NFL Thread 2016/17 - Page 7 - Other Sports - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

NFL Thread 2016/17

The Giant

2 hours ago, Ally Bongo said:

Honestly they are distinctly average and im loathed to bum up the Cowboys but if they were to meet the Giants again at Jerryworld then it will be a totally different game.

There were rumours Dallas would be resting players and were trying to protect Prescott and despite the denials and everyone starting there is no smoke without fire.

What Dallas have done is make WFAN and Francesa unlistenable with all the Giants fans phoning in to say how great they are when it's been patently obvious they are not

They've got the best defence in the NFL IMO. 

Their offence is broken though. No running game and Eli seems to have lost the ability to throw it deep. Unless OBJ makes a spectacular run after catch, they're not moving the ball quickly or easily. 

• Replies 411
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

13 minutes ago, Parklife said:

They've got the best defence in the NFL IMO. 

Agreed re their offense but their defensive performance last night was out of the ordinary and i'm more inclined to believe it was a one off exaggerated by the Cowboys not being in all out win mode - particularly if you watched them against the Steelers last week

They have also given up big points against Cleveland, Chicago, Bengals, Eagles, Ravens, Vikings & Redskins

Their secondary has been cack all season

No doubt i'll be eating my words deep into the post season but i just cant see it

12 hours ago, Ally Bongo said:

Agreed re their offense but their defensive performance last night was out of the ordinary and i'm more inclined to believe it was a one off exaggerated by the Cowboys not being in all out win mode - particularly if you watched them against the Steelers last week

They have also given up big points against Cleveland, Chicago, Bengals, Eagles, Ravens, Vikings & Redskins

Their secondary has been cack all season

No doubt i'll be eating my words deep into the post season but i just cant see it

I hope you're right, Ally. As i don't want to be playing those bawbags again :lol: 

On ‎12‎/‎12‎/‎2016 at 11:13 AM, Parklife said:

I've only caught the highlights but it looked like the Giants defence played like the best defence in the league (which they probably are) and Prescott had his worst game to date. 

A Dallas field goal attempt which struck the cross bar and bounced back is the difference between the teams. 

Green Bay, Seattle and the Giants are the 3 teams i'd like Dallas not to have to meet again, even with home field advantage. So a Dallas win combined with the Lions taking out the Giants next week would be pleasing. I can't see anything other than the Packers going unbeaten to end the season. I can see them winning in Dallas in the NFC Championship game as the Dallas defence has no chance of stopping an on form Rodgers. 

Green Bay still need to win last 2 which going to be hard which put us 9-6 and if lions lose next 2 it be both of us 9-6 going into last game against them at there place which is going to be hard, Green Bay still odds against us making play offs, depends on Staffords hand injury he suffered and Rodgers has hurt his other leg now, so need wait and see extent of both injuries as without Rodgers and Stafford last couple of games you would then make Vikings favs to win division.  Cowboys still the team to beat, could see they were just taking it easy on Sunday trying no to get injuries if they win 2 of last 3 you will start to see Romo and Morris in at QB and RB and they will rest Elliot and Prescott to keep them fresh for the play offs.

Think i am going to go to the La Rams Cardinals game at Twickenham, been to Wembley a few times and never been to Twickenham, always a stadium i have fancied going too.  Anyone else going to a game next year?

Sept 24 / Oct 1

Jacksonville Jaguars against Baltimore Ravens - Wembley

Sept 24 / Oct 1

Miami Dolphins against New Orleans Saints - Wembley

October 22 / 29

Cleveland Browns against Minnesota Vikings - Twickenham

October 22 / 29

Los Angeles Rams against Arizona Cardinals - Twickenham

2 hours ago, Geed said:

Think i am going to go to the La Rams Cardinals game at Twickenham, been to Wembley a few times and never been to Twickenham, always a stadium i have fancied going too.  Anyone else going to a game next year?

Sept 24 / Oct 1

Sept 24 / Oct 1

October 22 / 29

October 22 / 29

Three teams who have never been over before in that lot. Only leaves the Packers, Panthers, Eagles, Seahawks, Titans and Texans as never having played in London. I think there may be a bit of pressure on all those teams to visit in the next two or three years.

Also interesting is the big test on the market - four games in rapid succession.

Edited by biffer

11 hours ago, Geed said:

Sept 24 / Oct 1

Sept 24 / Oct 1

October 22 / 29

October 22 / 29

I'll look at doing one of the Twickenham games. Is the contract with Twickenham just for 3 games in total? If so that'll be it done after next year's games. Then on to White Hart Lane?

2 hours ago, Johnnyshaker said:

I'll look at doing one of the Twickenham games. Is the contract with Twickenham just for 3 games in total? If so that'll be it done after next year's games. Then on to White Hart Lane?

Yes. I believe there is an option to extend with Twickenham should they wish, but I don't think they will go to more than 4 games in the short term. They have signed for 2 a year at Spurs for 10 years, and the current deal is 2 a year minimum at Wembley, although I don't know how long that deal is for.

14 hours ago, The Giant said:

Yeah doubt packers will ever come, going to have to save up to get to Lambeau, which I will do for 1 game in next couple of years.  Might even look at going to a game in New York when one of them play them, and make a holiday out of it

20 hours ago, biffer said:

Three teams who have never been over before in that lot. Only leaves the Packers, Panthers, Eagles, Seahawks, Titans and Texans as never having played in London. I think there may be a bit of pressure on all those teams to visit in the next two or three years.

Also interesting is the big test on the market - four games in rapid succession.

