Gatwick to Vienna (Sun 9th dep 15:40) - transport to Bratislava - Slovakia v Scotland - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Gatwick to Vienna (Sun 9th dep 15:40) - transport to Bratislava

TartanTokyo

Two of us on the Gatwick to Vienna flight on the Sunday. Departing 15:40, arriving 18:50.

Were planning on taking a bus to Bratislava but on flix.com just now and we'd have to wait until 20:45 for the next departure. SUre there are other options but if there is anyone on the same flight who'd be up for taking a taxi then PM me. 

Two more and a standard taxi would be 50 to 60 Euros or an 8 seater would be 79 Euros. Bigger options available with price on inquiry.

Cheers

Russell

I think they may well be. The flixbus.com service is pretty regular but after a long day travelling, I wasn't keen on the 90 minute wait for the next service after we land. May be other services but possibly the timetables haven't been posted yet. To be fair, I haven't spent long searching.

Still, if there are 8 of us on the same flight then a taxi would make sense at 10 euro each.

• 2 months later...

Bump.

If anyone is on this flight and if it is indeed a +90 minute wait for a bus to Bratislava then drop me a PM if you fancy sharing a cab.

Also, we are on the 11:05 BA flight from Glasgow to London City. Just two of us so will probably just transfer to Gatwick on public transport (4 trains). Again, if others doing the same then may be worth sharing a taxi.

19 minutes ago, Donaldo87 said:

On these flights. Any idea how much a taxi is from city to gatwick? 4 (might drop to 3) of us doing this route.

Staying in Vienna on the Sunday though. 

You're probably cheaper flying via Dublin than getting a taxi.

36 minutes ago, Donaldo87 said:

On these flights. Any idea how much a taxi is from city to gatwick? 4 (might drop to 3) of us doing this route.

I'll get a quote for a 6 or 7 seater. Can also look at uber when we land as that will be the cheapest by far. Failing that we can hop on the trains.

On 8/1/2016 at 2:21 PM, TartanTokyo said:

I think they may well be. The flixbus.com service is pretty regular but after a long day travelling, I wasn't keen on the 90 minute wait for the next service after we land. May be other services but possibly the timetables haven't been posted yet. To be fair, I haven't spent long searching.

Still, if there are 8 of us on the same flight then a taxi would make sense at 10 euro each.

Student Agency bus at 7pm, 8pm, and 9 pm. 5 euros each way.
https://www.regiojet.sk/

1 hour ago, Donaldo87 said:

Quoted £80 for a 6 seater with private hire firm. Cheapest train route is £7.60 up to £23 if using gatwick express.

Why would you have a 90 minute wait?

Here are all the bus connections:-

http://www.viennaairport.com/en/passengers/arrival__parking/bus_connections

The Slovak Lines ones shows buses running hourly to Bratislava. That's the connection I plan to use as the bus station it comes into is in Bratislava is only a short distance from my hotel.