Ross McCormack - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Ross McCormack

McDange

It's a very odd move. Villa have Ayew, Gestede and Agbonlahore up top. I'd have thought Ayew and Gestede would be a very potent strike force at Championship level, and Villas problems are pretty much every other position on the park. Why they'd sign him is odd.. and why he'd go there is equally strange.

As far as I know, they've agreed a fee, McCormack hasn't agreed to go there yet. Part of me says 'yes, get out of fulham it's a dead end' but another part of me thinks villa will be the one of the three clubs that came down which will really struggle this season and McCormack could just end up a bench player for a mid-table club. It's risky, for sure.

Agbonlahor has been released I'm sure? Reading the opinions of Villa fans online, they aren't sold on Gestede either so they are quite happy to see them spending money on a player who is a proven goalscorer in the Championship (although he turns 30 in two weeks).

55 minutes ago, Angus_Young said:

Stepped down as captain and was training with the reserves but don't think he has been released.

Appears you are right. Villa fans have a list of the guys they want booted out this Summer: Agbonlahor, Richards, Lescott & Bacuna.

It's a shame McCormack has never played a game in the Premier League, and very likely never will. Vardy has shown the gap between the two leagues isn't necessarily that big if you are willing to put in the work. It's probably not worth the hassle for McCormack, he knows he is financially set for life bobbing from one Championship club to another every couple of years.