NFL Thread 2016/17 - Page 6 - Other Sports - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

NFL Thread 2016/17

The Giant

1 hour ago, Ally Bongo said:

We clearly have a different interpretation of "dominant"

I think we do. You don't have to beat teams by 20 points to be dominant IMO. 

• Replies 411
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

39 minutes ago, Parklife said:

I think we do. You don't have to beat teams by 20 points to be dominant IMO. 

Yeah, that is a good point. But there doesn't have to be a dominant team every year and this Dallas team does not stack up against other teams of the past.

I don't think there are any standout teams this year, which makes it interesting. In the AFC the Pats look decent, Raiders also look good, Chiefs and Broncos can beat anyone, Dolphins / Ravens / Steelers / Texans / Titans could all potentially win four of their last five to go into the playoffs on a hot streak. Dallas look good in the NFC but then there's a gap to a whole bunch Giants / Lions / Vikings / Bucs / Falcons / Seahawks. Again you've got to expect one or two to go on a hot streak before the playoffs.

Not saw it but sounds like a poor performance from Dallas last night. Understandable to an extent on the road to a decent side, at the end of 3 games in 12 days. 

I fear the winning run may come to an end next week in New York though. 

37 minutes ago, Parklife said:

Not saw it but sounds like a poor performance from Dallas last night. Understandable to an extent on the road to a decent side, at the end of 3 games in 12 days. 

I fear the winning run may come to an end next week in New York though. 

Nah - think it was just one of those games where Dallas were in a no win situation with regards performance expectation up against a banged up vikings team

I have been saying all along the Giants are way overrated - If they didnt have Beckham they would be nothing

All depends if Dallas just want to coast to the playoffs and avoid injuries

Gronkowski out for the rest of the season

Maybe the stars are aligning for Dallas after all ....... but i still think it is now, even more, wide open.

As an aside the Joe McKnight story has grown arms and legs

Shooter was white and Joe was unarmed

Shooter remained at the scene but was later released by Police and not charged

Louisiana has Stand Your Ground laws so i assume some sort of self defence is the alibi

Absolutely mental

3 hours ago, Ally Bongo said:

Some Snow games today :)

(Maybe it's a sign of what's coming our way this winter)

Thick snow fell where I am today. First snow of the year. Although, it's never as bad on the lakefront at Soldier Field. I'm 20 miles inland from it.

On 12/4/2016 at 4:34 PM, Ally Bongo said:

Some Snow games today :)

(Maybe it's a sign of what's coming our way this winter)

Hopefully there's no play-off games in Green Bay (or even elsewhere featuring the Packers) this year. 

On 12/4/2016 at 7:56 PM, Ormond said:

Thick snow fell where I am today. First snow of the year. Although, it's never as bad on the lakefront at Soldier Field. I'm 20 miles inland from it.

Don't think we'll be worrying about Chicago snow in the play-offs this year :P 

7 hours ago, Parklife said:

Aye, I know. What little I know about Yank fitba' you could write on a stamp, but I know the Bears are horsedung. :lol:

20 hours ago, Parklife said:

Hopefully there's no play-off games in Green Bay (or even elsewhere featuring the Packers) this year. 

Don't think there will be Packers need to win all 4 games left including beating Detroit in Detroit and hope Detroit lose 1 more other game aside from that.  For us, it will be over on Sunday as I don't think we can beat the Seahawks at home, far to tough a game considering injuries we have in our defense the now I think it will be to tough to stop Rawls and Russell Wilson running the ball which is our problem stopping the running game, Rob Kelley destroyed us 2 weeks ago when we played the Redskins

34 minutes ago, Geed said:

Don't think there will be Packers need to win all 4 games left including beating Detroit in Detroit and hope Detroit lose 1 more other game aside from that.  For us, it will be over on Sunday as I don't think we can beat the Seahawks at home, far to tough a game considering injuries we have in our defense the now I think it will be to tough to stop Rawls and Russell Wilson running the ball which is our problem stopping the running game, Rob Kelley destroyed us 2 weeks ago when we played the Redskins

Don't think you'll have to win all 4. Detroit have to go to both Dallas and the NY Giants. 

20 hours ago, Parklife said:

Plenty of other contenders for Snow game playoffs though - New England, Pittsburgh, Baltimore, KC, Denver, Detroit. Although I may have included a dome in there by accident...

On ‎07‎/‎12‎/‎2016 at 1:04 PM, Parklife said:

Don't think you'll have to win all 4. Detroit have to go to both Dallas and the NY Giants. 

Yeah but Dallas probably won the division and conference by then and they will start resting players up, taking it easy.  Think that's a win for Lions in Dallas tbh, Giants agree will beat them though and we have to beat them as well.  Sunday's game is massive for Green Bay, could be first time in years we haven't even made the play offs.

No doubting that Colin Kaepernick will get his mojo back today and look better than Joe Montana against the Jets after being horseshit all season

Edited by Ally Bongo

2 hours ago, Parklife said:

Fecking Giants :( 

The Giants are a bad team so (after the recent Cowboy performances) i am assuming Dallas are trying to get to the playoffs unscathed

32 minutes ago, Ally Bongo said:

The Giants are a bad team so (after the recent Cowboy performances) i am assuming Dallas are trying to get to the playoffs unscathed

I've only caught the highlights but it looked like the Giants defence played like the best defence in the league (which they probably are) and Prescott had his worst game to date. 

A Dallas field goal attempt which struck the cross bar and bounced back is the difference between the teams. 

Green Bay, Seattle and the Giants are the 3 teams i'd like Dallas not to have to meet again, even with home field advantage. So a Dallas win combined with the Lions taking out the Giants next week would be pleasing. I can't see anything other than the Packers going unbeaten to end the season. I can see them winning in Dallas in the NFC Championship game as the Dallas defence has no chance of stopping an on form Rodgers. 

8 hours ago, Parklife said:

I've only caught the highlights but it looked like the Giants defence played like the best defence in the league (which they probably are) and Prescott had his worst game to date. 

A Dallas field goal attempt which struck the cross bar and bounced back is the difference between the teams. 

Honestly they are distinctly average and im loathed to bum up the Cowboys but if they were to meet the Giants again at Jerryworld then it will be a totally different game.

There were rumours Dallas would be resting players and were trying to protect Prescott and despite the denials and everyone starting there is no smoke without fire.

What Dallas have done is make WFAN and Francesa unlistenable with all the Giants fans phoning in to say how great they are when it's been patently obvious they are not

20 hours ago, Ally Bongo said:

Can you believe the Jets just did me for an £85 treble by taking the Niners -3 ?

Was 14-0 Niners after 5 minutes too

Jeezo :unsure::mad:

The Colts were the only team to let me down. My own fault for taking them I suppose...