4034 tickets - Page 10 - Malta v Scotland - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

4034 tickets

FANDABBYDOZZY

• Replies 340
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

31 minutes ago, bossman4 said:

That game was a 100% pick up from memory.

Yip, in a nice hotel. Had a pint in the pub opposite. 11:00 and full of jakeys absolutely smashed. The Guinness was terrible, worst pint I've ever had in Dublin. Was full of TA though. Drank up and left.

J

1 minute ago, Bristolhibby said:

Yip, in a nice hotel. Had a pint in the pub opposite. 11:00 and full of jakeys absolutely smashed. The Guinness was terrible, worst pint I've ever had in Dublin. Was full of TA though. Drank up and left.

J

Whit you trying to say, here?

8 hours ago, DohaDave53 said:

Perhaps the answer to all of this is to have a member of the original tartanarmy board or senior scc member, requesting an avenue/ meeting for discussion, on e topic of ticket allocations?

There have been several significant issues raised and hey ho maybe someone at the SFA/SCC might just be trawling through the feelings from all these posts?

This is a wind up surely?

Some folk are convinced that this ticket allocation will be high with "harvesters"

Seems to me there is many, many people saying they are travelling who didn't get an official ticket, could the reason for this be that actually the whole allocation went to people travelling too?

Perhaps those who didn't get an official ticket took a risk by assuming it would go to 1/0 points and booked up.

If that's the case then they only have themselves to blame.

The SFA got more tickets than they would have had it been any other stadium or if it had been 10% of capacity which although not official any more is still round about what is mostly given and the same amount most folk on low points will be shouting for when it comes to the England allocation.

Mazziessc, harvesting goes on, highly unlikely all those who applied for a ticket will be in Malta.

Its something we are sadly going to have to accept.

I don't think its sour grapes, the committed fans who attend most games get tickets and it works in that respect and no one has an issue.

I, like a number of fans, only ever attend 2 sometimes 3 away games per campaign so usually rely on favours or home end tickets so despite being to 15 away games since I started will rarely get off one point, which I'm fine with if everyone plays the same game.

The point is people who attend a similar amount of games as me or less can find themselves in a better position without making the effort to go.

I.e. a number of people I know attended Gibraltar game away, so they have a point, if they manage to harvest one away game since that one they will have 2pts and have a have a better chance of England or another away game than me or someone else in the same boat yet not spend a dink and take time off etc like me and my friends are on a point. 

On 05/08/2016 at 10:27 PM, Malfaetheburgh said:

10%  a token gesture as usual just to say they have done it, only reason they are remaining viable is because of the England game and people renewing to get a ticket for the home game, with the price they charge and nothing in return for the £50 odd quid, total waste of money for 20,000 folk,  seems to be they are happy as long as their regulars are sorted out for tickets, total disregard for all the others who pay every two years for a crap t shirt and bit of flannel about being more than a number.

With the 10% check farce ( don't want to admit their is a harvesting problem for this game) and Malta selling other tickets for the away support, call me cynical, but looks like a carve up to keep the 7000 or so happy that are on points above 2 or 3 so they all get a Wembley ticket and not add any hassle with others getting a point from a further allocation for this game in Malta.

And that's exactly how it should be - it's the whole point of having the points system :ok:

1 hour ago, BRAVELANEY1 said:

1. Mazziessc, harvesting goes on, highly unlikely all those who applied for a ticket will be in Malta.

2. Its something we are sadly going to have to accept.

3.I don't think its sour grapes, the committed fans who attend most games get tickets and it works in that respect and no one has an issue.

4.I, like a number of fans, only ever attend 2 sometimes 3 away games per campaign so usually rely on favours or home end tickets so despite being to 15 away games since I started will rarely get off one point, which I'm fine with if everyone plays the same game.

5.The point is people who attend a similar amount of games as me or less can find themselves in a better position without making the effort to go.

