NFL Thread 2016/17 - Page 3 - Other Sports - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

NFL Thread 2016/17

The Giant

An extremely bizarre game in Philly where it seemed neither offense wanted the ball very much. The majority of the offense came from defence and special teams, with turnovers galore for both sides. 

Sam Bradford getting zero protection and turning in to a rabbit caught in the headlights. That's got to be a big concern for the Vikings. 

Looking forward to the big game in Dallas next sunday night, when Philly come to town. A win put Dallas in a commanding position in the NFC East. With Romo now fit again, the Cowboys have a big decision to make. If it were up to me, Prescott would stay in but Jerry Jones and Jason Garret have been ultra loyal to Romo in the past, so who knows... 

• Replies 411
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

6 minutes ago, Fairbairn said:

When do they announce the International Series games for the following year?  Quite fancy taking the missus down to one next year and if I could double it as a Christmas present that would be perfect!

Not sure when the games and dates will be announced. The 2016 games were announced on November 25th 2015. 

I'd try and avoid going to see either the Rams or the Jags and go to the other game :lol: 

I'm off down this weekend for Washington vs Cincinatti, can't wait, 

16 minutes ago, Parklife said:

Not sure when the games and dates will be announced. The 2016 games were announced on November 25th 2015. 

I'd try and avoid going to see either the Rams or the Jags and go to the other game :lol: 

Cheers.  Do you know if it's usual for teams to play 2 years running?  She's a Giants fan so that would be ideal but as they've just played this year not sure on the likelihood of them coming back so soon?

Just now, Fairbairn said:

Cheers.  Do you know if it's usual for teams to play 2 years running?  She's a Giants fan so that would be ideal but as they've just played this year not sure on the likelihood of them coming back so soon?

Would think the Giants are very unlikely to be back next year. 

The Jags and Rams will be back again as the home teams. 

Geno Smith tore his ACL ffs

You should go to the twitter page of the Rich Eisen show and watch his clip about Ryan Fitzpatrick and how he is always in the right place at the right time as a back up

He actually predicted this last week & suggested the Jets get him off the team as it was the only way to stop the jinx

2 hours ago, Ally Bongo said:

Geno Smith tore his ACL ffs

You should go to the twitter page of the Rich Eisen show and watch his clip about Ryan Fitzpatrick and how he is always in the right place at the right time as a back up

He actually predicted this last week & suggested the Jets get him off the team as it was the only way to stop the jinx

Wasn't he standing on the sidelines after being injured? Weird that it's such a serious injury if he was doing that. 

On 24/10/2016 at 11:46 AM, Parklife said:

Have to say, I have been to the Jags v Bills game last year and the Jags v Colts this year and both cracking games. Only one score in it for both of them.

The Chiefs v Lions game was terrible (Chiefs absolutely dominated) and this weekends Rams v Giants game wasn't a classic either.

You are right, Jags have signed up for the long term to come to London every year, and I believe as part of the quid pro quo for the Rams moving to LA was two London games while their stadium is being built.

J

1 hour ago, Bristolhibby said:

Jags v Colts this year and both cracking games.

I can't agree that that game this year was "cracking". 

It was close but mainly due to the ineptitude of both offenses. 

I'm hoping that's not the case this week and we get the old Andy Dalton, a Kurt Cousins on form and AJ Green De-Sean Jackson making big plays. 

On 24/10/2016 at 8:41 PM, Parklife said:

Wasn't he standing on the sidelines after being injured? Weird that it's such a serious injury if he was doing that. 

Thought so at the time however not knowing you have torn your ACL in certain circumstances when you have was news to me

Certainly left Joe Namath (and others) who tweeted something similar with egg on his face

I just hope they dont throw the potential golden goose that is Bryce Petty in too quick when Fitzpatrick stinks up the joint again

Edited by Ally Bongo

23 minutes ago, Ally Bongo said:

I just hope they dont throw the potential golden goose that is Bryce Petty in too quick when Fitzpatrick stinks up the joint again

Take off the green tinted specs, 'potential golden goose' seems optimistic. Rookies like Kessler, Wentz and Prescott are starting this year. Petty has been there 2 years now, (like Siemian for example), and still couldn't beat out Smith for the chance to back up Fitzpatrick. I doubt he will be a franchise quarterback, but you never know.

