4034 tickets - Page 8 - Malta v Scotland - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

4034 tickets

FANDABBYDOZZY

7 minutes ago, deecie said:

Settle down, you made a dumb suggestion. I'm sure with time you'll get over it.

Ah good defensive comeback when the message was explained to you, don't worry 'funnyman' you'll get over it and be making more of your 'funny' comments soon enough bud.  

• Replies 340
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, Radian said:

Ah good defensive comeback when the message was explained to you, don't worry 'funnyman' you'll get over it and be making more of your 'funny' comments soon enough bud.  

I've nothing to get over. But thanks regardless.

3 hours ago, deecie said:

What difference would that make? They've done a great job securing 25% of the ground and made clear that's all we're getting.

An excellent job all round I'd say.

The difference is at least people who miss out know why , if they won't give us any more fair enough but it would be nice to know if they even  tried to get more . You obviously find it impressive to "negotiate" 25% of a stadium which will probably be half empty even with us in it but it's the least they can do for SSC members who pay their fifty quid and might want a ticket 

28 minutes ago, tattiescone69 said:

The difference is at least people who miss out know why , if they won't give us any more fair enough but it would be nice to know if they even  tried to get more . You obviously find it impressive to "negotiate" 25% of a stadium which will probably be half empty even with us in it but it's the least they can do for SSC members who pay their fifty quid and might want a ticket 

Either way folk are missing out because there's not enough tickets to go round. You're just looking for reasons to complain. If they'd published all their correspondence with the Malta FA you'd just moan about something else.

As always, if you want tickets for popular games, go to unpopular ones. Like the game we played in Malta 6 weeks ago.

43 minutes ago, mcrobs said:

I phoned at 9.05 this morning. I asked to be put on the waiting list and she took my SSC number. I then added my boy to the list as well. I then asked where we were on the list and was told numbers 76 and 77

I'm guessing everytime someone with a higher points tally they go on higher on the list? Or is it a free for all?

Got 2 in the section advertised on Malta FA site, did an e mail to them on Monday and they responded straight away, saying if would be an open sale and they stated home and neutral tickets would be available. I e mailed the SSC last night to ask where they were with extra tickets and if they even tried, still waiting on a response! pretty poor service with the cost of the membership.

Not a problem with the points system as I don't go to many away games, but regardless would expect them to make a bit of effort for the lower pointers who pay the same membership fee, or at least say they were knocked back/didn't bother asking, instead of the wall of silence.

Btw most of these 25Euro tickets are just about gone looking at the site map

1 hour ago, The Laud said:

Doesnt affect me as im on 7 points but surely the sfa can come out with a statement to their own supporters on why they cant get tickets for said members while the Maltese fa sell tickets to Scotland fans.

I know, it's shide. Malta selling tickets to Scotland fans (at over double the price) is just a slap in the face. It also smacks of the SFA not trying their arse to do anything to help low pointers get on the ladder.

Why would a home FA just disregard totally the allocation system is beyond me.

J

Dont know, perhaps someone can clarify, Do the ssc have to pay for tickets up front from other nations?. If so that would be the answer to many of the questions supporters ask re shortage of tickets. and why they dont over subscribe. As when people who return tickets at last minute the ssc would be left with unsold tickets. hope someone can enlighten me. I think this reason would be plausable cheers

Edited by washboarder

8 minutes ago, washboarder said:

Dont know, perhaps someone can clarify, Do the ssc have to pay for tickets up front from other nations?. If so that would be the answer to many of the questions supporters ask re shortage of tickets. and why they dont over subscribe. As when people who return tickets at last minute the ssc would be left with unsold tickets. hope someone can enlighten me. I think this reason would be plausable cheers

I mentioned this before. If the SFA were offered say 7k & only sold 6k they might have to foot the bill.

10 minutes ago, washboarder said:

Sometimes.

Just bought tickets for the "Scotland section" via the Malta FA.  Looks like we have quite an allocation via the Malta FA, whole upper tier of section A.  So it's the posh seats hence the price of 25 euros.

I contacted the SSC about additional tickets today and told it was highly unlikely they will get.  How can this be when Malta are selling them to us directly?

The main issue is not getting the "away" point for this game like so many others who missed out via the SSC allcation.

Any hoo, tickets are printed off and now and raring to go

Edited by SAY

9 hours ago, Orraloon said:

I never saw any poll for this game. I'm guessing I'm not the only one. 

