4034 tickets - Page 6 - Malta v Scotland - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

4034 tickets

FANDABBYDOZZY

Guest allyc

Can't stand all the belly acheing from folk who are one point and missed a ticket etc.u could have gone to any of the games the last two years and be sitting pretty.the sfa have got a decent size allocation.who do we think we are???

• Replies 340
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

13 hours ago, Mowgli said:

Well done for completely missing the point.

We'll have a situation here where the stadium will be barely half full, where a bigger allocation was avaliable but the SFA didn't push for it, they were the only ones who thought that would be an adequate allocation. Piss poor from the SFA.

The fact that they got an adequate allocation six years ago will be of absolutely no help to those who have booked up thinking that with the size of the stadium and allocation we should have got then we'd be fine, it's ridiculous.

If the stadium is as half empty as you claim, you'll easily be able to get a ticket.

Youre just moaning for the sake of moaning. 

I was one of the lucky ones who managed to get a ticket on one point yesterday. But I agree with a lot of what's been said here, I'd have been absolutely gutted if I hadn't managed to get one, especially as the stadium will be about half full. Don't really see how it would be a massive effort from the SFA to secure another few hundred tickets to meet demand (assuming segregation issues didn't complicate things too much), everyone is losing out from the fans (who are actually paying a lot of money to go and missing out on a ticket in the away end and the point, rather than the twats harvesting points) to the Maltese and us on missed revenue from not selling the additional tickets, as some folk may not want to go in the home end and just not bother going to the game.

I rejoined for this campaign and have paid up the membership for next 2 years.   Where am I likely to get my points on the ladder?

Currently booked up for Malta but now have no ticket.  Looking at it, thought it was certain to get a ticket for this one as Malta is big enough stadium and unlikely to fill it.  

Can't go to Slovakia but also booked up for Wembley.  Unlikely to get ticket on no points there.  What about Lithuania ?  Small stadium likely no ticket there either.   So whats the point in joining if you cant get a ticket.  No word on any away friendlies either but going to any of them does not float my boat.

I went to 3 away qualifiers in the last campaing without having membership.  It seems like I will probably end up doing this again and not bother joining.   This would of been avoided if a decent allocation was asked for.  Why bother with the pre-travel survey if it is either not reflective of the number who travel or is just ignored anyway,

It's not much help now, but the Italy game would have got you 1 point, which would be enough for the Malta game, which would be enough for the England game.

3 points by the end of the year.

25% of the stadium is a very good allocation.

31 minutes ago, deecie said:

It's not much help now, but the Italy game would have got you 1 point, which would be enough for the Malta game, which would be enough for the England game.

3 points by the end of the year.

25% of the stadium is a very good allocation.

One point wasn't enough for Malta (unless you were a jammy bassa like me). Know a few others on one point who tried and got nowhere. 25% is a good allocation, but not when there will still be thousands of empty seats for no apparent reason other than they can't be arsed with the work involved in asking for and selling more.

9 minutes ago, jailender said:

Maybe, just maybe, the Maltese FA did not want the ground to be 50% plus full of Scottish fans, turning it into an away game for them. 25% is as good an allocation as we are ever likely to get anywhere.

Nothing to stop the SFA asking for a few hundred more , if there's no great demand from their own fans , an extra 500 or so would probably more or less cover demand from 0/1 pointers who missed out .If they're told to do one for segregation or other reasons then make that clear 

Edited by tattiescone69

Just now, tattiescone69 said:

Nothing to stop the SFA asking for a few hundred more , if there's no great demand from their own fans , an extra 500 or so would probably more or less cover demand from 0/1 pointers who missed out .If they're told to do one then make that clear 

Which they've already made clear when they stated we're not getting any more tickets.

The Malta FA seem happy to sell as many tickets as is needed to Scotland supporters. That is why they have opened another section for Scotland supporters and tickets can be bought direct at 25 euros

3 minutes ago, mcrobs said:

The Malta FA seem happy to sell as many tickets as is needed to Scotland supporters. That is why they have opened another section for Scotland supporters and tickets can be bought direct at 25 euros

16 minutes ago, jailender said:

Maybe, just maybe, the Maltese FA did not want the ground to be 50% plus full of Scottish fans, turning it into an away game for them. 25% is as good an allocation as we are ever likely to get anywhere.

The Gibraltar FA didn't seem to care, what was our allocation there, about 8000? Plus if what is said below is correct, then makes it even more daft the SFA don't just sell them themselves.

However, I'm sorted, so not going to be firing off any emails of complaint, but can definitely see why folk feel aggrieved.

3 minutes ago, mcrobs said:

9 minutes ago, deecie said:

Which they've already made clear when they stated we're not getting any more tickets.

They didn't say we were refused any more , they just said that's it . Seems a bit odd the Maltese would rather seats were empty than make a few quid filling more of them 

59 minutes ago, cranna said:

I rejoined for this campaign and have paid up the membership for next 2 years.   Where am I likely to get my points on the ladder?

Currently booked up for Malta but now have no ticket.  Looking at it, thought it was certain to get a ticket for this one as Malta is big enough stadium and unlikely to fill it.  

Can't go to Slovakia but also booked up for Wembley.  Unlikely to get ticket on no points there.  What about Lithuania ?  Small stadium likely no ticket there either.   So whats the point in joining if you cant get a ticket.  No word on any away friendlies either but going to any of them does not float my boat.

