Rob Shorthouse - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Rob Shorthouse

Ally Bongo

Has anyone yet to see this despicable rat's video's yet ?

Bought and paid for English gold right enough

I would like to think fvckers like this will be shunned when Scotland does become Independent. 

Having a political opinion is one thing but this is completely different

Apologies

Not TA specific - regardless of his previous employment in the SFA

Maybe a Mod could move it to anything goes

I think Better Together were a shambles and lost support for the union.  But at the end of the day they won.

I honestly think Yes played a blinder and there's not an awful lot more they could have done.  Currency won more than it lost.  It didn't lose the vote.  Perhaps the only thing was overly positive.  But any downside would have been screamed to high heaven by the media.

A majority just couldn't quite allow themselves to risk what they thought they had for another future.  But it'll come some day.  I genuinely believe in the majority want but may not risk it theory.  

Edited by PapofGlencoe

5 hours ago, Orraloon said:

Was he not just doing the job he was paid to do?

Aye some job

Would you like a few hundred thousand to be a Judas

3 hours ago, Return of Yermaw said:

why is he akin to Judas Iscariot? what person or cause did he previously befriend or support that he then immediately betrayed?

Seriously ?

You did watch the videos ?

He is not trying to win arguments through political discourse

He is trying to win arguments through manipulation almost akin to subliminal messaging

56 minutes ago, Ally Bongo said:

Seriously ?

He is trying to win arguments through manipulation almost akin to subliminal messaging

That's what these folk do. It's their job. He tried to do it to Scotland football supporters as well, but he soon realised that we were too smart for him.;)

Do you think the YES side didn't have folk trying to do similar stuff? 

1 hour ago, Orraloon said:

That's what these folk do. It's their job. He tried to do it to Scotland football supporters as well, but he soon realised that we were too smart for him.;)

Do you think the YES side didn't have folk trying to do similar stuff? 

Nope

Setting up banks of people on twitter to immediately respond negatively to anything said by Salmond, Sturgeon or Jenkins regardless of whether it was true ?

Not Shorthouse related - but i dont think the Yes side had people phoning pensioners telling them they were going to lose their state pension either

Just a collection of dirty tricks

Edited by Ally Bongo

2 hours ago, Ally Bongo said:

Seriously ?

okay but again how does that make him similar to Judas Iscariot? it is a betrayal if he was committed to the other side beforehand and then acted in a duplicitous manner.

Edited by Return of Yermaw

8 minutes ago, Return of Yermaw said:

okay but again how does that make him similar to Judas Iscariot? it is a betrayal if he was committed to the other side beforehand and then acted in a duplicitous manner.

You can either see it or you cant

3 minutes ago, Ally Bongo said:

You can either see it or you cant

if he didn't support independence before then you cant refer to him as Judas Iscariot. Only if you don't actually know the story of Judas Iscariot (as seems to be the case) would you be able to see any similarity. for the sake of clarity, he was one of Jesus' 12 disciples who betrayed him for 30 pieces of silver........

I must have dreamt this or have offically gone doo-lalay, but I thought there was a quote from Braveheart around the lines of "How can I be loyal when England is foreign to me".

I would have taken that line and swung it around to half-jokingly say the same thing about Shorthouse but replace it with Scotland (he is a Gers man after all). 

Anyhoos, the video itself. I wouldn't get upset about it. Scotland will be independent. Slowly, yearly by year, the union continues to crumble - the Labour party will be extinct in fifteen years. They are an utter irrelevance on the grand scheme of things. Yessers need to keep the heid, and not post up shitey GIFs or blame previous No voters. 

If you watch the video, you'll notice that a netural room in Austria isn't exactly inspired or excited by the speech. They proabbly, like many Europeans we must have all met after the Indyref or when discussing it, just felt sorrow for him/us.

He did what he was paid to do,  despicable as it was... 

The NO side had no argument, it only had fear and deflection..

Here is a wee question  if YES asked him to join the next campaign would you be happy, he has a successful record..

A difficult one 

12 minutes ago, stocky said:

He did what he was paid to do,  despicable as it was... 

The NO side had no argument, it only had fear and deflection..

Here is a wee question  if YES asked him to join the next campaign would you be happy, he has a successful record..

A difficult one 

Not a difficult one at all.  He shouldn't be anywhere near it.  He's a dick.  He was a dick when he was at the SFA before he went to Better Together and he's still a dick. 

Classic example of rewriting history and applying the principles he now realises would've been successful retrospectively. Basically he's trying to tell us what they did to ensure their success in a way that makes it sound like they were running a beautifully organised, slick, perfect campaign and knew exactly what they were doing at all times when the opposite is true. It only sounds convincing because they scraped a win.

Its like a bad project manager who couldn't run a bath and who oversaw a complete and utter shambles, but the skill and dedication of the workers on the floor ensured deadlines were miraculously hit. Bad project manager then takes all the credit and tells the world all about how he ran a hugely successful project with all the theory he could now muster using 20/20 hindsight. Lord knows I've seen that more than once!

Edited by DaveyDenoon

17 minutes ago, DaveyDenoon said:

Classic example of rewriting history and applying the principles he now realises would've been successful retrospectively. Basically he's trying to tell us what they did to ensure their success in a way that makes it sound like they were running a beautifully organised, slick, perfect campaign and knew exactly what they were doing at all times when the opposite is true. It only sounds convincing because they scraped a win.

Spot on, I suspect if he tried to give that presentation to audience more au faith with the campaign he'd be laughed off the stage.

He keeps going on about one of the two planks of the campaign being "and more powers" but the "more powers" angle only started to take shape in the last few weeks of the campaign once they started to get desperate.  It certainly wasn't their starting point, remember how Cameron refused point blank to have Devo Max on the ballot paper.

I'd recommend reading Project Fear for an insight into how a Better Together was run.  

The only thing they managed to do was have a huge advantage, conspire to throw that advantage away and hang on by their finger nails. It's not really something I would be bragging about and as others have said, he's just putting a spin on it after the fact. An absolute cluster#### of a campaign and what would be far more interesting would be to have had someone follow up right after him with a presentation on how their campaign really went - material straight out of the Project Fear book would be ideal.

That said, it's a bit naive to criticism them for what is pretty standard social media management in modern politics. Anyone who doesn't think Yes Scotland employed banks of social media users, or that the SNP don't currently do exactly the same is way behind the curve. It's how politics is done these days. Sure, question the quality of what they share/tweet, but it's the front line in getting a message out there quickly even if it's to raise doubts about claim and counter claim.

Brass neck going out and cashing in on that campaign though. If I somehow found myself in that position and having to see it through, I'd be thankful it was over and hope I didn't have to speak about it again.

On 7/28/2016 at 8:01 PM, DaveyDenoon said:

...Its like a bad project manager who couldn't run a bath and who oversaw a complete and utter shambles, but the skill and dedication of the workers on the floor ensured deadlines were miraculously hit. Bad project manager then takes all the credit and tells the world all about how he ran a hugely successful project with all the theory he could now muster using 20/20 hindsight. Lord knows I've seen that more than once!

Usually every job seems to be like this. Project managers are complete fanni es