Scottish Challenge Cup - Page 2 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Scottish Challenge Cup

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

17 hours ago, dandydunn said:

I'm hearing a very dodgy goal was allowed to stand for Aberdeen. 

Linesman will remain nameless. 

:rollsmile:

First goal was a really fast break.

Rumours are Dave was still at the halfway line eating a pie.

7 hours ago, glasgow jock said:

We (Clyde) might be in a wee bit of bother as we played mainly our (rather pish under 20 lads) last night - really wish we had a Euro Lottery multi-millionaire who supported the Bully Wee !!!

Ye should get one!  It's brilliant :lol:

In fairness, apart from Fergus McCann,  they are probably the most heid-screwed-oan "investors" in Scottish football for many a day. 

I'm well out-of-the-know these days, but I don't think they've spent one penny on the first team with their money.   Although when the young boys come through,  that's when they'll receive the return of investment - as fans and being proud as fukk.   

When I quote investors;  I guess they are investing in their personal life and making it better by Thistle being better - fine by me and many thousand of other fans and taxi drivers :) 

12 hours ago, OLAS said:

Ye should get one!  It's brilliant :lol:

In fairness, apart from Fergus McCann,  they are probably the most heid-screwed-oan "investors" in Scottish football for many a day. 

I'm well out-of-the-know these days, but I don't think they've spent one penny on the first team with their money.   Although when the young boys come through,  that's when they'll receive the return of investment - as fans and being proud as fukk.   

When I quote investors;  I guess they are investing in their personal life and making it better by Thistle being better - fine by me and many thousand of other fans and taxi drivers :) 

I'm pretty jealous to be honest - although when we eventually get out of this fckn dreadfull league (I have a feeling this could be our year) then watch out Thistle, we are coming to get you :lol:

• 2 weeks later...
North Section
Alloa Athletic v East Fife
Brechin City v Dunfermline Athletic
Dundee United v Peterhead
Turriff United v Hibernian
Falkirk v Elgin City
Forfar Athletic v Raith Rovers

South Section
Queen of the South v Stenhousemuir
Stranraer v Dumbarton
Livingston v Celtic Colts
Albion Rovers v St Mirren
Ayr United v Airdrieonians
Queen's Park v Morton

• 6 months later...
3 hours ago, Toepoke said:

Can't see anything official yet but the rumours are the final will be at Fir Park on Saturday 25th March.

That's the day before the Scotland Slovenia game, glad they are playing it on the Saturday.  Means a better attendance than playing it on a Sunday like they usually do.

Hopefully Motherwell make a skin off it, but it's not a great lay out as a neutral venue.

The east stand (opposite main) only has one entrance/exit at the same end as the cooper stand(so can't be shared), so I'd imagine one team will get those two and the other stuck behind the goal in the away stand with the main stand split.

Would be a slight advantage to have the "home end"

1 hour ago, sbcmfc said:

Hopefully Motherwell make a skin off it, but it's not a great lay out as a neutral venue.

The east stand (opposite main) only has one entrance/exit at the same end as the cooper stand(so can't be shared), so I'd imagine one team will get those two and the other stuck behind the goal in the away stand with the main stand split.

Would be a slight advantage to have the "home end"

Just to be clear nothing against the ground just the location.

24 minutes ago, sbcmfc said:

Aye was just commenting on the practical aspect.

On a plus note, the pitch is looking great! (Possibly a factor in the decision?)

Good to hear, added to that tynecastle is being resurfaced. Still think east end park would have done, plus it's a championship team too.

21 minutes ago, ShedTA said:

Maybe but let's face it, the football in the final won't be pretty! :lol:

Speak for yer own team. If you'd watched the second half of our game against TNS you could've been forgiven for thinking you were watching Brazil. :P