more particularly this message board, with a pinch of salt.