Ever Suspected Players Of Posting On Forums ? - Page 2 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Ever Suspected Players Of Posting On Forums ?

Kevin Thomas (Hearts, St Johnstone) used to post on here years ago. He was often touting for business for a travel company as I remember it. I got his bus that ran to Minsk from Vilnius for the Belarus game, as did an earlier poster in this thread if I'm not mistaken.

7 hours ago, Pool Q said:

Kevin Thomas (Hearts, St Johnstone) used to post on here years ago. He was often touting for business for a travel company as I remember it. I got his bus that ran to Minsk from Vilnius for the Belarus game, as did an earlier poster in this thread if I'm not mistaken.

Was he the guy caught snorting coke with George O'boyle?

7 hours ago, Pool Q said:

You mean Kevin "Do You Know Who I Am" Thomas?

14 hours ago, Brassrubber said:

Was on Kevins Minsk trip and the famous Odessa to Moldova trip great times 

I was on the Odessa trip with Kevin.  Great apart from football as usual. And geting mugged by polis. Nightclub in Odessa was massive.  Reminded me of Night Magic in Dunfermline.  Scary place with no lights.  Foud Kevin to be a good lad.  Think he is in Spain now and married.

Was that the one across from the hotel that we got to re open when we arrived  at 2.30am to find the hotel bar closed and Davy from Dundee negotiated with the nightclub and it stayed open till 9 in the morning ?

The Paladium in town was brilliant despite the No guns or grenades sign at the door and the body scanner to get in which didnt seem to apply to the mafia 

Taxi drivers who ignored red lights at crossroads and mounted pavements the fact that you could buy a crocodile at the market the list of memories from that trip is endless

1 hour ago, Brassrubber said:

Was that the one across from the hotel that we got to re open when we arrived  at 2.30am to find the hotel bar closed and Davy from Dundee negotiated with the nightclub and it stayed open till 9 in the morning ?

The Paladium in town was brilliant despite the No guns or grenades sign at the door and the body scanner to get in which didnt seem to apply to the mafia 

Taxi drivers who ignored red lights at crossroads and mounted pavements the fact that you could buy a crocodile at the market the list of memories from that trip is endless

Aye, just across road.  But it was Sean from Dingwall that got us in.  I went over with him first and he negotiated with the local mafia boss.  He told me to stay there and he came back wi all you guys.  What a nite.  Sean has recently taken over the Mallard in Dingwall.  When we were going across the Moldovan border kevin was taking ages negotiating with the guards.  I went out with some vodka and explained to the first guy in a uniform we were in danger of missing kick off and offered him some vodka.  After 20 minutes Kevin came back out and asked what I was doing.  Turns out the guy with the uniform was the bus driver.  Worst drive back from anywhere in the world.  Happy days though. 

14 hours ago, Fermer said:

I went out with some vodka and explained to the first guy in a uniform we were in danger of missing kick off and offered him some vodka... Turns out the guy with the uniform was the bus driver.  

:lol: 

He did seem to be quite a nice guy to be fair. Had a long chat with him when the bus stopped at some bar in the middle of nowhere not long after crossing into Belarus on the way to Minsk. I had actually met (if that's the right word) him and his then (I guess) girlfriend at a pub in the New Town a few years before the Belarus trip. It was early evening but they were both already very, very drunk, and he challenged me to a game of pool. His girlfriend was wearing a very short skirt and stood behind the pocket that I was aiming at whenever I was lining up a shot, using what you could say was a unique way of distracting me. I still beat him mind.

4 hours ago, Pool Q said:

He did seem to be quite a nice guy to be fair. Had a long chat with him when the bus stopped at some bar in the middle of nowhere not long after crossing into Belarus on the way to Minsk. I had actually met (if that's the right word) him and his then (I guess) girlfriend at a pub in the New Town a few years before the Belarus trip. It was early evening but they were both already very, very drunk, and he challenged me to a game of pool. His girlfriend was wearing a very short skirt and stood behind the pocket that I was aiming at whenever I was lining up a shot, using what you could say was a unique way of distracting me. I still beat him mind.

Aye, I had a good chat with him about why he took the drugs etc. He showed me his knee and it had some fecking scars on it.  He was out for a long time at st johnstone and he said the money and boredom got better of him.  I went to see him play with Boness United and you could see the bit of class he had.  Thick as mince though, hope he disny post on here!!  If you do sorry Kevin.  I told him if you put your ear to his ear you could hear the sea.  You only take folk as you meet them and I thought he was a good guy.  He got some hassle on the Odessa trip and think that put him off.  By the way I went over to the nightclub on the monday night and it was shut.  Looked around in the dark and bunch of locals staring at me.  Thought I was a goner then two polis turned up.  They robbed me.  Try explaining that to direct line when you get home.  First thing they asked is if I reported it to police!!

As Pool Q says, Kevin was a really nice guy (as was his father). I slept a wee bit over and he took the bus back for me, which I'm eternally grateful of. 

That stop we had just over the border was unreal. I had no currency and borrowed the equivalent of £1 or so but still managed to buy 5 packets of fags and a few beer.