Lincoln Red Imps game - Page 2 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Lincoln Red Imps game

50 minutes ago, Fairbairn said:

Roberts won't get anywhere near the Man City first team the same way that Zelalem won't get anywhere near the Arsenal first time (at least not as regular squad memebers anyway).  

Time will tell on that mate.  Point is that I personally don't think it's the best use of the loan system. 

40 minutes ago, jim.mccole said:

Hardly free.It was included in the season ticket that cost me £450.

It's like saying when we play the Rangers,that game is free because it is included in the season ticket .

£450??? All that fur a new club.......

7 minutes ago, wembley67lisbon said:

Thoroughly enjoyed last night in the standing section. Was a great atmosphere considering who we were playing.

not seen Roberts goal back but it looked like a terrific build up and finish.

Aye, it was brilliant, the comfort of being able to use the bannister at the front to lean on is a god send. The seats kept on falling down though which is a pain in the arse, might need to invest in an allen key.

Didn't really learn anything last night, we are still 3 or 4 players short of getting to the group stages. Brown had another nightmare, Forrest was Forrest and big Moussa Dembele looks utter dung, but i'll give him the benefit of the doubt. As for Roberts, he's ok at the minute and can get by against weaker teams by his raw ability alone, but he's not particularly intelligent when it comes to releasing the ball at the right time and finding the correct pass. If he comes up against left backs this season who are competent he will struggle unless he improves his game intelligence.

As for Astana, seen them play Galatasaray in Istanbul last year and they drew 1-1. Couple of decent players with a big target man up front and they will cause us problems. I would make us slight favourites, but only just.

Edited by Mox

1 hour ago, Mox said:

Aye, it was brilliant, the comfort of being able to use the bannister at the front to lean on is a god send. The seats kept on falling down though which is a pain in the arse, might need to invest in an allen key.

Some of us were issued with keys on arrival, wembley wasn't one of them though , what's your confimation name and I'll get this sorted for you mate?

24 minutes ago, Bonnie Clyde said:

Well done to the Bhoys getting through their tie against a tricky opponent.

Flying the flag for Scotland in the champions league and I'm sure i speak for everyone when I wish them luck

Proof, if anyone needed it, that sniffing glue isnt recommended.  

Just now, sbcmfc said:

Are you not going to hang about for a bit? Quite an early online suicide mission!

:(

I'll just start posting from one of my sleeper cell names :)

While we're at it, can you stop posting question marks after statements (I know you do this because you're worried that people might disagree with you and that scares you), but it looks pathetic.

2 hours ago, Bonnie Clyde said:

I'll just start posting from one of my sleeper cell names :)

While we're at it, can you stop posting question marks after statements (I know you do this because you're worried that people might disagree with you and that scares you), but it looks pathetic.

Surely any sentence that starts "are you" is a question and therefore deserves a question mark?

16 hours ago, Mox said:

Shouldn't all of the seats have been down since standing sections are not allowed in European competitions?

1 hour ago, theweestevie said:

Shouldn't all of the seats have been down since standing sections are not allowed in European competitions?

They were down but you can put them back up in the hope that they stay up.

2 hours ago, neilly71 said:

Aye Stevie, thats what shouldve happened, I think folk used tape or something to keep their seats up.

1 hour ago, Mox said:

They were down but you can put them back up in the hope that they stay up.

No doubt some do gooder will be along in time for your next game, making sure the stewards hassle you all match to sit down. 

Defenitely looked like it added to the atmosphere, here's hoping it catches on at other grounds.

19 hours ago, Bonnie Clyde said:

Well done to the Bhoys getting through their tie against a tricky opponent.

Flying the flag for Scotland in the champions league and I'm sure i speak for everyone when I wish them luck

It will be a great fortnight