7 hours ago, The Giant said:

Take off the green tinted specs, 'potential golden goose' seems optimistic. Rookies like Kessler, Wentz and Prescott are starting this year. Petty has been there 2 years now, (like Siemian for example), and still couldn't beat out Smith for the chance to back up Fitzpatrick. I doubt he will be a franchise quarterback, but you never know.

Thats why i said "potential" ;)

On 23/10/2016 at 10:19 PM, biffer said:

Holy Toledo, what about them Raiders?

5-2, best start since 2001. 

Raiders set NFL single-game record with 23 penalties.

And still win ......

Congrats lol

Edited by Ally Bongo

On 17/10/2016 at 6:56 PM, Ally Bongo said:

I was at Wembley earlier, and thoroughly enjoyed the game, if a bit disappointing that no one could win in OT.

Then I when I got off the plane, I was very happy to see that the Pats had dished some out to Rex Ryan. 

Good day all round.

4 minutes ago, The Giant said:

Pats were a great bet

a tie in consecutive weeks

Who'd have thunk - and nearly 3 with the Raiders game too

On 24/10/2016 at 7:53 AM, Parklife said:

An extremely bizarre game in Philly where it seemed neither offense wanted the ball very much. The majority of the offense came from defence and special teams, with turnovers galore for both sides. 

Sam Bradford getting zero protection and turning in to a rabbit caught in the headlights. That's got to be a big concern for the Vikings. 

Looking forward to the big game in Dallas next sunday night, when Philly come to town. A win put Dallas in a commanding position in the NFC East. With Romo now fit again, the Cowboys have a big decision to make. If it were up to me, Prescott would stay in but Jerry Jones and Jason Garret have been ultra loyal to Romo in the past, so who knows... 

Prescott will not lose his spot. He's simply too good, especially in the clutch. Was hurried by the Philly defence last night time and again but hung in there and made the big plays. He looks like he's going to be a star. 

Enjoyable game at Wembley yesterday, no issues with a draw. Great day out too :ok:

On 24 October 2016 at 7:53 AM, Parklife said:

Can't believe they woyld reinstate Romo, maybe only starting the season will confuse Romo and he won't do his usual bottling when the air gets cold.  

If Cowboys season continues through to a Superbowl then it could go down as one of the greatest draft picks in on season!

34 minutes ago, giblet said:

Any news on who is playing in London next season and where?

The Jaguars will play someone at Wembley. The Rams will play someone in London, possibly at Twickenham again, because they are coming every year until their stadium is built. And the Dolphins are playing the Saints, although the venue for that is unconfirmed also. Twickenham signed a deal for 3 games i think, so it depends whether they have 4 London games next year. Tottenham have a deal to host 2 games a year for 10 years from 2018 onwards, so they may try and complete the Twickenham deal in 2017.

I might be wrong and it is the Jets ...

However

Last year the 2 games where the Jets had their best match up was against the Dolphins and totally dominated them twice

Yes we dont have Chris Ivory to run over the top of them but we do have Forte, Powell and now CJ Spiller as our RBs

Jets are getting 4 points of a start on the spread at 10/11

It could be the bet of the year (maybe)

4 hours ago, Ally Bongo said:

I might be wrong and it is the Jets ...

However

Last year the 2 games where the Jets had their best match up was against the Dolphins and totally dominated them twice

Yes we dont have Chris Ivory to run over the top of them but we do have Forte, Powell and now CJ Spiller as our RBs

Jets are getting 4 points of a start on the spread at 10/11

It could be the bet of the year (maybe)

I just don't trust them to have them on my coupon. Don't know if they can score enough points tbh.

Total disgrace of a franchise - beat themselves again

At least with the 4 point start you get the push

Petty for the rest of the season now

Dont know whats worse

Jeremy Maclin leaving the KC game soon after kickoff and doing me for an anytime touchdown fivefold or waiting on the Packers -7 for two different trebles

Thats an absolute disgrace of a showing at Lambeau against the Colts who have been rank rotten all season