Football calendar and Euro disasters - Page 4 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Football calendar and Euro disasters

8 minutes ago, er yir macaroon said:

Europa league once in 8 years for a club like Aberdeen? Your chairman is stitching you up. As for the rest, out in July. Pathetic. If the season started in February they'd still be in.

It's the 3rd year in a row we've made it.

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

7 hours ago, er yir macaroon said:

Your sights are so low you're in danger of shooting yourself in the foot. 8 years ago ffs. You've won European trophies. Don't accept this mince.

You were the one who mentioned the last 20 years and my post was in direct response to that which is why I quoted that in my reply.

Don't think anyone is accepting anything but the financial reality is such that it means the odds are stacked against our clubs winning through 3 or 4 qualifying rounds to make the group stages. 

1 hour ago, AberdeenAngus said:

You were the one who mentioned the last 20 years and my post was in direct response to that which is why I quoted that in my reply.

Don't think anyone is accepting anything but the financial reality is such that it means the odds are stacked against our clubs winning through 3 or 4 qualifying rounds to make the group stages. 

that's why our clubs should be playing these games when match sharp instead of a month before the league begins, as was my OP. Why play with one hand behind their backs when struggling at the best of times?