6.I.e. a number of people I know attended Gibraltar game away, so they have a point, if they manage to harvest one away game since that one they will have 2pts and have a have a better chance of England or another away game than me or someone else in the same boat yet not spend a dink and take time off etc like me and my friends are on a point. 

1. I never said it doesn't happen, I said that people assume this game is particularly high.

2. We do.

3. It is.

4. Even if you had zero before the last campaign you could have had 2 or 3 points after it just by attending 2 or 3 games like you normally do. Not to mention Czech/Italy games.

5. How can they attend but not go? See 4.

6. Perhaps they went to all three games since GIB?  See 4 and 5.

Hi DD

Yes it was a bit tongue in cheek - when you think about all the costs involved in following Scotland wouldn't it be helpful if we could just raise these matters formally?

You are however probably right - don't give the masses any power!!

Anyway can't wait to hit Malta.

1 hour ago, BRAVELANEY1 said:

Mazziessc, harvesting goes on, highly unlikely all those who applied for a ticket will be in Malta.

Its something we are sadly going to have to accept.

I don't think its sour grapes, the committed fans who attend most games get tickets and it works in that respect and no one has an issue.

I, like a number of fans, only ever attend 2 sometimes 3 away games per campaign so usually rely on favours or home end tickets so despite being to 15 away games since I started will rarely get off one point, which I'm fine with if everyone plays the same game.

The point is people who attend a similar amount of games as me or less can find themselves in a better position without making the effort to go.

I.e. a number of people I know attended Gibraltar game away, so they have a point, if they manage to harvest one away game since that one they will have 2pts and have a have a better chance of England or another away game than me or someone else in the same boat yet not spend a dink and take time off etc like me and my friends are on a point. 

The last 15 away games haven't all sold out,so you have no excuse for having no points. 

If you're picking the so called glamour games to attend,then try going to some of the smaller games instead where you'll be guaranteed points. 

I haven't been to an away game since Nigeria and still have one point,so I'm sorry but saying you can't get off one point is complete and utter bullshit. 

16 minutes ago, Mazziessc said:

1. I never said it doesn't happen, I said that people assume this game is particularly high.

2. We do.

3. It is.

4. Even if you had zero before the last campaign you could have had 2 or 3 points after it just by attending 2 or 3 games like you normally do. Not to mention Czech/Italy games.

5. How can they attend but not go? See 4.

6. Perhaps they went to all three games since GIB?  See 4 and 5.

Its your opinion on the sour grapes aspect.

4 - Last campaign I didn't get a Germany ticket via SSC, secured via a player brief as unsuccessful via SSC (like this game).

5 - People can attend games without getting a point, which is my whole point (I.e. someone could have went to two away games but only got a point for Gibraltar like me), so only need to harvest one point to get on two (i.e. Potenitally this game).

6 - Perhaps they did, but perhaps they didn't, neither of us can be right here.

Essentially what I'm saying is you will have some people who will gamble on harvesting a point as the option is there and some people who genuinely do travel to games (albeit not that many) will miss out as a result when they may have got one.

But everyone knows this and of course its been done to death.

I have my ticket via Malta end so not overly gutted, will prob go to one more game (in addition to London as heading down for weekend anyway) and will either be on one or no points in two years time, which as I said is fine BUT there will be some who go to one or NO games over these two years and be on a point more.

46 minutes ago, BRAVELANEY1 said:

Its your opinion on the sour grapes aspect.

4 - Last campaign I didn't get a Germany ticket via SSC, secured via a player brief as unsuccessful via SSC (like this game).

5 - People can attend games without getting a point, which is my whole point (I.e. someone could have went to two away games but only got a point for Gibraltar like me), so only need to harvest one point to get on two (i.e. Potenitally this game).

6 - Perhaps they did, but perhaps they didn't, neither of us can be right here.

Essentially what I'm saying is you will have some people who will gamble on harvesting a point as the option is there and some people who genuinely do travel to games (albeit not that many) will miss out as a result when they may have got one.

But everyone knows this and of course its been done to death.

I have my ticket via Malta end so not overly gutted, will prob go to one more game (in addition to London as heading down for weekend anyway) and will either be on one or no points in two years time, which as I said is fine BUT there will be some who go to one or NO games over these two years and be on a point more.

I very much doubt someone that goes to no games is harvesting a point and will be ahead of you in the line. 

Friend of a friend was in our company one night moaning about harvesters, which then descended into a rant where she was getting so angry about it. Harvesters to her were worse than anything in the world.

Two years on and she currently has 1 point, gained from the Gibralter game. A match she never went to.

1 hour ago, dandydunn said:

I very much doubt someone that goes to no games is harvesting a point and will be ahead of you in the line. 

sorry but it is very possible that someone who went to one game in the last ten to my 2 (possibly 3) and harvested one ticket can be on the same points if not one more (if I dropped off one point before him or didn't manage to secure tix via SSC).

2 hours ago, dandydunn said:

The last 15 away games haven't all sold out,so you have no excuse for having no points. 

If you're picking the so called glamour games to attend,then try going to some of the smaller games instead where you'll be guaranteed points. 

I haven't been to an away game since Nigeria and still have one point,so I'm sorry but saying you can't get off one point is complete and utter bullshit. 

Your completely missing the point here, I know EXACTLY why I have one point or at times no points as I only attend two games a campaign usually and fully accept my chance of getting a ticket is going to be slim and rightly so.

My 'glamour games' over the years have included Macedonia, Belarus, Ukraine but yes as I don't travel as much I do tend to look at bigger more desirable venues that also increase a chance of a ticket.

This is more down to the people at the lower end of the scale I.e. the difference between 0-2 points and being in a position to get those tickets when you do try and travel, I am not moaning about the system in theory, just that when it comes to the one pointers being in with a chance, perhaps those actually on one/two points isn't as clear cut and that's as a result of people applying for tickets just for a point.

Bottom line, go to more games, get more points, but that's simply not possible for everyone but that's not what I'm moaning about if you read my posts correctly.

15 minutes ago, BRAVELANEY1 said:

Your completely missing the point here, I know EXACTLY why I have one point or at times no points as I only attend two games a campaign usually and fully accept my chance of getting a ticket is going to be slim and rightly so.

My 'glamour games' over the years have included Macedonia, Belarus, Ukraine but yes as I don't travel as much I do tend to look at bigger more desirable venues that also increase a chance of a ticket.

This is more down to the people at the lower end of the scale I.e. the difference between 0-2 points and being in a position to get those tickets when you do try and travel, I am not moaning about the system in theory, just that when it comes to the one pointers being in with a chance, perhaps those actually on one/two points isn't as clear cut and that's as a result of people applying for tickets just for a point.

Bottom line, go to more games, get more points, but that's simply not possible for everyone but that's not what I'm moaning about if you read my posts correctly.

I'm completely lost as to what you are moaning about here, you know the reason why you don't have enough points and its because you don't go to enough games.

You said so yourself, only you can fix that, quit trying to blame the minority who harvest an odd point here and there. In your honest opinion how many people do you believe will be harvesting from this match? I reckon about 30ish,especially with demand so high. That really isn't enough to have an effect on all those saying they missed out because of harvesters.

They missed out because they never gained enough points despite plenty of opportunity over the previous games. 

2 hours ago, BRAVELANEY1 said:

Im out. 

Your posts make no sense at all. 

Are you moaning about it,or are you not?

Seem to be doing both. 

2 hours ago, BRAVELANEY1 said:

sorry but it is very possible that someone who went to one game in the last ten to my 2 (possibly 3) and harvested one ticket can be on the same points if not one more (if I dropped off one point before him or didn't manage to secure tix via SSC).

You think there are people buying tickets for every game,in case we get a big one?

Thats frankly ridiculous. 

5 hours ago, dandydunn said:

That is incorrect.France for one was sold out.