4034 tickets - Page 5 - Malta v Scotland - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

4034 tickets

FANDABBYDOZZY

9 hours ago, corbyfox68 said:

Done and dusted another away point officially in the Scotland end , so fed up travelling and having to sit in Home end , just because the SFA do not go for higher allocations even after sending out questionnaires asking how many going

I will be coming down the road ha ha

The home team decide the allocation. Not the sfa,would you be happy giving England 10000 tickets as it's easy for them to get to?

• Replies 340
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

22 hours ago, dandydunn said:

The home team decide the allocation. Not the sfa,would you be happy giving England 10000 tickets as it's easy for them to get to?

both countries decide an allocation based on supporters and ground sizes , i believe minimum is 10% dependent on segregation and policing etc , hence the questionnaires , and if we gave England 100000 , as long as we got 10000 in return then why not. We always end up with some supporters in home end as we are welcome anywhere we travel but i believe , correct me if i am wrong , but it is an offence to enter the wrong end knowingly

23 minutes ago, corbyfox68 said:

both countries decide an allocation based on supporters and ground sizes , i believe minimum is 10% dependent on segregation and policing etc , hence the questionnaires , and if we gave England 100000 , as long as we got 10000 in return then why not. We always end up with some supporters in home end as we are welcome anywhere we travel but i believe , correct me if i am wrong , but it is an offence to enter the wrong end knowingly

The first part is wrong. 

Hampden doesn't hold 100000. 

A lot of Scotland fans like to think we're welcome everywhere we go. 

I doubt it's an offence if you bought the ticket legally. 

Apart from that,cracking post. 

21 minutes ago, corbyfox68 said:

both countries decide an allocation based on supporters and ground sizes ,

no they don't, away team will make a request but how many tickets are given to the away team is down solely to the home team.

i believe minimum is 10% dependent on segregation and policing etc , hence the questionnaires ,

Not any more.

and if we gave England 100000 , as long as we got 10000 in return then why not.

We don't have a ground capable of holding 100000 supporters.  Wembley is almost twice the size of Hampden, we should give them a pro rate allocation to whatever we get at Wembley.

We always end up with some supporters in home end as we are welcome anywhere we travel but i believe , correct me if i am wrong , but it is an offence to enter the wrong end knowingly

no it's not, at least not everywhere 

On 28/07/2016 at 0:38 PM, clarky1606 said:

I would of said 500 max.

Exactly! It was a smashing weekend and great of the SFA to set up beer stalls within the ground so we could all enjoy a beer or 13 during the match. I have no idea why they get such a hard time on here!?

lol wis it the Sfa that set up the beer stalls i vaguely remember swigging a bottle of whisky ah thought they were selling raffles

On 31/07/2016 at 8:44 PM, deecie said:

Aye, the SFA never get enough ticket (if you ignore the fact that about 25 of the last 30 games were available to everyone).

Well done for completely missing the point.

We'll have a situation here where the stadium will be barely half full, where a bigger allocation was avaliable but the SFA didn't push for it, they were the only ones who thought that would be an adequate allocation. Piss poor from the SFA.

The fact that they got an adequate allocation six years ago will be of absolutely no help to those who have booked up thinking that with the size of the stadium and allocation we should have got then we'd be fine, it's ridiculous.

11 minutes ago, Mowgli said:

Well done for completely missing the point.

We'll have a situation here where the stadium will be barely half full, where a bigger allocation was avaliable but the SFA didn't push for it, they were the only ones who thought that would be an adequate allocation. Piss poor from the SFA.

The fact that they got an adequate allocation six years ago will be of absolutely no help to those who have booked up thinking that with the size of the stadium and allocation we should have got then we'd be fine, it's ridiculous.

Going by the old 10% rule - we "should have got 1700 tickets, the SFA have managed to get over twice that amount - I would say that's fairly good going.

41 minutes ago, CraigfaeRothes said:

No matter what the allocation is secured by the SFA/SSC there will always be some folk unlucky not to get a ticket!

Except for all the games when everybody who wanted a ticket got a ticket. Which is quite a lot of them recently. 

Gutted doesn't cover it. Another trip I can't get a ticket for... stuck on one point. My mate had our tickets in his basket at noon and the payment page went blank. All booked up with no tickets. SFA supporters club slogan "more than just a number" today I've never felt more like just a number when It comes to supporting my country. All the fresh air in the world won't make any f#*king difference :(

5 minutes ago, tartanmaroon said:

Gutted doesn't cover it. Another trip I can't get a ticket for... stuck on one point. My mate had our tickets in his basket at noon and the payment page went blank. All booked up with no tickets. SFA supporters club slogan "more than just a number" today I've never felt more like just a number when It comes to supporting my country. All the fresh air in the world won't make any f#*king difference :(

You'll get a ticket out there. One point might be enough for a Wembley ticket? 

3 minutes ago, tartanmaroon said:

Not too worried about getting a ticket out there, but more concerned about my points total and Wembley now, any idea what allocation we are likely to get? 

probably aboot 7500

5 minutes ago, Orraloon said:

You'll get a ticket out there. One point might be enough for a Wembley ticket? 

Being one of the "unlucky" ones again via the SSC for Malta, what we need now on this thread is contacts of how to get a ticket over there.

The various websites don't have any ticket info, probably in the knowledge that there will be a decent travelling support looking to snap up a few tickets.

I've already made a few enquiries, so if I hear of any leads I'll add to this thread.

Surely a few Jambos on here, no contacts over there from the recent Europa League exploits?