I went to 3 away qualifiers in the last campaing without having membership.  It seems like I will probably end up doing this again and not bother joining.   This would of been avoided if a decent allocation was asked for.  Why bother with the pre-travel survey if it is either not reflective of the number who travel or is just ignored anyway,

I had zero in October pre Gib game, Now on four, got myself to Prague - Malta and France (managed through plenty of phone calls to the sfa to bag a cancellation)

Four points from 4 meaningless games. Sorted now for competitive games.

Trying to start off at wee grounds and grounds which are easy to get to will get you nowhere - up until the next friendlies pester SFA for ticket cancellations, you may be lucky. THEN BOOK UP.

Failing that save your dough and travel to friendlies. 

1 hour ago, cranna said:

The SSC only gurantee home games.  The last campaign was good for away games as every Stadia was pretty big, this campaign won't be good for low pointers as Malta at 18000 is the third biggest. 

20 minutes ago, Mazziessc said:

I had zero in October pre Gib game, Now on four, got myself to Prague - Malta and France (managed through plenty of phone calls to the sfa to bag a cancellation)

Four points from 4 meaningless games. Sorted now for competitive games.

Trying to start off at wee grounds and grounds which are easy to get to will get you nowhere - up until the next friendlies pester SFA for ticket cancellations, you may be lucky. THEN BOOK UP.

Failing that save your dough and travel to friendlies. 

Doesn't really help with folks who started during this campaign though.   Didnt get a chance for any of this and first game after joining was Malta away which I booked up for.  

There doesnt appear to be any friendlies on horizon so will likely miss out in Malta, Slovakia, England, Lithuania before then. 

8 minutes ago, mcrobs said:

A lad on the facebook page has posted that he spoke to the SSC today and was told the majority of the allocation with be pick up only and they are expecting loads to be returned

I really hope this is true. 

Mulling over whether waiting for these returns or just buying the €25 tickets the now.

Although I can see why the Malta FA were reluctant to give us more tickets if they are charging €25 for these when the other ones where €10!

15 minutes ago, mcrobs said:

A lad on the facebook page has posted that he spoke to the SSC today and was told the majority of the allocation with be pick up only and they are expecting loads to be returned

Utter carnage that would cause. Stadium is in the middle of nowhere, absolutely hehaw around it in terms of pubs shops etc. It would be a logistical nightmare for many fans. - 20min car journey from some resorts. 

After the Metz nightmare where on the day of the game FFF still hadn't told the SFA where to set up to hand out their tickets. Hundreds ended up hanging around, some for hours.

Also, the SFA normally send two girls over to hand them out, sometimes they don't even have two windows to use as separate collection points.

3000+(not including those looking for spares) between one or two queues in the middle of nowhere.

Utterly impossible. It simply wont happen. I'd be surprised if they asked any more than 400 to collect.

23 minutes ago, cranna said:

Doesn't really help with folks who started during this campaign though.   Didnt get a chance for any of this and first game after joining was Malta away which I booked up for.  

There doesnt appear to be any friendlies on horizon so will likely miss out in Malta, Slovakia, England, Lithuania before then. 

No it doesn't help if your just starting out, unfortunate that allocations will be small. Everyone who has any tally of points had to wait and be patient at some point to get on the ladder though.

Aye sounds like a lot of nonsense to me, they're probably just saying that hoping folk will return tickets, believing that. Everyone is spread out all over the island, so would be very difficult for thousands to have to travel and collect.

51 minutes ago, tattiescone69 said:

They didn't say we were refused any more , they just said that's it . Seems a bit odd the Maltese would rather seats were empty than make a few quid filling more of them 

What difference would that make? They've done a great job securing 25% of the ground and made clear that's all we're getting.

An excellent job all round I'd say.

6 minutes ago, Mazziessc said:

Utter carnage that would cause. Stadium is in the middle of nowhere, absolutely hehaw around it in terms of pubs shops etc. It would be a logistical nightmare for many fans. - 20min car journey from some resorts. 

After the Metz nightmare where on the day of the game FFF still hadn't told the SFA where to set up to hand out their tickets. Hundreds ended up hanging around, some for hours.

Also, the SFA normally send two girls over to hand them out, sometimes they don't even have two windows to use as separate collection points.

3000+(not including those looking for spares) between one or two queues in the middle of nowhere.

Utterly impossible. It simply wont happen. I'd be surprised if they asked any more than 400 to collect.

Wasn't aware of that in Metz? I am sure I was told in my collection email where to go at the stadium to pick up, in fact I am almost certain was I had printed it off. I turned up about 90 mins before match, biggest hassle was getting through the security check, once done it was a minutes stroll down to the pick up point at our end, picked up ticket in 30 secs, back to my mates in the bar just before the security check. Seemed a breeze to me but appreciate others would have been there at different times.

3 minutes ago, deecie said:

What difference would that make? They've done a great job securing 25% of the ground and made clear that's all we're getting.

An excellent job all round I'd say.

I agree. I am also sure I saw somewhere that SFA had only 3,400 people confirming they were wanting to go in response to the poll they did. If thats the case then a 4,000 allocation was above and beyond what they were expecting to travel.