I responded to the poll advising I was going but still missed out getting a ticket via the SSC.

Whats the point in the poll if folk who are going (and see the email for the poll) can't be bothered to reply and the SSC use the poll as the indicator to how many tickets they require.

what about those who say yes upfront getting allocated a ticket if the number allocated exceeds that figure and then offer the remaining tickets to those who didn't reply to the poll.

just a thought!

Edited by SAY

10 minutes ago, SAY said:

I responded to the poll advising I was going but still missed out getting a ticket via the SSC.

Whats the point in the poll if folk who are going can't be bothere to reply and the SSC use the poll as the indicator to how many tickets they require.

what about those who say yes upfront getting allocated a ticket if the number allocated exceeds that figure and then offer the remaining tickets to those who didn't reply to the poll.

just a thought!

I didn't get an email about a Malta poll. I get dozens of emails from them trying to sell me awe the pish under the sun but never got one about a Malta poll. When they asked me about other games in the past I always reply and I always say YES whether I'm going or not.

6 hours ago, deecie said:

Either way folk are missing out because there's not enough tickets to go round. You're just looking for reasons to complain. If they'd published all their correspondence with the Malta FA you'd just moan about something else.

As always, if you want tickets for popular games, go to unpopular ones. Like the game we played in Malta 6 weeks ago.

6 hours ago, deecie said:

I'm on 9 points , so i've been at both ends of the points ladder , and don't need a lecture from you on how to get there , i just don't take the i'm all right Jack approach you clearly do .You don't know me ,  so you keep happy clapping the SFA and i'll complain if i feel there's a reason :ok:

Edited by tattiescone69

I don't know the exact lay out of the stadium and haven't looked into the Malta FA sale of tickets in the "neutral zone" but is there any chance that the number of tickets the SFA have received accounts for the whole of the actual away end, hence why that's all the tickets they have officially ended up with? The Maltese FA then sell other tickets, not in our away end, to anyone who wants one ie mainly other Scotland fans. I know it sounds daft but you never know with FIFA/UEFA regulations nowadays but its possible due to segregation requirements that we couldn't have officially got any more tickets? Someone with a better idea of the stadium lay out will have a better idea.

7 minutes ago, Dalgety Bay TA said:

I don't know the exact lay out of the stadium and haven't looked into the Malta FA sale of tickets in the "neutral zone" but is there any chance that the number of tickets the SFA have received accounts for the whole of the actual away end, hence why that's all the tickets they have officially ended up with? The Maltese FA then sell other tickets, not in our away end, to anyone who wants one ie mainly other Scotland fans. I know it sounds daft but you never know with FIFA/UEFA regulations nowadays but its possible due to segregation requirements that we couldn't have officially got any more tickets? Someone with a better idea of the stadium lay out will have a better idea.

Based on the game in May, I'd say that the away end held about 4000 so I suspect that you are right. 

1 hour ago, Dalgety Bay TA said:

No, you must complain that whatever action the SSC has taken is wrong and you should complain about it.

Any other actions would mean you're either "alright Jack" or a "happy clapper".

11 hours ago, SAY said:

Just bought tickets for the "Scotland section" via the Malta FA.  Looks like we have quite an allocation via the Malta FA, whole upper tier of section A.  So it's the posh seats hence the price of 25 euros.

I contacted the SSC about additional tickets today and told it was highly unlikely they will get.  How can this be when Malta are selling them to us directly?

The main issue is not getting the "away" point for this game like so many others who missed out via the SSC allcation.

Any hoo, tickets are printed off and now and raring to go

Because the ground belongs to the Maltese fa (presumably) not the ssc,so they can do whatever the fvck they want with the tickets. 

If they wanted to give Scotland 500 tickets and fill the rest of the ground with models of humans made out of ping pong balls,they could. 

ITS THEIR GROUND

The ssc have no right to demand X amount of tickets from anyone. 

7 hours ago, dandydunn said:

Because the ground belongs to the Maltese fa (presumably) not the ssc,so they can do whatever the fvck they want with the tickets. 

If they wanted to give Scotland 500 tickets and fill the rest of the ground with models of humans made out of ping pong balls,they could. 

ITS THEIR GROUND

The ssc have no right to demand X amount of tickets from anyone. 

They can ask for more , they didn't say they had asked and been refused . If they have , fair enough