Lincoln Red Imps game - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Lincoln Red Imps game

Comically, still 0-0 at the moment with a denied penalty, strike off the crossbar and dull, biased commentary from Tam Boyd but Celtic will still win this by a fair distance.

Quarter of the game gone though...

Edit: and within 10 seconds of me posting, Lustig scores.:lol:

Edited by thewolf_1980

Was wondering who the co-commentator was.   Dull is indeed the word.    Now 1-0,  can probably turn off before I fall asleep. 

Game's a bogey.  2-0. 

Edited by OLAS

18 minutes ago, OLAS said:

Still 0-0...  10 minutes gone.    Good call for a penalty for the home team.   Could well have been a dive though.    

Good call? Stonewaller that Ref gave then decided it was a free kick.

Who we got in the next round?

3-0: "We've seen that at Celtic park and other travelling grounds" - huv we, Tam?  ^?^

"That'll add a lot to his transfer fee"  wull it, Tam?    Tom Boyd speaking of Roberts after Celtic's 3rd goal.     :lol:

Edited by OLAS

9 minutes ago, macy37 said:

Don't ask Tom Boyd. :lol:

"The logistics of going to Tallinn would be better than going to Kazakhstan"  - Celtic would be going to Vilnius had Astana not won the tie.  

Regarding the penalty...  my IPTV stream is a bit shite.  Commentary is 10+ seconds ahead and picture is worse than SD.   Was hard to tell if there was any contact or not. 

46 minutes ago, PASTA Mick said:

Roberts is a terrific player. Easily our most exciting player and he could be a top player. 

He is a good player, could be veru good but he needs to learn to plau the simple ball at times, trys to overdo it far too often.

Celtic really are poor and will struggle to beat a good side.

That was effectively 'three halves'  in which Celtic failed to score against a team that gets 26 as an average crowd.  

Will be checking Astana's odds very closely. 

35 minutes ago, OLAS said:

That was effectively 'three halves'  in which Celtic failed to score against a team that gets 26 as an average crowd.  

Will be checking Astana's odds very closely. 

that was fabricated 

Edited by euan2020

3 hours ago, macy37 said:

It looked to me like he went down very easily. Difficult to say if there was any contact. 

That said, if it's a foul, how the feck it's not a penalty is a mystery. A good yard inside the box. Tbf to the ref the assistant has called it.

10 hours ago, Angus_Young said:

It looked to me like he went down very easily. Difficult to say if there was any contact. 

That said, if it's a foul, how the feck it's not a penalty is a mystery. A good yard inside the box. Tbf to the ref the assistant has called it.

he was going down way before he made contact, he dived

40 minutes ago, jim.mccole said:

Enjoyed trip up to Glasgow last night.Very one sided game.Larger crowd than I expected  50000+

Really as much as that, maybe it is the Brendan Rodgers effect....

:P

Edited by sbcmfc

Given that our capacity is 60000 then the 50000 seems reasonable to me, it was pretty full last night.

Good first half, bog standard 2nd half, plenty of missed opportunities and a couple of mistakes, well it is Celtic. 

not much you can do against opposition like that, its just a potential banana skin so aye, everyone was pretty happy we had got through to the next round.

16 hours ago, PASTA Mick said:

Roberts is a terrific player. Easily our most exciting player and he could be a top player.

He is comically one footed. If he didn't need his right foot for balance I reckon he'd hop around the park on his left leg.

Surely to god teams will work him out easily this season?

56 minutes ago, Marky said:

He is comically one footed. If he didn't need his right foot for balance I reckon he'd hop around the park on his left leg.

Surely to god teams will work him out easily this season?

Davie Cooper was pretty one sided I seem to remember, didn't do him any harm. Anyway if he's so easy to read it's all the more surprising how he managed to tear 'Scotlands most in-form full back' (Shinnie) a new erchie at CP last season.

Surely youve just forgot to add a smiley face here?

Edited by slasher

Looks a decent prospect to me. I always like a player to get their head up and he certainly doesn't seem to lack confidence.

One thing that jumps out is that he does seem a bit lightweight. You get the impression that he might struggle against fullbacks who have a good bit of pace, and he does look to cut inside an awful lot. I think he'll do very well domestically, maybe not so much in Europe. 

On a side note I don't see the point in developing young players for another club, especially when there isn't a hope in hell of signing them. We did it last season and whilst the guys did very well it's short termism to me. It's one thing to buy/sign young players with potential, loaning them is another entirely. 

Edited by Angus_Young

14 minutes ago, Angus_Young said:

Looks a decent prospect to me. I always like a player to get their head up and he certainly doesn't seem to lack confidence.

One thing that jumps out is that he does seem a bit lightweight. You get the impression that he might struggle against fullbacks who have a good bit of pace, and he does look to cut inside an awful lot. I think he'll do very well domestically, maybe not so much in Europe. 

On a side note I don't see the point in developing young players for another club, especially when there isn't a hope in hell of signing them. We did it last season and whilst the guys did very well it's short termism to me. It's one thing to buy/sign young players with potential, loaning them is another entirely. 

Roberts won't get anywhere near the Man City first team the same way that Zelalem won't get anywhere near the Arsenal first time (at least not as regular squad memebers anyway).