Think they will still sell out, its so popular over here now and has been so for a few years now.  Me and my mates have been doing a fantasy league now for 10 years and be doing thanksgiving day and superbowl parties and having a tailgating days watching the London games right through to the late games.  I actually enjoy watching the nfl now more than watching the football, and never thought would say that, most games football you watch now are drab and have no excitement to them whereas nfl games always exciting as get a lot of come backs nowadays with late wins from being behind and looking out of it.

9 hours ago, The Giant said:

Yes. I believe there is an option to extend with Twickenham should they wish, but I don't think they will go to more than 4 games in the short term. They have signed for 2 a year at Spurs for 10 years, and the current deal is 2 a year minimum at Wembley, although I don't know how long that deal is for.

Think it depends on if White heart lane development is finished on time

17 hours ago, The Giant said:

Yeah, I understand the home argument, but to be honest the argument for away games doesn't really wash with me. It sounds like the same argument people were making ten years ago about teams like the Cowboys and the Steelers. I wouldn't be surprised to see one of the games mentioned in the next two seasons (most likely the Rams game) come over.

Edited by biffer

3 hours ago, Geed said:

I actually enjoy watching the nfl now more than watching the football, and never thought would say that, most games football you watch now are drab and have no excitement to them whereas nfl games always exciting as get a lot of come backs nowadays with late wins from being behind and looking out of it.

I went to the Redskins game at Wembley 2 weeks before the Scotland game and, to be honest, the experience has made me want to go to more NFL games and less Scotland games.

I'll probably go to SaintsvDolphins next year

3 hours ago, Geed said:

Think they will still sell out, its so popular over here now and has been so for a few years now.  Me and my mates have been doing a fantasy league now for 10 years and be doing thanksgiving day and superbowl parties and having a tailgating days watching the London games right through to the late games.  I actually enjoy watching the nfl now more than watching the football, and never thought would say that, most games football you watch now are drab and have no excitement to them whereas nfl games always exciting as get a lot of come backs nowadays with late wins from being behind and looking out of it.

Been saying that for about 6 years Geed

The Jets v Dolphins game at Wembley with club seats was the most civilized sporting event i have ever been at

Was basically like walking out the pub door and into your seat

When there was a game break you could walk from your seat to the wine bar and back in less than 5 minutes (i timed it)

I was suitably pished at full time right enough but it was none of that rushed nonsense

Putting a wee line on a Sunday for the NFL games then watching redzone is one of my week's highlights !

22 hours ago, Fugitive said:

I went to the Redskins game at Wembley 2 weeks before the Scotland game and, to be honest, the experience has made me want to go to more NFL games and less Scotland games.

I'll probably go to SaintsvDolphins next year

Exactly they know how to treat there fans right, atmosphere and the things they do to make you enjoy the day is amazing.  My mates been to a few bears games in Chicago and he loves the tailgating, big massive car parks, go up park your car, get bbq out and can drink and have a great time mixing with other fans with entertainment always on.

21 hours ago, Ally Bongo said:

Been saying that for about 6 years Geed

The Jets v Dolphins game at Wembley with club seats was the most civilized sporting event i have ever been at

Was basically like walking out the pub door and into your seat

When there was a game break you could walk from your seat to the wine bar and back in less than 5 minutes (i timed it)

I was suitably pished at full time right enough but it was none of that rushed nonsense

Putting a wee line on a Sunday for the NFL games then watching redzone is one of my week's highlights !

Yeah exactly, can get a beer and have a bit of banter with opposition sitting next to you without any hassle.  I am same love my anytime touchdown scorer bets and money lines and total field goal bets, redzone is amazing, only time I never watch it, is if a packers games on the tv.  Done 5 Scotland away games this year and not even thought about booking Lithuania or Slovenia away next year as just lost the buzz for it and results with us being out, think am ready pack in the away games, but always go to the home games

A shocking line-up given by the NFL. Very disappointing. 

I'll go to one of them (probably whatever one is on 29th October) but i'd have liked to have seen at least one top team over (please no one argue that the Ravens or Vikings are a top team...). 

6 minutes ago, Fairbairn said:

I'll hopefully go to the Saints v Dolphins if it's 1st October.  Can anyone give me an idea of typical ticket prices for decent seats? Not wanting to be stuck away up int he Gods.

usually £90 is really good seat, my mates been down and they paid around

17 minutes ago, Parklife said:

A shocking line-up given by the NFL. Very disappointing. 

I'll go to one of them (probably whatever one is on 29th October) but i'd have liked to have seen at least one top team over (please no one argue that the Ravens or Vikings are a top team...). 

Ravens are a decent side only a few years ago they won superbowl, viqueens I agree they aren't.  Cardinals are a good team too, always thought they could win a superbowl one day or another, on there day they are a good team, saw they released Michael Flyodd last night and Patriots picked him up rightaway

3 minutes ago, Geed said:

No bother, think am going to go for those ones as well when they go on sale in January.

Is that when they go on sale?  Going to get the take the missus down for her birthday so I'll keep an eye out for them being released.

7 minutes ago, Geed said:

Ravens are a decent side only a few years ago they won superbowl, viqueens I agree they aren't.  Cardinals are a good team too, always thought they could win a superbowl one day or another, on there day they are a good team,

Vikings and Ravens are both 7-6, despite being in 2 poor divisions, while the Cardinals are 5-7-1, despite being a division with the Rams and 49ers. They all have talent on their roster but i can't agree that they're good teams. 

saw they released Michael Flyodd last night and Patriots picked him up rightaway

A good player, having a very poor season. He'd have been leaving Arizona at the season end anyway as his contract is up. I suspect the DUI gave them an excuse to save a few $$$. 

I now expect him to spend the next 6 weeks playing like an elite receiver and helping the Pats to the Superbowl :lol: