4034 tickets - Page 11 - Malta v Scotland - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

4034 tickets

FANDABBYDOZZY

On 2 August 2016 at 7:42 PM, Glasgowmancity said:

Going by the old 10% rule - we "should have got 1700 tickets, the SFA have managed to get over twice that amount - I would say that's fairly good going.

Don't let facts get in the way of a good old SFA bashing. 

Credit where credits due 

• Replies 340
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

7 hours ago, Mazziessc said:

I'm completely lost as to what you are moaning about here, you know the reason why you don't have enough points and its because you don't go to enough games.

You said so yourself, only you can fix that, quit trying to blame the minority who harvest an odd point here and there. In your honest opinion how many people do you believe will be harvesting from this match? I reckon about 30ish,especially with demand so high. That really isn't enough to have an effect on all those saying they missed out because of harvesters.

They missed out because they never gained enough points despite plenty of opportunity over the previous games. 

You're having a go at him for not going to enough games, but defending harvesting.

I'm not having a go at anyone, he kindly pointed out in a previous post that "harvesting goes on and we just have to accept it" yet continues to moan about that the reason he didn't get a ticket is because of harvesters.

Not true, he didn't get one because he's not far enough up the points table despite plenty of opportunity to climb it. Harvesters did not stop him gaining points on all the games that went to zero pointers.

When did I say I condone harvesting?

12 hours ago, swetchymaboy said:

People going on about harvesters as if they are "criminals"..... ?

5 Year custodial sentence. Minimum.:lol:

Edited by Mazziessc

Guys, I'd like to think I'm making a point rather than over the top moaning (my various posts are more explaining rather than ranting), I'm fairly content with where I am but do think there will be some people on more points than me and others that don't travel to as many games, in fact I KNOW there are, but how many I don't know.

Mazzie, I am not solely blaming harvesters for my point situation as previously stated I know the lack of games I go to mean I will struggle for tickets, I'm merely pointing it out there is a flaw in the system that will prevent some fans who attend more games going to more in certain situations.

For example even if 10 people are on one point and managed to harvest a point for this game to the detriment of those other one pointers that travel without one as they were unsuccessful.

Its only 10 people but those 10 people will spend £100's of their hard earned cash but the 10 people who have potentially harvested a point save cash, don't travel and will be potentially be at Wembley (due to bigger allocation) and have an extra two points to boot, just a bit of a shame that's all.

Edited by BRAVELANEY1

Think harvesting is a bigger problem for friendlies rather than qualifiers.  I might be wrong but I generally don't think there will be many harvesters in Malta.  I go to all qualifiers but bar Prague in March I usually can't be ####ed with friendlies.  

16 hours ago, DoonTheSlope said:

Don't let facts get in the way of a good old SFA bashing. 

Credit where credits due 

What is it you feel they are due credit for ? How much negotiation is involved in asking for more tickets ? you either get them or you don't (ike Belgium a few years back where we got the minimum 8% because the Belgians wanted them all)  . Either way i doubt if there's much to negotiate , they'll give us more if the home fans don't want them 

6 minutes ago, tattiescone69 said:

What is it you feel they are due credit for ? How much negotiation is involved in asking for more tickets ? you either get them or you don't (ike Belgium a few years back where we got the minimum 8% because the Belgians wanted them all)  . Either way i doubt if there's much to negotiate , they'll give us more if the home fans don't want them 

They should get credit for getting us 4k from a stadium that only holds 17k.

Yes they will, but they will sell them to us through their fa at a higher rate. Although its no help for those wanting one through the sfa, it makes perfect financial sense for them to do so.

Edited by Mazziessc

5 minutes ago, tattiescone69 said:

The Belgians could have sold their stadium 3 times over that night. The tickets in home end were going for just as much as they were for the away end. I seen a group bidding for a ticket outside of the ground and last I seen it was at 250 EUR!!! Worst thing is we got beat 2-0, never had a shot on target and it was freezing!

5 hours ago, clarky1606 said:

The Belgians could have sold their stadium 3 times over that night. The tickets in home end were going for just as much as they were for the away end. I seen a group bidding for a ticket outside of the ground and last I seen it was at 250 EUR!!! Worst thing is we got beat 2-0, never had a shot on target and it was freezing!

And my Dad ended up in hospital with ligament damage to his knee the night before from that TA Party. The floor of that place was like an ice-rink.

Beer was great though!

J

What is confusing to me is that the sfa have managed to get 4k tickets and yet Malta FA realise that's not enough and are encouraging Scotland fans to buy directly from them and have allocated a Scotland section. 

I have bought a ticket in the home end so will be at the game. However I will not get the point for travelling and being there. 

I understand the point system and Agree with it. However I only rejoined the supporters club this year and because that wasn't guaranteed I did not book for the friendlies earlier in the year.

14 hours ago, Bristolhibby said:

And my Dad ended up in hospital with ligament damage to his knee the night before from that TA Party. The floor of that place was like an ice-rink.

Beer was great though!

J

Eventful trip for your crowd then! Thankfully I don't think I was at that TA Party. I did see the Tartan Specials play in an Irish Bar down off the bottom of the main square... and don't think they've played an away game since :lol:

Aye the beer was quality! I made the mistake of asking for a "light beer" on the morning of the game after 2 nights on the heavy stuff and was handed a 9% bottle of Duvel. My 2nd mistake was asking why this was deemed "light"... it turns out the beer we had been drinking on tap for the last 2 nights was 14% :beer2:

6 hours ago, clarky1606 said:

Eventful trip for your crowd then! Thankfully I don't think I was at that TA Party. I did see the Tartan Specials play in an Irish Bar down off the bottom of the main square... and don't think they've played an away game since :lol:

Aye the beer was quality! I made the mistake of asking for a "light beer" on the morning of the game after 2 nights on the heavy stuff and was handed a 9% bottle of Duvel. My 2nd mistake was asking why this was deemed "light"... it turns out the beer we had been drinking on tap for the last 2 nights was 14% :beer2:

Yip, early morning taxi to casualty in a foreign country. Dad ended up on diasapan and crutches.

Fenced his ticket (harvester! I think not), then met up with MadMurphy and left the old man in the pub opposite our hotel.

Fringe benefit was the BA Heathrow cripple cart taking us from the air bridge, straight through passport control and out to our bus stop.

J

Pick up as well, anyone know where pick up was for Italy game day before the game?

Think ahh avoid pick up at stadium if I can don't want pick up like Faro outside stadium