4034 tickets - Page 12 - Malta v Scotland - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

4034 tickets

FANDABBYDOZZY

• Replies 340
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

5 hours ago, Dunty said:

People saying a 100% pick up isn't possible.

Maybe not for an allocation this high, but England are doing 100% pick up in Slovakia. Apparently that's the norm for all their away games.

No it's not!

Work beside a few P00fland supporters and it's not the norm.

5 hours ago, Dunty said:

Maybe not for an allocation this high, but England are doing 100% pick up in Slovakia. Apparently that's the norm for all their away games.

They are 100% pick up because of their fan behaviour at recent away games. An attempt at preventing known trouble makers from attending. It will last a game or two no doubt. 

Edited by Mazziessc

6 hours ago, Dunty said:

I do not think its the norm for their away games, but I beleive that they have to get the bar code on their membership card scanned at the game in ordered to receive their point for the match or something like that.

2 hours ago, wanderer said:

I do not think its the norm for their away games, but I beleive that they have to get the bar code on their membership card scanned at the game in ordered to receive their point for the match or something like that.

Not sure if it's the norm or not but it certainly unusual, from speaking to England fans that I know I've heard them talk about having to "sign in" at away games.  A key difference though is that they have more than one location you can do that and they certainly used to have locations organised by the England fans - Mark Perryman's lot, whatever they are called - as well as the FA.

However, England's reasons for doing this are very different from ours, their primary objective is ensuring that tickets don't fall into the wrong hands, a problem thankfully we don't have.  

1 minute ago, aaid said:

Not sure if it's the norm or not but it certainly unusual, from speaking to England fans that I know I've heard them talk about having to "sign in" at away games.  A key difference though is that they have more than one location you can do that and they certainly used to have locations organised by the England fans - Mark Perryman's lot, whatever they are called - as well as the FA.

However, England's reasons for doing this are very different from ours, their primary objective is ensuring that tickets don't fall into the wrong hands, a problem thankfully we don't have.  

Met a England fan who travels all over with them at a Pars v Aberdeen game many years ago, and way he described it was, there is "sign in" locations across the city of the game, but usually there is staff at the ground with a hand held scanner who take your card details as you walk into the ground.

10 hours ago, Dunty said:

They chose around 5,000 tickets to get collected for Wembley. They are more than capable of doing a 100% but by doing that they can't charge extortionate prices for delivery 

27 minutes ago, DoonTheSlope said:

They chose around 5,000 tickets to get collected for Wembley. They are more than capable of doing a 100% but by doing that they can't charge extortionate prices for delivery 

Blame the Royal Mail for that, not the SSC.

10 hours ago, neilypiece said:

No it's not!

Work beside a few P00fland supporters and it's not the norm.

According to this, it says "as per all England away matches, all tickets will be collection only in Slovakia...."

https://englandsupporters.thefa.com/b/news/archive/2016/08/08/ticket-collection-details-for-slovakia-v-england

Maybe it's a new thing from now on?

13 hours ago, deecie said:

Of which about 90% goes to the Royal Mail.

They also offer a free collection service, yet you still moan.

Not sure where you get 90% from. Royal Mail website suggests £1.74. SSC's significant mark up here is another reason why I think they always try to get the highest ticket allocation for away games, including Malta where they achieved almost a quarter of the stadium. Can't complain about ticket allocation, can complain about the special delivery surcharge.

54 minutes ago, Willie Miller's tache said:

Not sure where you get 90% from. Royal Mail website suggests £1.74. SSC's significant mark up here is another reason why I think they always try to get the highest ticket allocation for away games, including Malta where they achieved almost a quarter of the stadium. Can't complain about ticket allocation, can complain about the special delivery surcharge.

No it doesn't, it's £6.45.

3 hours ago, Willie Miller's tache said:

Yes. Off course we can complain about the postage costs. We get charged more than enough for our memberships and they try and pass it off as a fantastic deal because we get a shitey polo shirt

31 minutes ago, DoonTheSlope said:

Yes. Off course we can complain about the postage costs. We get charged more than enough for our memberships and they try and pass it off as a fantastic deal because we get a shitey polo shirt

Is it ok to complain about my membership money being used to subsidise your postage costs?