4034 tickets - Page 9 - Malta v Scotland - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

4034 tickets

FANDABBYDOZZY

A lot of the people who aren't happy about getting a point for this game (buying for home end etc..) are purely peeved off because they can't get a point before the England game. If the sfa had got as many as people are wanting then the same points debate would happen for the next game, then game after etc. 

Im not saying everyone is in this boat, but I reckon there wouldn't be as big a deal about it if we didn't have them in our group. 

• Replies 340
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

10%  a token gesture as usual just to say they have done it, only reason they are remaining viable is because of the England game and people renewing to get a ticket for the home game, with the price they charge and nothing in return for the £50 odd quid, total waste of money for 20,000 folk,  seems to be they are happy as long as their regulars are sorted out for tickets, total disregard for all the others who pay every two years for a crap t shirt and bit of flannel about being more than a number.

With the 10% check farce ( don't want to admit their is a harvesting problem for this game) and Malta selling other tickets for the away support, call me cynical, but looks like a carve up to keep the 7000 or so happy that are on points above 2 or 3 so they all get a Wembley ticket and not add any hassle with others getting a point from a further allocation for this game in Malta.

Although Malta isn't large, our support will be spread all over the island. In addition the stadium is in the middle of nowhere and not easily accessible even on match day.

If the SFA had set up say a 50% pick up they would have had difficulty setting up a suitable central pick up point, which would have caused considerable moaning as the choice of pick up location in the Algarve did last year. Then on match day, they would have been lambasted by anyone queuing for more than 10 minutes to pick up, which would most certainly have happened.

It should have been a 75 or 80% pick up for both friendlies in May and June for the first game in Malta and then the game in Metz the week after.

This would have sent out a stronger message, caught out a few harvesters, and perhaps would have limited the number of non travelling buyers who look like they have bought for this game.

On 4 August 2016 at 6:28 PM, deecie said:

They definitely have asked. Is that clear enough?

Rubbish - you don't know that - why would you make a catagoric statement like that? I got an email from the Malta FA saying they were waiting to see if there would be a further allocation to Scotland before they put tickets on sale and that there would be a tickets for Malta fans and a mixed area when they went on sale. 

5 hours ago, hamilton wanderer said:

Rubbish - you don't know that - why would you make a catagoric statement like that? I got an email from the Malta FA saying they were waiting to see if there would be a further allocation to Scotland before they put tickets on sale and that there would be a tickets for Malta fans and a mixed area when they went on sale. 

I do know that, that's why I said it.

11 hours ago, glesgadan said:

I have only just rejoined the ssc after having a few years away. I remember the last time I was in I had to supply travel details rather than a pick up. does this no happen any more?

Not anymore, 'random' collections

Yeah good for SFA.  Unfortunately not so good for them on one point or zero points. With only a reported 10% that's right only 10% to be picked up,  how many harvesters will be in the 400?  And even when they are found to be at it, there is never anything else said or done about it. All they lose is the point that they were not entitled too in the first place . wonder how many illnesses/ funerals/ sorry can't get time off work/ the dugs deid/ forgot i was getting married that weekend lol  etc.etc....will suddenly come to light nearer the match date and then worse than that the harvesters dont inform SFA that they won't be collecting there ticket on match day . 

Same shite that comes around every so often. There will obviously be a small percentage of people who don't intend on going, and just getting a cheap point, there's no point inconveniencing hundreds of fans just to catch a few out.

This qualifying group will be bad for people on low points, but the last group was great for them. It's frankly just tough luck, there's only so many tickets to go around. 

If we didn't have a 'glamour' game against England, it wouldn't be an issue. 

1 hour ago, kumnio said:

Same shite that comes around every so often. There will obviously be a small percentage of people who don't intend on going, and just getting a cheap point, there's no point inconveniencing hundreds of fans just to catch a few out.

This qualifying group will be bad for people on low points, but the last group was great for them. It's frankly just tough luck, there's only so many tickets to go around. 

If we didn't have a 'glamour' game against England, it wouldn't be an issue. 

I'd say there's a very good chance that England will go down to 0 points anyway.  There are currently just over 9000 people on 1 point or more and that will only go down as no zero pointers will get tickets for either Malta or Slovakia.  The majority but by no means not all of those people will be going to Wembley  

The last game to drop off before Wembley will be the Nigeria game which had a large allocation and I suspect there will be quite a few 1 pointers that will drop off from that. 

Even if it doesn't go to 0 points, it'll still go to 1 and as you pointed out there's been plenty of opportunity for games that had an open allocation in the last 10 that meant people could have picked up points. 

If I was on one point then I'd feel reasonably confident about getting a ticket.  

Perhaps the answer to all of this is to have a member of the original tartanarmy board or senior scc member, requesting an avenue/ meeting for discussion, on e topic of ticket allocations?

There have been several significant issues raised and hey ho maybe someone at the SFA/SCC might just be trawling through the feelings from all these posts?

3 hours ago, DohaDave53 said:

Perhaps the answer to all of this is to have a member of the original tartanarmy board or senior scc member, requesting an avenue/ meeting for discussion, on e topic of ticket allocations?

There have been several significant issues raised and hey ho maybe someone at the SFA/SCC might just be trawling through the feelings from all these posts?

SSC not really interesting in engaging as far as this topic is concerned. 

2 hours ago, aaid said:

SSC not really interesting in engaging as far as this topic is concerned. 

Other than introducing random collections.

And having a 100% collection match.

And making members provide proof of travel.

To name 3 things they've done. No matter what they do though, people will complain when they miss out because demand outstrips supply.

30 minutes ago, deecie said:

Other than introducing random collections.

And having a 100% collection match.

And making members provide proof of travel.

To name 3 things they've done. No matter what they do though, people will complain when they miss out because demand outstrips supply.

They only ever have 100% collections when crcumstances dictate like not being able to post tickets in time, they don't do it out of choice.  Basically, they pay lip service to the collections.

They were told before they introduced it that proof of travel was unworkable as it was too easy to falsify the proof.

What would make a big difference, IMHO, would be if after every game they publicised how many people were asked to pick up, how many last minute cancellations they had for people selected to pick up and how many people didn't turn up.  

That way we'd all get an idea how how big small the problem is.  At the moment no-one really knows as anything is generally anecdotal and third hand, ie, my mate was at the collection half an hour before kickoff and there were loads of envelopes left.   That might be true, it might be an exaggeration, it might be an outright lie.

Then they should start throwing out repeat offenders and publicising that as well.

Ultimately the real problem here is not with the SFA but with fans cheating other fans and the SFA understandably expect the fans to do something about themselves.  Essentially if we want to stop this, the only people can do that are the fans themselves.

2 minutes ago, aaid said:

They only ever have 100% collections when crcumstances dictate like not being able to post tickets in time, they don't do it out of choice.  Basically, they pay lip service to the collections.

They did it out of choice against Northern Ireland.