Novo signs for Glens - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

17 minutes ago, vanderark14 said:

I opened the thread as I had no idea who the glens are

No I am thinking................................who cares?

You could add the comment "who cares" to 90% of the threads on this forum. Great imput thanks

14 minutes ago, UlsterScot said:

You could add the comment "who cares" to 90% of the threads on this forum. Great imput thanks

Your initial post sums up pretty well your intent with this thread. Sad and petty and much more fitting on Rangers media where other brain dead dafties are more numerous  

1 hour ago, Parklife said:

Your initial post sums up pretty well your intent with this thread. Sad and petty and much more fitting on Rangers media where other brain dead dafties are more numerous  

His name would sum up his intent pretty well too.

13 hours ago, DoonTheSlope said:

I always though Glentoran were the cafflick team in NI. A bigoted Celtic cünt I used to work with has been to a few of their games 

Glentoran are from East Belfast and the vast majority of their fans are Protestant. Cliftonville would be the only club with a majority of Catholic fans and even then they hijacked the club when Belfast Celtic went belly up. 

Derby games are Blues/Glentoran,    Crusaders/Cliftonville, Portadown/Glenavon, Coleraine/Ballymena, Larne/Ballymena

Glentoran are the 2nd biggest club in NI but given their financial position I don't think Novo will be on too much money. Gone are the days in Irish League players getting big big money although Linfield, Cliftonville and Crusaders can still pay decent wages. 

Paddy McCourt and Roy Carroll have signed for Glenavon and Linfield respectively so it would appear that there is some money available. 

Me, the wife and her two Motherwell supporting Uncles were in the Glentoran Supporters Club a month or two ago (the night of the France v Scotland game) and the people were really pleasant. The resident DJ didn't play any naughty songs either.

I've been to the Oval on many occasions and never heard anything sectarian being said or sung. It might be a different matter if Cliftonville are the visitors but Kilmarnock? 

Didnt think football games were allowed on the 12 July either due to it being a public holiday and police resources being stretched. 

1 hour ago, thewolf_1980 said:

Me, the wife and her two Motherwell supporting Uncles were in the Glentoran Supporters Club a month or two ago (the night of the France v Scotland game) and the people were really pleasant. The resident DJ didn't play any naughty songs either.

I'm confused, is this a positive or negative review here?