Dugs - Page 3 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Sorry ormond, can't quote your post and reply but just wanted to say she looks great, lovely colouring. Best thing is that no matter how many people pee you off or how many you pee off your dog will always love you and greet you like a long lost friend even if you're only coming in from putting the bins out.  

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

27 minutes ago, G-Man said:

Sorry ormond, can't quote your post and reply but just wanted to say she looks great, lovely colouring. Best thing is that no matter how many people pee you off or how many you pee off your dog will always love you and greet you like a long lost friend even if you're only coming in from putting the bins out.  

Had her out for her first pint yesterday. She was better behaved than the punters. :cheers3:

28 minutes ago, Ormond said:

Had her out for her first pint yesterday. She was better behaved than the punters. :cheers3:

Just realised that your 'what to do with friend' problem is solved,  long walks with pal with the excuse of training your dog. Or if he's not at work for long hours persuade him to rehome a dog. He'll not be able to sit around moping as he'll have to walk him/her, he'll meet other people outside his old 'couple' pals and maybe even meet a new pal who'll take him to the pictures.

;)

Plus it'll be a pal for Alba and you can look after each other dogs when you're on holiday. 

Jings I'm on fire tonight. I'm away to sort out Syria. 

Edited by G-Man

13 minutes ago, G-Man said:

Just realised that your 'what to do with friend' problem is solved,  long walks with pal with the excuse of training your dog. Or if he's not at work for long hours persuade him to rehome a dog. He'll not be able to sit around moping as he'll have to walk him/her, he'll meet other people outside his old 'couple' pals and maybe even meet a new pal who'll take him to the pictures.

;)

Plus it'll be a pal for Alba and you can look after each other dogs when you're on holiday. 

Jings I'm on fire tonight. I'm away to sort out Syria. 

I already suggested that to him but his work has him sometimes flying to San-Francisco for a couple of days at a time. A pet is no good for him. Alba will have to make do with the local drunks as pals. 

On 7/31/2016 at 4:29 PM, phart said:

Ridgeback's

Great dogs -see a lot of them in South Africa 

I'm last person to be frightened byy dogs, and always get freindly with dogs, that their owners normally advise are hostile to people 

anyway - got bitten by a ridgeback in march, the fecker  - although owner is happy dog bites strangers due to theft prevention ..... 

Taking the dug to the Detroit Highland Games this weekend. They are the oldest games in the states, held annually for 160 odd years. Seemingly very big. Dugs are welcome at it. Should be fun. My hotel is a dug friendly type.

Dog sitting for a Labrador. C'mon how stupid are they, it attempted to eat tin foil that some nan bread had been cooked in, ff's it even preferred it to the biscuits I'm supposed to feed it (which don't look like what a dog should eat). Seemed to like square sausage, though. Confused?

On 06/08/2016 at 6:10 PM, Eisegerwind said:

Dog sitting for a Labrador. C'mon how stupid are they, it attempted to eat tin foil that some nan bread had been cooked in, ff's it even preferred it to the biscuits I'm supposed to feed it (which don't look like what a dog should eat). Seemed to like square sausage, though. Confused?

Dry food is shite for dogs in general. 

We had our dog Alba for nearly 14 years, took no well over the last couple of weeks, not eating, drinking loads of water, went to vet who said he had diabetes, the vet gave us insulin to give him twice a day and said he should be back to normal by the weekend, still never ate for the next 3 days, took him back to vet on Friday, left him there for 6 hours so they could monitor him and give him fluids, we collected him and vet said to prepare for the worst and if we wanted we could leave him overnight, we decided to take him home and  would bring him back in the morning,my wife stayed up all night giving some fluids every hour, he was struggling to breathe, when we arrived at vet I asked could we sit in car until the vet was ready to see him, he died in my wife's arms 20 minutes later, 

4 minutes ago, 86glebestreet said:

We had our dog Alba for nearly 14 years, took no well over the last couple of weeks, not eating, drinking loads of water, went to vet who said he had diabetes, the vet gave us insulin to give him twice a day and said he should be back to normal by the weekend, still never ate for the next 3 days, took him back to vet on Friday, left him there for 6 hours so they could monitor him and give him fluids, we collected him and vet said to prepare for the worst and if we wanted we could leave him overnight, we decided to take him home and  would bring him back in the morning,my wife stayed up all night giving some fluids every hour, he was struggling to breathe, when we arrived at vet I asked could we sit in car until the vet was ready to see him, he died in my wife's arms 20 minutes later, 

:( Sorry to hear.

So sorry to hear Glebe but I hope you can take at least a little comfort in the fact Alba died surrounded by love. As hunchy said they are a member of the family and are loved as such. My dog had a best pal who I walked nearly every day and when he moved away with his family Kimmy went a bit funny and took to going into bushes at park and just lying there and staring at park gate. I'm sure she was just waiting for him to appear, heartbreaking to watch and took about 10 days but she eventually started walking in and around park as normal. Hopefully your other dog with start to cope without her pal soon. X

7 hours ago, G-Man said:

So sorry to hear Glebe but I hope you can take at least a little comfort in the fact Alba died surrounded by love. As hunchy said they are a member of the family and are loved as such. My dog had a best pal who I walked nearly every day and when he moved away with his family Kimmy went a bit funny and took to going into bushes at park and just lying there and staring at park gate. I'm sure she was just waiting for him to appear, heartbreaking to watch and took about 10 days but she eventually started walking in and around park as normal. Hopefully your other dog with start to cope without her pal soon. X

Thanks

• 4 months later...